Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7 second pause squat with 460lbs. [1 rep]

Hybrid View

Wannabebig Member

7 second pause squat with 460lbs. [1 rep] raw no belt

2 york 100lb. plates on each side + 60lb. powerbar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbT4Fl_mw3I
    Last edited by Matteo Paolo; 03-10-2012 at 02:11 PM.

Wannabebig Member
    Aren't you passed the point of diminishing returns at 3-4 seconds?
    "Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go"

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecutter View Post
    Aren't you passed the point of diminishing returns at 3-4 seconds?

For me..i think 3-4 seconds has the best carryover..especially when you start getting near 1rm weight..but pausing for 7-10 seconds has to have some kind of positive effect..if i 1rm with a weight for 3 seconds and can't go any heavier at that moment i drop the weight a bit and do more work [break my previous 3-5 rep max or do an extra set with my 3-5 rep max, each rep 3-4 seconds ] , i won't try to go heavier and do 1-2 second pauses..i stay between 3-4 second pauses..and occasionally do 7-10 second pauses.

Why do you squat OUTSIDE of the rack?
    10 seconds seems a bit long; 3-4 secs is more than enough.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Niko_El_Piko View Post
    Why do you squat OUTSIDE of the rack?
    10 seconds seems a bit long; 3-4 secs is more than enough.

It's just a personal preference..i feel crammed inside the rack..+ i got so use to squatting off of uprights training for a competition..but, yeah i agree with you..3-4 seconds is long enough,especially the really heavy weights. I only do 7-10 second pauses once in a while.

Didn't break parallel. Not a squat. As douchey as the zercher videos.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joey54 View Post
    Didn't break parallel. Not a squat. As douchey as the zercher videos.
    Well.. ''douchey'' it was at parallel...if you can do better on the zerchers and squats..let's see..until then..keep squatting your bitch weight ''atg''...while a 180lb., drug free, vegetarian [me] does a 3 second pause squat with 3x bodyweight raw, no belt...it's kind of like the guy on youtube recently bench pressing 600lbs. for 6 reps in a t-shirt ..yet people still talk shit on him...just can't please the jealous internet trolls..keep the criticism coming..pour it on ..it's amusing...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Matteo Paolo View Post
    Well.. ''douchey'' it was at parallel...if you can do better on the zerchers and squats..let's see..until then..keep squatting your bitch weight ''atg''...while a 180lb., drug free, vegetarian [me] does a 3 second pause squat with 3x bodyweight raw, no belt...it's kind of like the guy on youtube recently bench pressing 600lbs. for 6 reps in a t-shirt ..yet people still talk shit on him...just can't please the jealous internet trolls..keep the criticism coming..pour it on ..it's amusing...lol.
    If that makes you feel special, fantastic. Sounds like excuses to me.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

Wannabebig Member
    If that makes you feel special, fantastic. Sounds like excuses to me.
    No excuse...no lifting heavy doesn't really matter anyways..if there was actually some money in it..maybe i would compete again..i just choose to train a little bit in the gym..not drug up and put on a ton of gear like most lifters..but really it's so insignificant.

I think the reason you came here to post your videos is to get comments on how amazing and strong you are and how we should all be in awe at your impossible feats.

Get over yourself, this a powerlifting forum, where many members are as strong or stronger then you are. There are plenty of professional lifters that post here as well, who make you (and me) look like little twerps walking into a gym for the first time.

The people posting comments here are not internet trolls, they are solid, experienced, and strong as hell lifters. You'd do well to listen to their advice.
    Best Gym Lifts:
    475 - 315 - 585

Best Meet Lifts (220 Raw)
    435 - 295 - 555 (1285)

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DontTakeEmOff31 View Post
    I think the reason you came here to post your videos is to get comments on how amazing and strong you are and how we should all be in awe at your impossible feats.

Get over yourself, this a powerlifting forum, where many members are as strong or stronger then you are. There are plenty of professional lifters that post here as well, who make you (and me) look like little twerps walking into a gym for the first time.

The people posting comments here are not internet trolls, they are solid, experienced, and strong as hell lifters. You'd do well to listen to their advice.

I posted my video's simply to display them like every other person on here..and what's this about ''professional'' lifter..professional means anything you make a living off of...there is no money in the sports of powerlifting..LOL...''professional'' in powerlifting means lifters that are not drug tested and wear a ton of multi ply gear..under loose judging..and yes..they are trolls because if they weren't they wouldn't criticize every video of mine..just because they can't do it themselves..and as far as advice doing me well by these ''strong lifters''...i've been trained,coached and mentored by IPF world champions/world record holders...IPF legends to be exact..so learning things..LMAO...and lastly..don't compare me with you or anyone else..find out who someone is before running your mouth..they might make you look like a ''twerpe''..speak for yourself..my first year competing in the USAPL..i squatted a american and world record in front of very strict IPF judges..raw and drug free i would put myself against anyone in the world at 180lbs.what would i get for coming to a meet and squatting nearly 600lbs. and deadlifting 700lbs with just a belt on..a trophy or medal..LOL.
    Last edited by Matteo Paolo; 03-12-2012 at 06:00 PM.

I posted my video's simply to display them like every other person on here..and what's this about ''professional'' lifter..professional means anything you make a living off of...there is no money in the sports of powerlifting..LOL...''professional'' in powerlifting means lifters that are not drug tested and wear a ton of multi ply gear..under loose judging..and yes..they are trolls because if they weren't they wouldn't criticize every video of mine..just because they can't do it themselves..and as far as advice doing me well by these ''strong lifters''...i've been trained,coached and mentored by IPF world champions/world record holders...IPF legends to be exact..so learning things..LMAO...and lastly..don't compare me with you or anyone else..find out who someone is before running your mouth..they might make you look like a ''twerpe''..speak for yourself..my first year competing in the USAPL..i squatted a american and world record in front of very strict IPF judges..raw and drug free i would put myself against anyone in the world at 180lbs.what would i get for coming to a meet and squatting nearly 600lbs. and deadlifting 700lbs with just a belt on..a trophy or medal..LOL.
    Since you love your videos so much, how about posting these world record attempts you're speaking of. Don't tell me you didn't get a chance to take a video of that. How about a link to those records? Here, i'll get you started (http://www.usapowerlifting.com/records/).
    Best Gym Lifts:
    475 - 315 - 585

Best Meet Lifts (220 Raw)
    435 - 295 - 555 (1285)

..''professional'' in powerlifting means lifters that are not drug tested and wear a ton of multi ply gear..under loose judging..and yes..they are trolls because if they weren't they wouldn't criticize every video of mine..just because they can't do it themselves.
    I'd feel bad for the pile on if it wasn't for this.

Look bud, nobody denied you're strong. The thing most people took issue with was your horrendous form, particularly on those zerchers. Then when well-meaning people (with, quite honestly, more experience than you) tried to give you pointers, you had an instant response essentially brushing them off. When we pointed out that some of these people are quite accomplished in their own rights (and, five or ten years ago, were likely where you were now), you then proceeded to belittle them.

Nobody is "hating" on you. But please do realize that everyone else posts videos here for feedback, criticism, and self-improvement, whereas you seem to be looking for everything but.

It's an issue of maturity, which you sorely lack.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

I'd agree it was high, but staying bent over like that for 7 seconds is a terrible idea. Hope you don't ruin your back doing that.

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    I'd agree it was high, but staying bent over like that for 7 seconds is a terrible idea. Hope you don't ruin your back doing that.
    I can honestly say that there was no pressure/strain on my back..at all..i only felt it in my hips,glutes and hamstrings.

I can honestly say that there was no pressure/strain on my back..at all..i only felt it in my hips,glutes and hamstrings.
    Oh it'll come to you eventually

*moved to the correct forum

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

y r u guys hating on this. he posted a vid of him doing something that was hard and wanted to show ppl. thats what all these training vids are anyways. give em a break

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kingns View Post
    y r u guys hating on this. he posted a vid of him doing something that was hard and wanted to show ppl. thats what all these training vids are anyways. give em a break
    They hate because they're jealous trolls..jealous because a vegetarian fitness model/combat athlete is able to perform world class strength/power feats..and they feel a certain way about it..lol..it's good to see someone like yourself that understands why i post video's and doesn't feel the need to talk s@$% on a internet forum..lmao.

While I think 7 secs is a bit excessive, that was a pretty badass feat of strength. As for depth, it is just training and you were pretty close.

Why don't you post up some more traditional videos of you squatting/dling?

Yeah thats certainly it. You could post these videos with 100 lbs or 700 lbs, to me they still make no sense. As for all these other points, seems as though you are projecting and want credit for these "amazing" feats of strengths in your mind. Now because no one is as impressed as you thought you resort to name calling and rationalizing. Strong is strong. Stupid is stupid. Everyone can decide for themselves what this is.

Just get under the bar!

and I do have a question, seriously. If you have been trained by IPF legends, why is your squat set up and walk out like it is? It seems to leave room for a lot of improvement.

Just get under the bar!

Wannabebig Member
    and I do have a question, seriously. If you have been trained by IPF legends, why is your squat set up and walk out like it is? It seems to leave room for a lot of improvement.
    Well..why did John Kuc pull with his head down..or Steve Goggins practically good morning his squats..because comfort/preference...my pause squats are at parallel..but i can certainly go below parallel also..and as far as rationalizing or name calling goes..you were the one who called my lifts ''douchey''...i never looked for anybody to be in awe or be impressed with my feats/lifts..i choose to shared them..if that bothers you..that may be another story..but congrats..you did a great job shiting on my video's..
    Last edited by Matteo Paolo; 03-13-2012 at 01:41 AM.

Well..why did John Kuc pull with his head down..or Steve Goggins practically good morning his squats..because comfort/preference...my pause squats are at parallel..but i can certainly go below parallel also..and as far as rationalizing or name calling goes..you were the one who called my lifts ''douchey''...i never looked for anybody to be in awe or be impressed with my feats/lifts..i choose to shared them..if that bothers you..that may be another story..but congrats..you did a great job shiting on my video's..
    So you shared the videos for the purpose of a cultural crusade and to expose our community to your unique form of training?

Your response still didn't answer why you lose all your tightness when you unrack the bar and then bounce all around until you get in position to squat.

If you are offended by the word douchey, I'll amend that to goofy videos. It is interesting you have decided the powerlifts have little importance to you and you have assigned some arbitrary measures for your own strength. I guess that shows you are more evolved with the rest of us. I would just like to see a real squat or real deadlift video where we don't have to be uncertain of the actual weight.

Also, since you are an MMA fighter do you have any sort of record or do you just trane UFC?

Just get under the bar!

Wannabebig Member
    So you shared the videos for the purpose of a cultural crusade and to expose our community to your unique form of training?

Your response still didn't answer why you lose all your tightness when you unrack the bar and then bounce all around until you get in position to squat.

If you are offended by the word douchey, I'll amend that to goofy videos. It is interesting you have decided the powerlifts have little importance to you and you have assigned some arbitrary measures for your own strength. I guess that shows you are more evolved with the rest of us. I would just like to see a real squat or real deadlift video where we don't have to be uncertain of the actual weight.

Also, since you are an MMA fighter do you have any sort of record or do you just trane UFC?
    ''Train'' MMA..and also train some mma fighters..i started way before it was ''cool'' to be a mma fighter..and was mainstream...i'm not offended by any of your words..but, obviously these video's bother you in some way because..like a child you continue to attempt talkdown to me
    like my lifts are inferior just because i have a unorthodox style..if your style, form, strength/power is so superiorto mine than where is your video's..have you ever competed in A LEGITIMATE ORG/FED..have you ever attempted any american, national or world records..i supplied my detailed [short] competition history..the meets i was in had ''actual weight''...and my training weights are the exact amounts note..you can even contact Greg Jones..the man that was coaching me at these meets..my deadlift and squat..i really think that you should start doing pause squats...at parallel..work up to your max..post it and then..we will see how much you can handle at JUST PARALLEL...i know a parallel 3 sec pause squat with nearly 3x bodyweight raw no belt is pretty pathetic..i'm working on getting STRONG...lol...oh and i train the deadlift here and there..due to the toll it takes on my entire along with all the other lifts..but if i decided to get focused on the dl..and wanted to test it at a meet..i could get my numbers back up to in order to max on that to...i know i'm probably stupid..becuse of something else to..lol..oh well.