Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last Man Standing Bench Challenge in Lancaster PA this summer

Last Man Standing Bench Challenge in Lancaster PA this summer

OK, so Gene Rychlak is letting me shake things up a bit in the RPS. On 7/28/12 I am throwing out a last man standing bench press challenge at the PA State Powerlifting Meet in Lancaster. We want to get multiply benching back at the Arnold and this is how we think we can do it. We need to put on a kick ass exhibition and show them what we are capable of.

The rules are simple. The bar will start at 700 lbs. and jump 50 lbs. each round. You can have one missed attempt and retake the weight at the end of the round. Any ties go to the lighter lifter. The entry fee for the exhibition will be $50, all of which will go into a pot for the winner. I will even sweeten the offer with $250 of my own money.

This is by no means trying to replace standard powerlifting. We are simply trying to put on a crowd pleasing event where a lot of weight gets moved. We will be taking the first ten serious commitments. All you need to qualify is have a 700 lb bench on the books within the past 12 months. You want my money, come get it!

If you are interested or know someone who might be interested, have them message me here. As of now I will be competing along with my training partner Tee Tee McCray and Travis Bell. That's three top ten benchers without even trying. Thanks for checking this out, it should be a good time.
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 03-19-2012 at 09:42 PM.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

this sounds like a lot of fun, best of luck!
    H: 5'7" W:185
    Goals: 495 -315 -585

“Persistence Persistence.” - Calvin Coolidge.
    "I'm so pissed at how dumb this thread is that I think I'll go kick my cat. Again"-Belial
    "I mean, it's kind of like neutering your cat, hoping that'll stop your dog from humping your leg." - Belial
    Journal

Great! Hope this works out!

VIncent seriously dude why do you have to be such and asshole! You knew I was coming out to this meet to share the platform with you. Now you throw this shit out there. Fuck it I'm going to Disney world!

Disney world is cool and all but I have already been there. So from here out we are no longer friends. And I am going to throw my name in the mix as long as I am 100% healthy. Only becuase I like Travis and I know Travis won't be at other meets.

So its on like Donkey Kong!

Before any of you east coast guys get your panties in a bunch I am just messing with Vincent.

Me, Tee, Travis, and now Rob. This is already turning into a good lineup. And if this show is not entertaining enough, maybe a video of all of us that waterpark will be. I look forward to see who throws their hat into the ring next.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Luyando View Post
    VIncent seriously dude why do you have to be such and asshole! You knew I was coming out to this meet to share the platform with you. Now you throw this shit out there. Fuck it I'm going to Disney world!

Disney world is cool and all but I have already been there. So from here out we are no longer friends. And I am going to throw my name in the mix as long as I am 100% healthy. Only becuase I like Travis and I know Travis won't be at other meets.

So its on like Donkey Kong!
    I like how you managed to throw digs in at me as well as Travis in the same post. Touche my friend.

hahaha!

Rob's the man! Even though he's getting a little fruity with all this bodybuilding training.

Who else is in? This will be a fun weekend

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

I'd like to see Chris Smith jump in. We could use a little guy

Banned
    This is going to be great. I'm going to drink whiskey and call you guys fat all day long. Of course, I'll lift off for you Cenzo.

Give me a day or two to discuss with Kara & Craig, my wife, etc. and I will let you know. My next meet was gonna be in July anyways, so more than likely it will be a go. Vincent is making me feel all special, calling me a "little guy" and all. Haven't heard that in forever!!! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodeHouse View Post
    This is going to be great. I'm going to drink whiskey and call you guys fat all day long. Of course, I'll lift off for you Cenzo.
    You need a wing man? Lancaster is only an hour from me. Im there.
    Best raw meet lifts
    Squat:765 with wraps. / 700 raw with out wraps
    Bench: 525
    Deadlift: 755
    Total: Raw with wraps: 2000. with out wraps: 1925

Best lifts Equipped
    1050, 840, 715. Total: 2605

Representing AtLarge Nutrition and EliteFTS

Well I was planning on doing this meet for awhile, so it will be an extra to watch this.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

Sounds cool!

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Wannabebig Member
    I cant wait to see this. Great to see some of the best benchers go head to head. Glad Vincent came up with the idea and Gene is going to roll with it. I will def be at that meet!

Just got a pretty interesting email from a big time bencher who is interested. He's checking to see if it works with his schedule. This could shape up to be a pretty bad a$$ event.

Go ahead and count me in Vin!! Talked to Kara and Craig last night, and they are all for it, and thinks it will be cool as hell.

Smitty

It would be cool, if there was away to watch it live stream and pay, it cost $5 bucks or so to watch a meet in person... so it would be cool to pay the live stream some how and that money go for your guys extra prize cash!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason198 View Post
    It would be cool, if there was away to watch it live stream and pay, it cost $5 bucks or so to watch a meet in person... so it would be cool to pay the live stream some how and that money go for your guys extra prize cash!!!!
    This is a good idea.

This is great! Glad to see it's getting legs (or arms, as the case may be).

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Smith View Post
    Go ahead and count me in Vin!! Talked to Kara and Craig last night, and they are all for it, and thinks it will be cool as hell.

Smitty
    That's awesome! We are up to 5 competitors already.

Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    Just got a pretty interesting email from a big time bencher who is interested. He's checking to see if it works with his schedule. This could shape up to be a pretty bad a$$ event.
    Lets not start playing games with this secret squiel shit

sounds like it will be awesome
    ADRIAN LARSEN
    #2 ranked All time 220lbs raw bench 585lbs
    www.fuelthedesire.com THE ALPHA PROJECT
    ELITE TRAINING EXTREME PERFORMANCE YOUTUBE VIDS
    AT LARGE NUTRITION
    ALN Supp Stack used - Nitrean Plus, BCAA, Multi Plus, Fish Oil, ETS
    Anderson Powerlifting
    Sling shot
    YOU CAN HAVE EXCUSES OR RESULTS, NOT BOTH

Well it's good you got a chance to try this to see how it ends up working out. Definitely should video the entire thing, maybe get the livestream if you can, so you might be able to draw more interest for a larger meet if it works well. I would also think you may want to take 15-20 entries in case anyone pulls out for any reason so you are still left with at least 10 lifters on meet day, as it always happens that some people don't show up in the end due to injury or work or some kind of family or other commitment or emergency that comes up.
    Best competition lifts:
    650lbs. raw squat
    441lbs. raw bench
    580lbs. raw deadlift
    1650lbs. raw total

Just for clarification I want to make sure that everyone interested in this Last Man Standing or actually laying on his back heaving up weight contest. The bench rules will remain the same as in all of the RPS meets. This isn't a touch and go meet. Soft fucking handoffs won't fly and a Bench comand will be inforce. And yes you have to lock the shit out. So make sure you can handle those rules before you enter because nobody wants to listen to any crying after the challenge is over.