The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 55

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member Invain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,950

    Americans: Wake the fuck up

    Video


    This has happened in multiple states.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

  2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!


  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    654
    Didn't something similar happen in Florida when bush was running for president.

  4. #3
    House Lannister
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,282
    Not surprised by this. That being said, do you have links to other, less partisan reports on this? MSNBC is just as bad as Fox many times.


    Romney losing to Ron Paul would be a huge embarassment, and at the end of this caucus season, Romney will no doubt be the candidate. Santorum would get crushed in the Presidential race, and Ron Paul doesn't have the GOP leadership support that he needs. He's a libertarian masquerading as a Republican.

  5. #4
    Senior Member Invain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,950
    Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    Not surprised by this. That being said, do you have links to other, less partisan reports on this? MSNBC is just as bad as Fox many times.


    Romney losing to Ron Paul would be a huge embarassment, and at the end of this caucus season, Romney will no doubt be the candidate. Santorum would get crushed in the Presidential race, and Ron Paul doesn't have the GOP leadership support that he needs. He's a libertarian masquerading as a Republican.
    Less partisan reports? Lol. They're all the same. I posted this one because they explained it fairly well. MSNB loves to mock Ron Paul so I was kind of surprised they'd run something portraying him as the victim.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

  6. #5
    House Lannister
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Invain View Post
    Less partisan reports? Lol. They're all the same. I posted this one because they explained it fairly well. MSNB loves to mock Ron Paul so I was kind of surprised they'd run something portraying him as the victim.
    Huh? Reporting is most definitely not the same amongst the major news channels....Each station has their own spin on things.


    Edit: Nick, it's not that I don't believe this is happening, I just like to see it corroborated by other news stations. I have a hard time taking MSNBC seriously.
    Last edited by chevelle2291; 03-20-2012 at 08:20 PM.

  7. #6
    Senior Member Invain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,950
    Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    Huh? Reporting is most definitely not the same amongst the major news channels....Each station has their own spin on things.


    Edit: Nick, it's not that I don't believe this is happening, I just like to see it corroborated by other news stations. I have a hard time taking MSNBC seriously.
    My point is, I have a hard time taking any of them seriously. Show me one main-stream media outlet that isn't biased toward one side or the other.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

  8. #7
    Senior Member Invain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,950
    Quote Originally Posted by method115 View Post
    Didn't something similar happen in Florida when bush was running for president.
    Yes. I wouldn't be surprised if it happens to an extent almost every election.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

  9. #8
    A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,713
    Something fishy is definitely going on.

    The only republican GOP than can beat Obama is Ron Paul. Will independents vote Romney? No. Democrats on the fence? No. Democrats that don't like Obama? No. Ron Paul supporters are very fervent and will write him in before voting for Romney or Obama.

    In other words say hello to 4 more years of Obama. I'm going to keep fighting the good fight but things are not looking well for 2012.
    My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB

  10. #9
    Senior Member Invain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,950
    "One of the commitments I made upon taking over as Chair of the Nevada Republican Party was to do my best to make sure every Republican voice was heard and that no faction within the Nevada GOP felt left out of the important decisions we will be facing in the weeks and months ahead.

    Recently the topic of same-day registration at the Presidential Caucus on February 18th, 2012 has caused some disagreement in the party ranks. In an effort to make sure we have a fair, honest and comprehensive discussion about this matter, the Nevada Republican Party Executive Board voted today to place the issue on the agenda for our October 22nd state meeting.

    It is my belief that true leadership entails listening and being open to a wide variety of views and opinions from diverse sources. It is in that spirit that I inform you of this decision and it is my hope that once the matter is settled, we can move on together to create a Presidential Caucus that will be the envy of the nation and begin the process of restoring the pride and prosperity to Nevada and America that has been lost in the Age of Obama.

    Thank you for your contributions to the goals of the Nevada Republican Party. It is a great time to be a Republican in Nevada.


    Sincerely,

    Amy Tarkanian
    Chairwoman
    Nevada Republican Party"

    http://www.nevadagop.org/message-fro...ential-caucus/
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

  11. #10
    Senior Member soclydeza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    585
    I've been following Paul and the republican race closely since he first started thinking of running for 2012 and they have been shafting him left and right the entire time, first with media coverage, then polling data and now with the actual primaries.

    ThomasG, you are absolutely right. Obama will pull most of the liberal vote and some independents and thats it. Romney would pull most of the conservative vote and some independents and thats it. Paul would grab almost all of the conservative vote (everyone from the anyone-but-Obama crowd plus all of his conservative supporters), a good amount of the liberal vote (I read a lot of accounts of liberals who would vote Paul over Obama, but would otherwise vote Obama if Romney is to be the the republican candidate), the vast majority of independents and I would be surprised if there were more than two libertarians in the entire country that wouldn't vote for him. Even if you gave MOST of the independents to Obama (which I'm sure wouldnt happen anyway), Paul would still have the upperhand.

    This shit has been pissing me off for a while now. The GOP KNOWS Obama will be a shoe-in if they throw Romney up there (or Santorum or Gingrich for that matter), which really makes me question their overall motives. Given the fact that the National Defense Authorization Act, the Anti-Tresspass Bill, Enemy Expatriation Act now the National Defense Resource Preparedness Act all have passed within less than 4 months while Paul is the only candidate that opposes them makes me wonder too. I really hope his delegate strategy works, otherwise this country is screwed.
    Friends don't let friends slam weights on the ground after every set

  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    654
    Quote Originally Posted by soclydeza View Post
    I've been following Paul and the republican race closely since he first started thinking of running for 2012 and they have been shafting him left and right the entire time, first with media coverage, then polling data and now with the actual primaries.

    ThomasG, you are absolutely right. Obama will pull most of the liberal vote and some independents and thats it. Romney would pull most of the conservative vote and some independents and thats it. Paul would grab almost all of the conservative vote (everyone from the anyone-but-Obama crowd plus all of his conservative supporters), a good amount of the liberal vote (I read a lot of accounts of liberals who would vote Paul over Obama, but would otherwise vote Obama if Romney is to be the the republican candidate), the vast majority of independents and I would be surprised if there were more than two libertarians in the entire country that wouldn't vote for him. Even if you gave MOST of the independents to Obama (which I'm sure wouldnt happen anyway), Paul would still have the upperhand.

    This shit has been pissing me off for a while now. The GOP KNOWS Obama will be a shoe-in if they throw Romney up there (or Santorum or Gingrich for that matter), which really makes me question their overall motives. Given the fact that the National Defense Authorization Act, the Anti-Tresspass Bill, Enemy Expatriation Act now the National Defense Resource Preparedness Act all have passed within less than 4 months while Paul is the only candidate that opposes them makes me wonder too. I really hope his delegate strategy works, otherwise this country is screwed.
    Honestly even if Ron Paul won the presidency I don't see how he would get anything done.

  13. #12
    Senior Member Invain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,950
    Paul still claims he could easily have more delegates in the end. I really hope he's not full of shit.

    I want Paul to win the nomination just to watch him debate Obama more than anything else. I feel like he would slaughter anybody 1 v 1 in a debate, especially President Teleprompter.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

  14. #13
    House Lannister
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Invain View Post
    Paul still claims he could easily have more delegates in the end. I really hope he's not full of shit.

    I want Paul to win the nomination just to watch him debate Obama more than anything else. I feel like he would slaughter anybody 1 v 1 in a debate, especially President Teleprompter.
    Paul v. Obama would certainly be interesting. Ron Paul is a true conservative candidate. I like some of the things he stands for, and I think he's batshit crazy on other issues. Unfortunately, he will never be a Republican presidential candidate. No way. The GOP would never allow it. He is far removed from the neo-conservative ideal that has wrecked the GOP in recent years. Because of this, he will never be a 'real' candidate, which is unfortunate.

  15. #14
    Moderator joey54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Palmyra, PA
    Posts
    5,730
    Years of watching pro wrestling have allowed me to come to grips with the fact most of this stuff is just as fixed and scripted.


    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

    Just get under the bar!

  16. #15
    Senior Member Jonathan E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by joey54 View Post
    Years of watching pro wrestling have allowed me to come to grips with the fact most of this stuff is just as fixed and scripted.
    I wouldn't be surprised if most of the speeches are written by someone completely different. With that being said, I think it'd be cool if political debates were settled with a cage match. A "alpha male" type scenario. That could be the discovery channel talking though.

  17. #16
    Senior Member soclydeza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    585
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoopipally View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if most of the speeches are written by someone completely different. With that being said, I think it'd be cool if political debates were settled with a cage match. A "alpha male" type scenario. That could be the discovery channel talking though.
    in some other countries thats actually how a lot of debates end up
    Friends don't let friends slam weights on the ground after every set

  18. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    757
    I think Ron Paul was supposed to have won in Washington too. Regardless, Romney will be the nominee. I don't think voting matters anyways, it's whoever the establishment wants to win. It will be fixed no matter what, and it is becoming easier and easier to do with electronic voting machines and no paper trail of ballots in many states. I have almost always voted Republican, but I will not vote for Romney. I voted for McCain (I also did not really like him and think we would be in another 3 more wars now with him as president) but would have voted for just about anyone over Obama last time. However, I think Romney is just as much a threat to the average American's way of life as Obama has been, maybe even moreso. Either one of them will do more serious damage to our country in the next 4 years. So I will write in Ron Paul on the ballot in November, as I believe he is the only one running that truely knows anything about the economic crisis and how economics actually works, and he is the only one running that actually believes in the Constitution and Bill of Rights and defending our freedoms, instead of taking them away.

    It still surprises me how much our media and government can talk about voter fraud and lack of freedoms in other countries, while both remain very prevalent in our own, and getting worse.
    Best competition lifts:
    650lbs. raw squat
    441lbs. raw bench
    580lbs. raw deadlift
    1650lbs. raw total

  19. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,580
    i saw some liberal fuck stick with a "I liked Obama before it was cool" t-shirt

    i wanted to drown him in the drinking fountain

  20. #19
    back at it Beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    0
    Dude, I couldn't watch this video. Rachel Maddow is el terrible.

    D 435 / S 340 / B 305

    Journal

    "I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

    "OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

    "Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

  21. #20
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    15
    The thing is, most people are not aware. It has to reach a tipping point. Plus people are too busy trying to make ends meet, which is another great strategy to put down the masses until it reaches Greek like proportions..

  22. #21
    Wannabebig Member Etype's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Raeford, NC
    Posts
    10
    Americans should wake up in many ways. But no part of our waking up should involve anything ever said by Rachel Maddow.


    Quote Originally Posted by April Mathis View Post
    I will write in Ron Paul on the ballot in November, as I believe he is the only one running that truely knows anything about the economic crisis and how economics actually works, and he is the only one running that actually believes in the Constitution and Bill of Rights and defending our freedoms, instead of taking them away.
    I think they all know it is broken, but are content with trying to work with the problem instead of fixing it. At least Romney has been incredibly successful in the business world and knows how it works, Gingrich and Santorum are career politicians without a leg to stand on otherwise.

    I agree Paul would be the best choice, and will be voting for him in the primary. But when it comes time for the general election, I'm voting for whoever has the best chance at beating Obama, and that's Romney. Romney is nowhere near as bad as McCain, who was an undeniable FDR progressive.
    Last edited by Etype; 04-11-2012 at 07:16 PM.
    "If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth." - Ronald Reagan

    My Log

  23. #22
    Cardio bunny Alex.V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Duke
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Etype View Post

    I think they all know it is broken, but are content with trying to work with the problem instead of fixing it. At least Romney has been incredibly successful in the business world and knows how it works, Gingrich and Santorum are career politicians without a leg to stand on otherwise.
    Government and private business are two completely different entities. Success in one in no way translates to success in the other.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

  24. #23
    Wannabebig Member Etype's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Raeford, NC
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex.V View Post
    Government and private business are two completely different entities. Success in one in no way translates to success in the other.
    An understanding of private business is important for a politician if he wants to positively influence it.

    I'm also pretty sure most of Romney's success was in a public company, which means more pressure to stay in the black.
    Last edited by Etype; 04-11-2012 at 07:48 PM.
    "If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth." - Ronald Reagan

    My Log

  25. #24
    Cardio bunny Alex.V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Duke
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Etype View Post
    An understanding of private business is important for a politician if he wants to positively influence it.

    I'm also pretty sure most of Romney's success was in a public company, which means more pressure to stay in the black.
    Public, private, not the point. The issue is government versus for-profit company. Very different animals.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

  26. #25
    Wannabebig Member Etype's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Raeford, NC
    Posts
    10
    The problem with our current president is that he has no experience in the business world, so he has no idea how it works or how to promote it. As a testament to his experiences, they really don't matter given he was a constitutional law professor who questions the constitutionality of the supreme court striking down laws- brilliant.

    No matter how you cut it, any one of the Republican candidates would do better.
    "If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth." - Ronald Reagan

    My Log

Similar Threads

  1. when do you wake up?
    By akomabutisakama in forum General Chat
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-25-2004, 09:40 PM
  2. when do you wake up?
    By akomabutisakama in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-25-2004, 10:10 AM
  3. When I Wake Up
    By Allie in forum General Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-19-2002, 01:39 PM
  4. Wake up all puffy and so on
    By Matx in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-31-2001, 10:11 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •