Thread: need serious help with blisters....

need serious help with blisters....

I've started to train for the Selection to the Special Forces, so I've been doing tons of endurance training and i've been running alot with a backpack. Due to that, I've been getting some serious blisters on my feet. I've got a huge one on my right heel and it hurrts like biatch!!!!!!!!!

i'm actually ing when typing this.

any tips on how to get rid of the pain and any tips on how to not get blister and what to do when u get one would be very appreciated...

thx
    Cent
    -in serious pain-

crybaby.
    ...watch me reap of what I sow....

and BOOM goes the dynomite!

i really really really really really really need some help...it has started to bleed....

I win.
    well the only thing you can do now is bandage them up and wait until they heal. In the future, try putting baby powder on your feet to reduce friction, or try wearing 2 pairs of socks. I tried them and they are both effective.

Two pairs of socks worked well for me when I used to play basketball. Is the blister on the back of your heel? Are you running in boots? Make sure there's not a problem with whatever you're wearing in that area.

You can also get silk sock liners from almost any outdoor store and they are supposed to help alot. Eventually your feet will toughen up and you'll have big thick ugly callouses but you won't get blisters anymore.
    sometimes slowly

My stats:
    Age - 43
    ht - 5' - 7"
    wt - 152 lbs
    bf% - 10.5%
    pipe dream goal 175 lbs @ 10% bf
    making the switch to power lifting

Wannabebig Member
    I use a thin layer if crazy glue over my blisters... I know it sounds crazy but it works.

Stu
    Dedicated to purpose beyond reason.
    Due to a mix-up in Urology, there will be no apple juice served today.

Age: 22 Height: 5'11" Weight: 200# BF%: 11% Bench: 275x8 Squat: 315x10 Deadlift: 365x6

I heard a story once (urban legend?) about a marathon runner who painted rubber cement on his feet to either prevent or treat blisters. Toxic stuff in the glue absorbed through his skin and killed his bone marrow. He had aplastic anemia for the rest of his (short) life. Granted, this guy apparently used a bunch of it. I would be careful what I applied to my skin, though.

Go to the store and buy some stuf called mole skin, I use it when I rollerblade cause I get blisters, that stuff should help you out a lot
    WHEN LIFE ****S YOU IN THE ASS, YOU GOTTA JUST TURN IT AROUND AND **** IT RIGHT BACK!!!!!! - ME

I am a fatass thank you very much! LOL

Bodylicious Babe

My max bench is @110 x 8

Originally posted by runt
    Eventually your feet will toughen up and you'll have big thick ugly callouses

Yup. LOL, you should see the bottoms of my big toes they are so ugly. I get blisters in crazy places like the corner of my toes by my nail.