The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Fuzzy's training for Proraw

Gonna make sure I log this entire buildup.

I went 282.5/132.5/325 @ 99.2 at my last meet. I did this with 5 weeks of preparation and a torn forearm.

Now I have my site on Proraw 4. Proraw is a small fed in Australia with 4 weight classes, 176 209 242 242+. Aim is to stack the weight classes for more head to head competition. It's much more fun when you're going toe to toe with 2-3 guys very close to you and having to get tactical with your deadlifts in order to secure placings etc.

This is my training cycle numbers mapped out. Pure old school western periodisation for the most part, same type of thing run by Coan, Capt. Kirk etc. Running a modified extended Smolov bench to get in a huge amount of frequency and volume before moving the bench in line with the traditional peaking program in week 5.

I'll kick of tomorrow.

PS. sets of 10 suck dick.
    Being a strong teenager means nothing.

My wrists hurt, but some people don't have wrists to be sore. My knees have tendinitis, but some people don't have legs to get tendinitis in. I seem to be going backwards with training, yet some people can't even walk let alone lift 400 pounds on a daily basis.

Dust out the vagina, and keep on lifting.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Very light squats, and very light deads today. I need to grip wider but I can't because of the rack... this is gonna get interesting training at this gym.

Video

THIS is more like it. Hips down, chest up, super tight back, just pops off the ground. Once I get into equipment, a tight as fuck dl suit will spit me out of that bottom position.

Close grip lat pull downs
    4 sets, with one 3 set drop set of depth. Lats looked ridiculous.

5 sets of biceps, focused on dat contraction...

and that's all.

Cycle officially begins next week.

My wrists hurt, but some people don't have wrists to be sore. My knees have tendinitis, but some people don't have legs to get tendinitis in. I seem to be going backwards with training, yet some people can't even walk let alone lift 400 pounds on a daily basis.

Go get em mate, wish you all the best!!

Strong young fella!!
    Squat briefs only 625 @ 210
    Bench geared 525 @ 210
    Deadlift geared 650 @ 220

Captains of Crush #3

Building Mighty Mitts...

2 or 3 years. Give or take.

AM session, meant to do this yesterday.

Bench
    60x8
    100x4x2
    115x4
    125x4x2
    125x3

Complete and utter shit.

Did some light bench to the neck with 60kg and pec flyes and bounced.

Notes:
    Was not happening. Shit sleep, prolactin, and a whore fucking with my head... again. No fucking women. Will rejig the bench program and get back on track in a day or so. First shitty session like that in a while.

Session 2

Squats
    70x5
    120x5
    160x3
    182.5x10x2
    \
    First set. Second set was agony.
    Video

Leg extension
    Ham curls
    Calf raises.

Notes: Mother of god that hurt so much. So so much. Listen for the 'fuck' at the end. Kristos had to push me under the bar. I went with the thumbless grip today because I can get the first 2-3 reps out before it becomes really painful. It's not great for higer reps because my hand slips down, but for max attempts the thumbless allowed me to keep the grip reasonably narrow.

It was easy, nothing was difficult, but the pain + flat shoes just made it wonky, but it felt light and well in control. 190kg for 10's next week, and then it's on the the 8's. Never thought 8 reps would sound so sweet. 5's will be sex.