The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Do you believe in Ghosts? Check this out

I posted this on another forum and was met with a lot of skepticism, which was to be expected. People think the image was photo shopped, and I can tell you with 100% certainty it was not.

I've been posting here long enough that I feel many of you will believe my story. I understand if you don't believe in this sort of thing, I just wanted to share this with you.

Here's the back-story for this picture:

My best friend was dating a girl I went to highschool with last year. She worked at a retirement home back in my home town. Obviously, people die there fairly often, and the people that work there have lots of stories about weird **** happening.

A lady that lived there had recently passed away, can't remember the time frame but I think it was only a couple days before. This lady always wore her hair up in a bun, and always wore long gowns/dresses.

One afternoon, my friends girlfriend had her phone out and was showing a coworker something, probably a text, not sure. While she had her phone out, it randomly took a picture. Mind you she swears she was not using the camera, it snapped this picture by itself. When she checked her saved images, the image below was what showed up. She immediately freaked out and called my friend. The following weekend, she came and visited my friend, whom I also lived with at the time, and she showed me this picture, still on her phone. There is absolutely no way she could have faked this. She is not the slightest tech savvy, and my friend told me she was legit freaked the **** out when she had called him that day. All her co-workers were freaked out as well. They all agreed the "lady" in this imaged looks exactly like the woman that had passed a way a few days before.

I know the image is kind of small, mind you it was taken on a ****ty phone.

Last edited by Invain; 04-06-2012 at 07:50 PM.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

That is terrifying if she truly didn't doctor that.

May want to upload to imageshack as people without a bb.com account won't be able to view it.

Quote Originally Posted by FearFactory View Post
    That is terrifying if she truly didn't doctor that.

May want to upload to imageshack as people without a bb.com account won't be able to view it.
    Yeah I just changed it. Like I said in the op, I can guarantee she did not upload it. I know this girl personally, and I saw the picture on her phone. My friend told me she was extremely freaked out when she called him that day.

wtf? if that is real I would have shit my pants
    6'1", 215lbs

Deadlift - 475, Front Squat - 320, Back Squat - 405

I am slightly freaked out, not gonna lie and if that were my phone and it was my house, house would go up for sale lol. Is that in her own house or the nursing home?

House Lannister
    damnit man fuck you for posting this this is gonna creep me the fuck out.

I'm seeing a woman wearing a sort of checked neckerchief type-thing. She has her hair up in some sort of a bun. Knee joint is clearly visible.

Hand is clearly visible in a half-fist position, looks as if she has her other hand on the doorknob.

eh?

The skeptic in me finds it curious that this picture is perfectly framed, not canted at all and held perpendicular to the floor. Plus the ghost image is obscuring whatever is just past the table, while the rest of the image appears to be a bit further back. Definately an odd perspective.

House Lannister
    in b4 belial.

Quote Originally Posted by Butcher View Post
    The skeptic in me finds it curious that this picture is perfectly framed, not canted at all and held perpendicular to the floor. Plus the ghost image is obscuring whatever is just past the table, while the rest of the image appears to be a bit further back. Definately an odd perspective.
    Good counterpoint. If it was randomly taken, how would the picture be so perfectly level?

House Lannister
    looks like she may have been sitting at a desk.

Quote Originally Posted by Butcher View Post
    I know it's odd. I think they were sitting at the table while she was holding the phone.

I also have some crazy stories she's told us about many of the residents claiming to see a "girl with black hair". Some of these people are very old and completely out of their minds, many suffer from dementia, etc and say random crap all the time, but there is something they all see that cannot be explained as random. Their stories match up, like they're all seeing the same thing.

Creepy stuff indeed.

Banned
    would you hook up with a ghost?

Good counterpoint. If it was randomly taken, how would the picture be so perfectly level?
    This. Camera phones take several seconds to focus and adjust- they do not focus until the camera is activated, and in a backlit shot like that would take more than a split second to reach that level of clarity throughout the picture. The odds of her randomly holding her phone perfectly level with the table for a few seconds (without moving a muscle) while the camera activated, focused, then snapped a perfectly framed shot are pretty slim.

If she was showing a text or anything else, she would have been holding the phone in such a way that the camera would have been pointed towards the floor.

Incidentally, the file's at least been renamed- I don't know of any camera phones that use the file name structure "002cnh"
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    would you hook up with a ghost?
    Ray got head from the one in ghostbusters.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex.V View Post
    This. Camera phones take several seconds to focus and adjust- they do not focus until the camera is activated, and in a backlit shot like that would take more than a split second to reach that level of clarity throughout the picture. The odds of her randomly holding her phone perfectly level with the table for a few seconds (without moving a muscle) while the camera activated, focused, then snapped a perfectly framed shot are pretty slim.

If she was showing a text or anything else, she would have been holding the phone in such a way that the camera would have been pointed towards the floor.

Incidentally, the file's at least been renamed- I don't know of any camera phones that use the file name structure "002cnh"
    I could easily see somebody holding their phone up to show somebody else an image or something?

As for the file name, it was sent from her phone to my friends, and then he sent it to me through a text. Maybe it was renamed during one of those processes?

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by Invain View Post
    All her co-workers were freaked out as well. They all agreed the "lady" in this imaged looks exactly like the woman that had passed a way a few days before.

]

The "ghost" doesn't have a face or even really any distinguishing features that I can tell...how is is possible for said co-workers say it looks EXACTLY like the woman who passed away?
    Last edited by Songsangnim; 04-08-2012 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Invain View Post
    I could easily see somebody holding their phone up to show somebody else an image or something?

As for the file name, it was sent from her phone to my friends, and then he sent it to me through a text. Maybe it was renamed during one of those processes?
    I don't buy it... look at the level you'd have to hold the phone (door handle level). Now, hold the phone perfectly vertical. Even sitting, tell me if you can see the screen clearly. Now think how long you'd have to hold it like that to get a perfectly level, focused shot. There'd be no reason to have it in that position unless you were planning on taking a blank picture of a perfectly framed doorway.

Not passing the sniff test.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Ryan has a scary as fuck picture on his phone. He should upload it here.

My simple opinion is that if ghosts exist they're not going to interact with the visible portion of the electromagnetic spectrum in anyway close to what they did in life (if at all). They may interact with some portions of the spectrum in some way, but I seriously doubt it would be anything that the human eye would register.

Interesting photo. I am a little skeptical mainly for the reason that other people in this thread have already discussed, which is the phone being perfectly level to the point where it captured the "ghost".
    "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
    決してあなたの夢への信頼を失う。生き残る。

House Lannister
    Ryan has a scary as fuck picture on his phone. He should upload it here.
    lol, Michael Myers.

Well, while it could have been photoshopped easily, there are other explanatons: lint or a smudge on the lens, for instance. The background of the photo is very in-focus, and usually a camera phone would have trouble capturing that kind of clarity without a certian ammount of effort on the photographer's part.
    Maybe it was uploaded via a virus Maybe your friend's more tech saavy than you realize, or someone she knows got hold of it andplayed a prank.

Then again, maybe there's a supernatural element at work in her phone. I personally doubt it, but we'll never know for sure.