The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig New Member

Allergic reaction to Results/Axcel?

Allergic reaction to Results/Axcel?
    So, just got my order in for results and axcel. First time I've taken either of them. Took them at around 11:00 am this morning with breakfast. I took one scoop of results with a glass of water, and I took only a single axcel since I had never used a thermogenic/stim supplement before. About a half hour later while I was getting dressed, I started itching.. EVERYWHERE. Arms, legs, back, chest, etc. This persisted about 3 hours or so and eventually tapered off.

Anyone have a reaction like this on either product? Since I took both at once I am not sure which caused it, or if either of them caused it. My guess would be axcel, since I've taken plain creatine monohydrate before and had no issue, and I doubt I'm allergic to dextrose if it was in fact an allergic reaction.
    Find love
    Find a girlfriend
    Find a boyfriend
    I want to help people like you find love, the right way.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

If your skin had a tingling/flush feeling that's normal which I'm sure made you itchy. It's the beta-alanine in the RESULTS.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Yep, that is called paresthesia and it is a harmless side effect of Beta-Alanine in doses of much over 800 mg. I very much doubt it was the AXCEL, but you can verify tomorrow by skipping it and just taking RESULTS.

FYI, the paresthesia will subside a bit with time and use.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hey Chris. I was about to email you about this. I have been experience the itchy skin with the latest Results order (Blue Raspberry), but do not remember feeling it with Tropical Punch.
    Last edited by DoUgL@S; 05-17-2012 at 02:06 PM.
    Move heavy weight, eat, sleep, repeat.
    Geniuses make complicated scenarios simple, morons take simple concepts and complicate them.

Well, it should have occurred with both. It is VERY likely parathesia from the Beta-Alanine. Totally harmless.

i get this after my workout with result as well as when I was taking jack3d last year, no harm...in fact I kind of like it.
    H: 5'7" W:185
    Goals: 495 -315 -585

“Persistence Persistence.” - Calvin Coolidge.
    "I'm so pissed at how dumb this thread is that I think I'll go kick my cat. Again"-Belial
    "I mean, it's kind of like neutering your cat, hoping that'll stop your dog from humping your leg." - Belial
    Journal

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    Well, it should have occurred with both. It is VERY likely parathesia from the Beta-Alanine. Totally harmless.
    I normally took Tropical Punch with some Nitrean, so maybe it blunted the effect and was not as noticeable. Thanks for the response.
    Move heavy weight, eat, sleep, repeat.
    Geniuses make complicated scenarios simple, morons take simple concepts and complicate them.

Yup, def the Beta alanine!! I take it by itself and it has always had that effect but has def become less noticable over time.
    Whoever said "Good things come to those who wait" couldn't have amounted to much. If you want it get off your lazy ass and get it!!
    Proudly Sponsored by AtLarge Nutrition

Best raw lifts:
    Squat: 733
    Bench: 512
    Deadlift: 733
    Total:1951

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Randal View Post
    Yup, def the Beta alanine!! I take it by itself and it has always had that effect but has def become less noticable over time.

TIMES 2 It is completly harmless and you shouldnt worry about it. Continue using the products.
    ADRIAN LARSEN
    #1 ranked All time 220lbs raw bench 585lbs
    Primal Power Systems - ELITE TRAINING EXTREME PERFORMANCE YOUTUBE VIDS
    AT LARGE NUTRITION
    ALN Supp Stack used - Opticean Nitrean BCAA Multi Plus Results Creatine Caps Fish Oil ETS
    Anderson Powerlifting
    YOU CAN HAVE EXCUSES OR RESULTS, NOT BOTH

Quote Originally Posted by DoUgL@S View Post
    I normally took Tropical Punch with some Nitrean, so maybe it blunted the effect and was not as noticeable. Thanks for the response.
    When I take my RESULTS I take Maximus immediately after on workout days and never notice the tingling. Days I just take RESULTS I noticed the tingling for the first two weeks or so then now nothing.