The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Please help me

Wannabebig New Member

Please help me

Hey guys well I'm trying to get down to 9.5% body fat I'm at 17% right now I'm 15 years old I love to work out I weigh 167lbs I have a work out plan Monday- Friday I work out 3 times a week at the least I don't wind cardio please give me any tips exercises nutrition plans/ diets

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Rob Schilke | GFX Designer thecityalive's Avatar
    You will most likely have to make changes in your diet to see those numbers. Take your caloric intake and start making cuts. I'm not saying change your actual food choice, but basically, eat less. Weight loss comes from a caloric deficit.

I'm sure people will have many tricks of the trade when it comes to cutting, but first make note of how much you are eating on a daily basis.

Also, shouldn't this be in the Diet/nutrition forum?
    My road to powerlifting:
    ===thecityalive is dead meat===
    Current RAW PRs:
    Bench: 255 (9/30/13)
    Dead: 515 (9/2/13)
    Squat: 435 (9/26/13)
    Total: 1205 lbs.
    twitter @thecityalive

Quote Originally Posted by Cundosbod View Post
    Hey guys well I'm trying to get down to 9.5% body fat
    I know how to get down to 9.7% bodyfat, but I can't really help you achieve your goal. Sorry.

illinois fattest lifter theBarzeen's Avatar
    I cut to around 10% back when I was single and cared how I look.....

it took 6 months of eating chicken breast and broccoli..... salad, veggies, some beef, lots of egg whites. No rice, potatoes, bread, etc.... no cheat meals, NOTHING. While hitting high intensity, fast paced weights. Very little actual cardio.

Here's the big thing though...... I made that cut from 265ish down to 210ish. At 210 I still carried a lot of muscle.
    If you are 165ish and want to cut you'll just wind up looking like skeletor. There's nothing impressive about 140lbs of skin and bones.

At 15 years old I'd focus on creating a solid foundation. Spend a few years building up some muscle so that when you go to cut for whatever reason, there's something there.
    Meet PR's: 1008-750-750 - 2464

Gym PR's... don't count ... time to do another meet!

Barzeen nailed it.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Banned
    Yeah dude, at 15 years old, the LAST thing you should give a shit about is being scrawny and weak. Build yourself into a man by getting big and strong. People go to the circus to see the elephants, not the mice.

Here is some simple math for you to consider.
    At 167 pounds bodyweight and 19% bodyfat you have 135 pounds of lean body mass (LBM) and 32 pounds of fat. (numbers rounded for simplicity.
    If you gain 20 pounds and without gaining or losing any fat that additional 20 pounds of LBM will drop your bodyfat % to 17.
    A tad more realistic, if you gain 20 pound consisting of 4 pounds of fat and 16 pounds of LBM you will maintain your current bodyfat %.
    http://www.leighpeele.com/body-fat-p...nd-percentages
    Scroll down this for an image of two people who both have the same bodyfat percentage but have drastically different muscle mass.

Your goals are your goals and your decision has no impact on my life but maybe this will help you make a more informed decision. Plus consider that at this point in life you likely will have the easiest time adding muscle assuming you make appropriate choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Butcher View Post
    Here is some simple math for you to consider.
    At 167 pounds bodyweight and 19% bodyfat you have 135 pounds of lean body mass (LBM) and 32 pounds of fat. (numbers rounded for simplicity.
    If you gain 20 pounds and without gaining or losing any fat that additional 20 pounds of LBM will drop your bodyfat % to 17.
    A tad more realistic, if you gain 20 pound consisting of 4 pounds of fat and 16 pounds of LBM you will maintain your current bodyfat %.
    http://www.leighpeele.com/body-fat-p...nd-percentages
    Scroll down this for an image of two people who both have the same bodyfat percentage but have drastically different muscle mass.

Your goals are your goals and your decision has no impact on my life but maybe this will help you make a more informed decision. Plus consider that at this point in life you likely will have the easiest time adding muscle assuming you make appropriate choices.
    Really liked that link.

illinois fattest lifter theBarzeen's Avatar
    Great link Butcher.... hit the nail on the head.
    Meet PR's: 1008-750-750 - 2464

Gym PR's... don't count ... time to do another meet!

Wannabebig Member
    that's a great post butcher!