The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

A Diet Plan I received...is it good?

First off I'm 21 yrs old, 5'8 and 148 lbs weak. I know I need to eat a shitload because well I don't gain weight easily. Is this a good beginner diet plan to follow, at another round of hitting the gym after a VERY long break from it. I want to go to Miami at the end of May, what kind of weight gain would be healthy (good) within that time frame? In other words, how much can I expect to gain between now and then? I know it would be mostly fat, but how much muscle can I attain by then as well. I'm not worried about the fat gain for right now, since I'm skinnier than a twig. Thanks Wannabebig Family...

Monday(calorie intake goal = 2500 per day for the week)

Breakfast – half cup oatmeal/2 scrambled eggs, one banana, drink of choice(juice/milk/water) calorie count = 450

Snack(2 hrs later) – nonfat yogurt, apple/banana/orange/drink of choice (calories – 200)

Lunch(2 hrs later) – whole wheat pasta, chicken breast, asparagus or broccoli, orange (calories – 650)

Snack – almonds, protein shake, banana (calories – 300)

Dinner – Rice(preferably brown) strip steak(or choice of beef), choice of veggie(mushrooms, peppers, asparagus) Calories - 750

Snack( 3 hrs later, an hr before bed) 3 scambled egg whites, 2 slices of whole wheat bread, juice(300 calories)

Tuesday

Breakfast – whole grain cereal/milk, choice of fruit, handful of almonds (300 calories)

Snack – cold cut sandwhich on whole wheat bread(low fat/sodium meats) protein shake (450 calories)

Lunch – whole wheat pasta, pan seared salmon, fruit ( 700 calories)

Snack – nonfat greek yogurt(extremely high in protein) granola, banana ( 200 calories)

Dinner – Rice with chicken breast and choice of veggie(any veggie is good) (700 calories)

Snack – scramble eggs, fruit ( 200 calories)

Wednesday

Breakfast – 3 eggs/ whole wheat toast, apple, juice ( 350 -400 calories)

Snack – anything high in complex carbs, high protein/high fiber and low in fat. Nuts and fruits recommended for snacks after breakfast to give u maximum energy to last throughout the day.

Lunch – strip steak with a veggie with high carb count(mash potatoes, etc), fruit ( 800 calories)

Snack – whole wheat bread sandwhich(could be with eggs or cold cuts) (400 calories)

Dinner – Brown rice and anything your mom makes.

Rotate the diet for the next 2 or 3 days, giving yourself one off day where you can beast on whatever you want. As in ANYTHING YOU want. Your weekly diet should be sufficient enough to enhance your metabolism to a state where you can easily burn off any excess unwanted calories from wendys or whatever. You only have a leeway of one day a week so enjoy that shit fucker. Also so u don’t get bored of eating the same shit all the time because I know I do. Just stick with it and you will lose close to a pound of fat every 2 weeks even if ur not working out od.
    Name: Adrian
    Height: 5'8
    Weight: 142 lbs

Goal: To be 175-180 lbs @ 10% body fat.

If at first you don't succeed, YOU WERE TAUGHT BY LOSERS!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Change all "drink of choice" to whole milk. Do you know your maintenance calories? I could never gain off 2500, even when I was 150 lbs I think I bulked in the mid to low 3000s.

From now to the end of may is like 6 weeks, I personally would aim for a gain of 12-15 pounds, while lifting heavy.

It's good that you're planning everything with detail, I do that too, but rarely end up sticking to it. It's good to have the basic frame work of what you're attempting to do and fill all the details in as you go. That might just be personal preference but I think its easier to hit goals that way.

If you're interested, I started on this site at 5'8 148lbs. I have a long journal you might take a look at where I've made rapid weight gains multiple times. I have a picture thread too I think. But it could give you an idea of what you might look like going from 150 to 170 in as little as a month.
    Last edited by Bako Lifter; 04-14-2012 at 04:58 PM.

Why on God's earth would you plan a diet so specific that every day of the week is different? That's irrelevant, overcomplicated, and will surely be your demise.

Just picking a handful of calorie dense foods you can force yourself to consume regularly and overeat on them. I'm talking 5-10 foods tops and concentrate on actually eating them in excess instead of planning them.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

And to answer your question --

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian101 View Post
    A Diet Plan I received...is it good?
    NO. Whoever wrote "...Rotate the diet for the next 2 or 3 days, giving yourself one off day where you can beast on whatever you want. As in ANYTHING YOU want. Your weekly diet should be sufficient enough to enhance your metabolism to a state where you can easily burn off any excess unwanted calories from wendys or whatever. You only have a leeway of one day a week so enjoy that shit fucker. Also so u don’t get bored of eating the same shit all the time because I know I do. Just stick with it and you will lose close to a pound of fat every 2 weeks even if ur not working out od..." is a damn moron. The above is seriously one the most retarded tidbits of diet advice I've read in some time and I hate the person that wrote it.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Just stick with it and you will lose close to a pound of fat every 2 weeks even if ur not working out od.
    Thought you wanted to gain weight?

Your weekly diet should be sufficient enough to enhance your metabolism to a state where you can easily burn off any excess unwanted calories from wendys or whatever.
    Lol.

Your bulking. Throw a couple of cheeseburgers, fries, and other calorie high foods in their. As long as you hit your appropriate macros/micros and not kill your heart, you should be eating everything and anything. At the end of the day..you'll gain the same amount of fat regardless of how 'clean' the diet seems. Happy eating.

Yea...that looks waaaaaaay too specific to me and I think you'll just set yourself up for failure with so many variables. I'd make cheeseburgers (baconators...mmmmmm!) a staple along with milk or something and just eat until you pop. Thats what I did when I bulked and I still only gained 1 to 1 1/2 lbs a week. I don't think 2500 will be enough.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

Wannabebig New Member
    If you want to increase your weight then it is better to prefer foods which have more amount of calories and then automatically you can increase your weight and you can go to gym for bodybuilding.

Rob Schilke | GFX Designer thecityalive's Avatar
    Milk. A gallon a day, every day. Bako....why the fuck didn't you recommend your Bako Shake?

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...The-Bako-Shake
    Last edited by thecityalive; 04-30-2012 at 01:27 AM.
    My road to powerlifting:
    ===thecityalive is dead meat===
    Current RAW PRs:
    Bench: 255 (9/30/13)
    Dead: 515 (9/2/13)
    Squat: 435 (9/26/13)
    Total: 1205 lbs.
    twitter @thecityalive