Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A backloading thread

Dr. Subtotal
    What's everyone's go-to PWO carbs? I know Kiefer suggests non-processed high-glycemic carbs after the PWO shake.
    Trample the weak, hurdle the dead
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132318

Satisfaction is the Death of Desire...

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodandThunder View Post
    What's everyone's go-to PWO carbs? I know Kiefer suggests non-processed high-glycemic carbs after the PWO shake.
    Dextrose for the PWO shake
    White rice
    Kid's cereal
    Cereal bars

My backloads are pretty boring. I have found that sticking to typical Skiploading foods, low fat high processed high GI, has given me better results.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LuNa View Post
    This is extremely normal when backloading. You are basically throwing gasoline (high amounts of carbs) on a fire (your metabolism). I tend to get the carb sweats as well.

Like Vincent, the backload meal makes me pretty lethargic/sleepy. I eat my last meal about 20-30 mins before going to bed and sleep like a baby.
    True. All this got messed up when I added green tea and Yohimbe to the pre workout. The green tea was killing appetite at the wrong time. Now I am taking it in the mornings and things are coming back to normal.

Wannabebig Member
    Pancakes
    More Pancakes
    waffles
    Indian food ( big bowl of rice and curry)
    Chipotle
    Chicken and biscuits

Hitting the calorie goals might be difficult from any one choice of backloading carbs. These days I end up eating Cake or Ice cream for the last 500 calories or so.

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by su9062 View Post
    Pancakes
    More Pancakes
    waffles
    Indian food ( big bowl of rice and curry)
    Chipotle
    Chicken and biscuits

Hitting the calorie goals might be difficult from any one choice of backloading carbs. These days I end up eating Cake or Ice cream for the last 500 calories or so.
    What calorie goal are you talking about? The tables in the book are just guidelines, as far as i know.

Wannabebig New Member
    I eat at about 6h30 Pm. One meal only, about 300 grams carbs and around 1700 calories. The increase in body temperature is giving really active brain signals, last night I had a dream, i was kinda like in a movie like the Gladiator!
    Last edited by kaspersky; 07-04-2012 at 10:09 PM.

Wannabebig New Member
    Question about net carbs, my bran Cereal contains 17.5 fibre and 15 g carbs per serve, what the hell would be the net carbs on this? Btw its uncle tobys Bran Plus
    http://strengthvillain.com/forum/vie...hp?f=11&t=3398
    ALL ABOUT GOING FROM A MIDGET TO A MONSTER!!!

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by Caino View Post
    Question about net carbs, my bran Cereal contains 17.5 fibre and 15 g carbs per serve, what the hell would be the net carbs on this? Btw its uncle tobys Bran Plus
    It could very well be that the carbs listed is already net carbs, so fibre subtracted.

Dr. Subtotal
    How do people handle their backloads if they train at 5-6pm (after typical working day). In the book, he states to backload the night before morning training (i.e. off days are now days in which you don't train the next day), but what about training at night. Follow the same or shift it to post workout.
    Trample the weak, hurdle the dead
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132318

Satisfaction is the Death of Desire...

LuNa
    How do people handle their backloads if they train at 5-6pm (after typical working day). In the book, he states to backload the night before morning training (i.e. off days are now days in which you don't train the next day), but what about training at night. Follow the same or shift it to post workout.
    It would be your regular backload protocol. Ultra low carbs pre training, then train and start the backload when you come home. The downside of having a later backload is fitting in all your carbs in a short time frame. Kiefer states in the book that you could already have carbs just before training if you train very late, at 8-9 for example.

I get home from work at 6 and am usually in the gym by 7 until about 9. I start my load after that and finish by about 11. Usually i get 500-600 grams of carbs in, which seems to be working fine.

Going to bump this up.

I used backloading from feb 1st ish to about july i think and lost a fair amount of fat while maintaining size/strength gain. Went from 252 to a low of 225. Ive been playing around with eating breakfast again, skipping breakfast but eating carbs, eating whatever, and i have to say, i will probably go back to backloading. I read WAY to many articles on Lyle Arrogant-donald's site and on Marks daily apple about how its BS and all about calories in calories out. Well, trying that approach my weight has been slowly creaping up and i feel softer.

I agree with what others have said about watching the junk. Initially, i was a huge fan of pizza and donuts. I also lost weight while doing that but my weight loss plateaud quickly. I think the best bet is to have a nice big clean dinner after the PWO shake, and the last meal more of a treat. Maybe a bowl of ice cream with some pound cake or a couple glazed donuts and a glass of skim milk. I also noticed if i slacked off a bit throwing in a week of low carb only really sheds the fat, not just water.

Those paleo forums, while they provide great information, are REALLY set in there ways and brainwash the shit out of people.
    2000 or bust

Quote Originally Posted by Stumprrp View Post
    Going to bump this up.

I used backloading from feb 1st ish to about july i think and lost a fair amount of fat while maintaining size/strength gain. Went from 252 to a low of 225. Ive been playing around with eating breakfast again, skipping breakfast but eating carbs, eating whatever, and i have to say, i will probably go back to backloading. I read WAY to many articles on Lyle Arrogant-donald's site and on Marks daily apple about how its BS and all about calories in calories out. Well, trying that approach my weight has been slowly creaping up and i feel softer.

I agree with what others have said about watching the junk. Initially, i was a huge fan of pizza and donuts. I also lost weight while doing that but my weight loss plateaud quickly. I think the best bet is to have a nice big clean dinner after the PWO shake, and the last meal more of a treat. Maybe a bowl of ice cream with some pound cake or a couple glazed donuts and a glass of skim milk. I also noticed if i slacked off a bit throwing in a week of low carb only really sheds the fat, not just water.

Those paleo forums, while they provide great information, are REALLY set in there ways and brainwash the shit out of people.
    Great post. Backloading helps me control my weight pretty easily and has really fine tuned my performance. Eating like this has become a total lifestyle that's very easy for me.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

I've recently switched to backloading, not to loose any weight but more or maintaining my weight and elevating my hunger levels. I've been able to hold my weight pretty steady (204 - 208 at 5'6) so I am enjoying it and I'm really liking feeling hungry again after bulking for so long.

Whats everyones food choices throughout the day? I'm curious and looking for ideas. Right now for me its almonds, salad with lots of chicken, bunch of protein shakes with peanut butter.
    Best Gym Lifts:
    475 - 315 - 585

Best Meet Lifts (220 Raw)
    435 - 295 - 555 (1285)

Quote Originally Posted by DontTakeEmOff31 View Post
    I've recently switched to backloading, not to loose any weight but more or maintaining my weight and elevating my hunger levels. I've been able to hold my weight pretty steady (204 - 208 at 5'6) so I am enjoying it and I'm really liking feeling hungry again after bulking for so long.

Whats everyones food choices throughout the day? I'm curious and looking for ideas. Right now for me its almonds, salad with lots of chicken, bunch of protein shakes with peanut butter.
    I have recently moved away from nuts and pb during the day. They have more carbs in them than I realized. I am more using coconut oil, mac nut oil, heavy cream, and no carb salad dressings for my fats. I really like to save my carbs because I used low net carb wraps for my lunches everyday. Two of them only have 12 grams of carbs. I use chicken or beef in them with veggies.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    I have recently moved away from nuts and pb during the day. They have more carbs in them than I realized. I am more using coconut oil, mac nut oil, heavy cream, and no carb salad dressings for my fats. I really like to save my carbs because I used low net carb wraps for my lunches everyday. Two of them only have 12 grams of carbs. I use chicken or beef in them with veggies.
    Are your fats and proteins pre workout split pretty even then?
    Best Gym Lifts:
    475 - 315 - 585

Best Meet Lifts (220 Raw)
    435 - 295 - 555 (1285)

Just wondering for guys on here that have tried backloading, have you ever tried eating berardi style. It sounds really similar except for i think berardi suggests eating more carbs through veggies and fruit.

Just started reading this book. I'm sure I will have some questions I'll post here. But so far a great book, and it just makes sense. Thinking I will start implementing it fully next spring, as this winter will be full on bulk, although tempted to use this protocol during bulk to avoid fat gain.