The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Boxing and bodybuilding?

Hey Guys I am starting up boxing next week, and I am curious how I can do both bodybuilding and boxing? I will Train for boxing 3 times a week, and I was hoping To do 2 full body days at the gym. My split would look something like this
    Monday- boxing
    Tuesday Full body
    Wensday off
    Thursday Boxing
    Friday Full body
    Saturday boxing
    sunday rest

How does this look, or does anyone have any suggestions like maybe workout in morning and boxing at night?
    Also note I am only doing boxing as cardio it is a form of cardio class
    Last edited by Wingman; 04-21-2012 at 01:17 AM.
    Age 16
    Weight 185

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Seems fine to me. A lot of people make great progress with 2 full body routines a week and upper/lower splits as well. I hate to see someone just say "bodybuilding" though because it involves so much more than actually hitting the weights. Are you trying to drop fat or gain muscle? When someone younger simply says bodybuilding, it makes me think of someone reading muscle mags and lifting without actual thought to nutrition. Thats how I first started out.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

go find Bruteman's journal. He boxes and lifts
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMcGuire View Post
    Seems fine to me. A lot of people make great progress with 2 full body routines a week and upper/lower splits as well. I hate to see someone just say "bodybuilding" though because it involves so much more than actually hitting the weights. Are you trying to drop fat or gain muscle? When someone younger simply says bodybuilding, it makes me think of someone reading muscle mags and lifting without actual thought to nutrition. Thats how I first started out.
    Well I remember before when I did this I lost quite a bit of fat in two months 1000 calories per practice, but I am wanting to get the big 3 up, and maintain my chest and arm mass, and I know thats umost impossible with boxing.
    Age 16
    Weight 185

Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    Well I remember before when I did this I lost quite a bit of fat in two months 1000 calories per practice, but I am wanting to get the big 3 up, and maintain my chest and arm mass, and I know thats umost impossible with boxing.
    1000 Calories per boxing practice? I doubt that. If you get the big 3 up you'll most likely be retaining any muscle mass regardless. Just eat to compensate the extra activity of boxing.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

A boxing class is not real boxing. Its just another cardio fad, like a spin class. Lift 4 days a week and do your cardio class the other 2.
    FOREVER
    STRONGER
    THAN
    ALL

You say "bodybuilding" but then say "big 3", so what I was doing might actually suit you. Box your 3 days and lift 3 days. For lifting I was rotating through the typical westside days(example: Mon-ME squat, Wed-ME bench, Fri-DE squat, Mon-DE bench, Wed-ME squat, etc.). The first lift of the day would be your ME, or DE, work and then I set up my assistance work like an upper/lower bodybuilding split. If you prefer lifting full body, twice a week, I just started doing that myself, so you could check out the most recent posts in my journal to see how I've set that up.
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

Wannabebig Member
    1000 Calories per boxing practice? I doubt that. If you get the big 3 up you'll most likely be retaining any muscle mass regardless. Just eat to compensate the extra activity of boxing.
    I do the class then I spar and train with the boxers for an hour
    Age 16
    Weight 185

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krazylarry View Post
    A boxing class is not real boxing. Its just another cardio fad, like a spin class. Lift 4 days a week and do your cardio class the other 2.
    I dont just do the cardio class I also spar and do foot work etc. But thanks
    Age 16
    Weight 185

Wannabebig Member
    Seems fine to me.
    Last edited by Ingrid37; 04-23-2012 at 04:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    I do the class then I spar and train with the boxers for an hour
    You don't burn as many Calories as you think when you workout. People over estimate it all the time.

Wannabebig Member
    You don't burn as many Calories as you think when you workout. People over estimate it all the time.
    im sorry thats just what the trainer there told me is the average amount.
    Age 16
    Weight 185