The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Low Back Pain

Wannabebig Member

Low Back Pain

So I have issues with low back pain that I thought were intermittent and caused by specific workout but it's lingered long enough to convince me otherwise ó that it's something I'll have to deal with.

The pain itself is not that bad, but it's a bit of an annoyance and is triggered by lower back intensive movements like deadlifts. My question is this: I've cut deads from my workout, but I don't want to cut bent over rows, squats, lunges and standing military. Do you think that's OK?

Again, the pain is relatively minor but clearly present, and I'm wondering if this is something that can slowly be overcome WHILE doing workouts. Also, I never do workouts that kill me, and I always have adaquate rest.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Go to the doctor, it will probably only get worse. I tried to work through it, but that didn't work.

Wannabebig Member
    Hmmm, pretty grim. what did the doc say/what'd you do to recuperate?

Stretch your hamstrings/glutes/adductors/abductors/quads/etc every day for a few minutes. I'll bet it gets better. Your body is more connected than you think. I've had similar issues.
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 475
    Dead: 500

"All people dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous ones, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible."

I had lower back pain more localized to the left than the right that started about a year and a half ago. I didn't notice it during a specific workout or exercise, just one day it randomly hurt one morning. It was not super painful but some days it was worse than other days. I tried resting my back for a few weeks at a time and felt it got better, but then Id do squats and deads again and the pain came back, it never completely went away.

Three weeks ago I had an MRI done and they found 2 disc herniations at L4-L5 and L5-S1. Now I need to consider surgery or injections or both. I am still young and I don't want to worry about making this injury worse in the future.

My suggestion would be the pain is not going away after resting your back, don't hesitate to see a doctor about it.
    Last edited by yayeti; 04-26-2012 at 04:31 PM.

Wannabebig Member
    Cool thanks

They took xrays but I haven't been back for a follow up yet. They sent me to physical therapy and they said its a joint sprain. I took time off, stretched, heated, iced. I finally dropped all my weights to extremely low weights and added 10lbs every week, hoping that my back would heal and strengthen up.