The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Wannabebig New Member

Triceps Pulldown/Pushdown HELP!

Why is it that I don't get sore any more after doing tricep pulldowns with a rope or silver metal attachment. I also did dips and kickbacks, but still not feeling that "Correct spot soreness the day after"
    ANY HELP ON TRICEP SCULPTING WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboy55 View Post
    Why is it that I don't get sore any more after doing tricep pulldowns with a rope or silver metal attachment. I also did dips and kickbacks, but still not feeling that "Correct spot soreness the day after"
    The reason you don't get sore anymore is because your body has adjusted to the exercise(s).

That said, soreness means nothing. Soreness is not a gauge of muscle building or workout intensity. Soreness only means you are sore.

Pro Strongman | Moderator Tom Mutaffis's Avatar
    I agree with this:

Quote Originally Posted by Songsangnim View Post
    The reason you don't get sore anymore is because your body has adjusted to the exercise(s).

That said, soreness means nothing. Soreness is not a gauge of muscle building or workout intensity. Soreness only means you are sore.
    BigBoy55 - What type of sets/reps/intensity are you currently performing for the exercises that you mentioned? And how long have you been using the same template or program?
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 235 lbs | Front Squat: 510 lbs | Overhead: 375 lbs | Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboy55 View Post
    aside from soreness being from bradykinin being released and an increase in nerve growth factor making the nerve endings hypersensitive, inflammation, and actual fiber tears.. youve weeded out the weak muscle fibers and are now less susceptible to that doms. So as you are more conditioned, you get less sore. Soreness shouldnt be a goal.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

Personal Fitness Trainer Super Honky's Avatar

Pushdowns

Try using a straight bar on a adjustable cable machine..superset pushdowns using supinated hand position then go straight to a pronated hand position this will mos def give u a good burn..

Or light your arms on fire. That should be a good burn.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial