Thread: Routine while cutting (need advice)

Routine while cutting (need advice)

Training for football this august. Going from lineman to linebacker. While eating on a surplus, I was on DT with some added power lifting movements and have made some nice gains. Recently I have began "cutting" to lose excess fat in prep for linebacker. I was wondering if their are any recommended routines I can try following in order to maintain my strength AND size.
    (Raw)
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 475
    Dead: 500

"All people dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous ones, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible."

Why not stay on the same routine you were on if you were making nice gains?

this would be my suggestion as well
    H: 5'7" W:185
    Goals: 495 -315 -585

“Persistence Persistence.” - Calvin Coolidge.
    "I'm so pissed at how dumb this thread is that I think I'll go kick my cat. Again"-Belial
    "I mean, it's kind of like neutering your cat, hoping that'll stop your dog from humping your leg." - Belial
    Journal

Quote Originally Posted by tom183 View Post
    Why not stay on the same routine you were on if you were making nice gains?
    Thats still an option. DT is an extremely taxing program (Even when i was bulking) so i thought their was the possibility that i would just be running myself down and getting weaker.
    (Raw)

"All people dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous ones, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible."

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopipally View Post
    Thats still an option. DT is an extremely taxing program (Even when i was bulking) so i thought their was the possibility that i would just be running myself down and getting weaker.
    Yea, I really wouldn't do a program like DT while in a Calorie deficit. You'd have to lower the volume or something.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

(Raw)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopipally View Post
    Not a bad lifting routine, but his conditioning circuits are fairly lame.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Quote Originally Posted by Alex.V View Post
    Not a bad lifting routine, but his conditioning circuits are fairly lame.
    I was thinking of not doing those and putting in place some cone work/speed intervals. Maybe even add a few more lifts to each day. If you have any recommendations beyond that Alex I would love to hear them, I know your experienced with balancing conditioning/weightlifting with your marathon stuff. I have a lot of work to do for these try-outs, especially from a cardio point of view.
    (Raw)