Thread: RESULTS ingrediants?

You're Being Lied To JohnnyRingo's Avatar

RESULTS ingrediants?

First off I know how defensive of Results everyone here is, these are just real questions. I have looked at results several times when I went to purchase my next creatine product, and for the price it's hard to justify. Creatine and Beta Alanine have more testing than most everything to prove they REALLY work, and are very inexpensive. It seems HMB's testing is contradicting at every turn. It seems that under some tests it does minor things, while others say it does nothing. The inconsistency says alot. These studies have been done in a weight lifting environment, yet the medical community has more faith in it. That is why HMB is being heavily researched for muscle preservation in cancer patients. Obviously HMB is the reason Results costs as much as it does. My question would be why not replace something cheaper than can yield more RESULTS?
    Replacing HMB with 5G of Citrulline Malate and 1G of Agmatine would seem much more cost effective, and make it a much more worth while product.

Basically why HMB, when the are less expensive products with more positive studies?
    Last edited by JohnnyRingo; 04-23-2012 at 07:47 PM.

Rob Schilke | GFX Designer thecityalive's Avatar
    Because it works.
    My road to powerlifting:
    ===thecityalive is dead meat===
    Current RAW PRs:
    Bench: 255 (9/30/13)
    Dead: 515 (9/2/13)
    Squat: 435 (9/26/13)
    Total: 1205 lbs.
    twitter @thecityalive

Quote Originally Posted by thecityalive View Post
    Because it works.
    Yeah Beta Alanine and Creatine work.......Thanks for your enormous help.

Johnny,

Try the product and then express your opinion.

The exact ingredients and their dosing in RESULTS make it a very effective product. Not much else I can tell you on that front, and yes, I believe the HMB component COMBINED WITH CREATINE AND BA makes a significant contribution.

Beyond that, what exactly do you think agmatime will do for your training?

Citrulline is an ingredient I have considered for products.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    Johnny,

Try the product and then express your opinion.

The exact ingredients and their dosing in RESULTS make it a very effective product. Not much else I can tell you on that front, and yes, I believe the HMB component COMBINED WITH CREATINE AND BA makes a significant contribution.

Beyond that, what exactly do you think agmatime will do for your training?

Citrulline is an ingredient I have considered for products.
    Thank you for you response Chris, and of course this thread was meant for you. I plan on trying RESULTS for my summer training. The topic of this thread is just something I have pondered for a while. The dosing of RESULTS is effective, which isn't found in many other products. I was just focused on HMB, and the cost to effect ratio. I am not a pioneer for a company nor a stronger than average man, I just thought if RESULTS would replace HMB with a few other ingredients (with effective doses of course) it would be the undisputed king.
    1G of Agmatine
    5G of Citrulline Malate
    4G of Beta Alanine
    5G of Creapure
    50G of Dextrose .......Then you have things like L tyrosine and L carnitine.

A serving of such supplement and a 200mg caffeine pill pre workout, and you need nothing else in you life lol. The supplement should cost less to manufacture as well.
    Last edited by JohnnyRingo; 04-23-2012 at 11:08 PM.

You know, I used to be a huge HMB skeptic, precisely for the reasons you outlined- high cost, large variability in the research, etc.

A few years ago I saw a shoddy meta-analysis of the stuff (shoddy because it made no real effort to categorize the various patient cohorts or attempt to draw any logical conclusions), and it piqued my interest. Did my own meta-analysis, and found a few interesting trends. Since I don't have the data here, I won't get into it at length, but long story short, the patients where it showed little impact were:

Untrained subjects with a marginal to low training stimulus
    Trained subjects with a marginal training stimulus
    Trained subjects with no change in training stimulus.

The patients where it DID show an impact was:

Untrained subjects with a moderate to high training stimulus
    Trained subjects with a change in training stimulus
    Sick patients

What all the latter have in common- higher recovery needs, potentially through higher cortisol levels, greater muscle damage, etc. Number of reasons/mechanisms I put down that could account for this, but the conclusion:

If you're a recreational lifter who starts taking the stuff and you continue doing the same routine you've done for years, you might not see much of a change... particularly if you're not engaged in any sort of weight manipulation.

If you're a more advanced lifter consistently engaged in a high intensity routine, if you're a newer lifter ramping up your volume or intensity, if you're an endurance athlete, or if you're cutting, this is where it seems to shine.

From personal experience, taking HMB on its own seemed to help prevent loss of upper body strength when I was marathon training.

Using Results this year, I'm managing to increase my upper body strength while Ironman training. Is it the only variable? Certainly not- better training is a factor, along with a smarter routine. But is it helping? I'd say absolutely.

My advice is to give it a shot. I do normally steer people away from supplements, but in a case like this, this compound has been around long enough and has some pretty compelling evidence to support it. It's reached that critical mass of total trial population that actually gives the findings some significance, which sets it head and shoulders above the vast majority of supps out there.

Agmatine, now THAT is a waste of money.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Quote Originally Posted by Alex.V View Post
    You know, I used to be a huge HMB skeptic, precisely for the reasons you outlined- high cost, large variability in the research, etc.

A few years ago I saw a shoddy meta-analysis of the stuff (shoddy because it made no real effort to categorize the various patient cohorts or attempt to draw any logical conclusions), and it piqued my interest. Did my own meta-analysis, and found a few interesting trends. Since I don't have the data here, I won't get into it at length, but long story short, the patients where it showed little impact were:

Untrained subjects with a marginal to low training stimulus
    Trained subjects with a marginal training stimulus
    Trained subjects with no change in training stimulus.

The patients where it DID show an impact was:

Untrained subjects with a moderate to high training stimulus
    Trained subjects with a change in training stimulus
    Sick patients

What all the latter have in common- higher recovery needs, potentially through higher cortisol levels, greater muscle damage, etc. Number of reasons/mechanisms I put down that could account for this, but the conclusion:

If you're a recreational lifter who starts taking the stuff and you continue doing the same routine you've done for years, you might not see much of a change... particularly if you're not engaged in any sort of weight manipulation.

If you're a more advanced lifter consistently engaged in a high intensity routine, if you're a newer lifter ramping up your volume or intensity, if you're an endurance athlete, or if you're cutting, this is where it seems to shine.

From personal experience, taking HMB on its own seemed to help prevent loss of upper body strength when I was marathon training.

Using Results this year, I'm managing to increase my upper body strength while Ironman training. Is it the only variable? Certainly not- better training is a factor, along with a smarter routine. But is it helping? I'd say absolutely.

My advice is to give it a shot. I do normally steer people away from supplements, but in a case like this, this compound has been around long enough and has some pretty compelling evidence to support it. It's reached that critical mass of total trial population that actually gives the findings some significance, which sets it head and shoulders above the vast majority of supps out there.

Agmatine, now THAT is a waste of money.
    Just out of curiosity, you say you are not a supplement believer. So have you ever tried effective doses of creatine and beta alanine other than while taking results? Also I haven't studied supplement research in a while but I remember agmatine having some of the best results i reviewed.
    Also a side note you took creatine while marathon training, man you must have drank 8 gallons of water a day.

Oh no, it's not the case of not being a "believer"... it's never a question of belief, it's a question of cost versus effectiveness, and quite frankly the majority of stuff out there being either worthless or (in some cases) harmful.

Creatine, always been a tremendous fan- one of the few supplements out there that's been in my rotation pretty much constantly for years. No reason not to take it- significant improvement in overall work capacity, noticeable in nearly aspect of my training.

Beta-alanine, noticed no difference at lower doses (1-2 grams per day) or at higher doses (3-5 grams) for the first few weeks... it took about three weeks before I started noticing anything.

At that point (when I tried it alone last year) I started noticing improvement in recovery in between bouts of steady-state anaerobic activity (chiefly during sprints and short distance intense climbs while cycling)- what was interesting is that even though heart rate and respiration rate returned to normal at a faster rate between bouts over a few months (indicating an improvement in overall fitness), my muscular recovery improved much faster (I could resume maximum power production very quickly).

This also seems to be the case this year- basically, even when I start to get that burning in my legs, there's a much longer lag before performance deteriorates. Is this due to the beta-alanine? Certainly seems to be in part attributable to it, and my findings track the clinical findings pretty closely.

The other interesting thing- speed sets (DE days), I am just as fast on the eighth set as on the first.

btw, never had any cramping issues with creatine.
    Last edited by Alex.V; 04-24-2012 at 11:32 AM.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu

The creatine and water thing is YET ANOTHER myth...

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRingo View Post
    Just out of curiosity, you say you are not a supplement believer. So have you ever tried effective doses of creatine and beta alanine other than while taking results? Also I haven't studied supplement research in a while but I remember agmatine having some of the best results i reviewed.
    Also a side note you took creatine while marathon training, man you must have drank 8 gallons of water a day.
    I have taken creatine and beta alanine before and had good results. But after switching to RESULTS I noticed a pretty big difference after a week or so. Try it for yourself and see. You will never look back. Also the water thing is a myth like Chris said.

First off I know how defensive of Results everyone here is, these are just real questions. I have looked at results several times when I went to purchase my next creatine product, and for the price it's hard to justify. Creatine and Beta Alanine have more testing than most everything to prove they REALLY work, and are very inexpensive.
    What do you mean by "really work"?

In other words, are you looking for muscular endurance(?), stamina(?), growth(?).

"Works" only makes sense in relation to what you are looking for out of the product.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex.V View Post
    Oh no, it's not the case of not being a "believer"... it's never a question of belief, it's a question of cost versus effectiveness, and quite frankly the majority of stuff out there being either worthless or (in some cases) harmful.

Creatine, always been a tremendous fan- one of the few supplements out there that's been in my rotation pretty much constantly for years. No reason not to take it- significant improvement in overall work capacity, noticeable in nearly aspect of my training.

Beta-alanine, noticed no difference at lower doses (1-2 grams per day) or at higher doses (3-5 grams) for the first few weeks... it took about three weeks before I started noticing anything.

At that point (when I tried it alone last year) I started noticing improvement in recovery in between bouts of steady-state anaerobic activity (chiefly during sprints and short distance intense climbs while cycling)- what was interesting is that even though heart rate and respiration rate returned to normal at a faster rate between bouts over a few months (indicating an improvement in overall fitness), my muscular recovery improved much faster (I could resume maximum power production very quickly).

This also seems to be the case this year- basically, even when I start to get that burning in my legs, there's a much longer lag before performance deteriorates. Is this due to the beta-alanine? Certainly seems to be in part attributable to it, and my findings track the clinical findings pretty closely.

The other interesting thing- speed sets (DE days), I am just as fast on the eighth set as on the first.

btw, never had any cramping issues with creatine.
    You have some of the most professional responses I've read. Did you ever take 4G of BA and 5G of creatine other than when taking results?

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    The creatine and water thing is YET ANOTHER myth...
    Tell that to my digestive system. If I don't drink 2 gallons of water a day on creatine my pooh is hard enough to make houses of. I stop taking creatine, I can drink a glass of water a day and be fine.

You have some of the most professional responses I've read. Did you ever take 4G of BA and 5G of creatine other than when taking results?
    From the sounds of it, you want to try a supplement of BA and creatine. You would be more than welcome to do that if you so choose. You may save some $ in the process, but your personal results from taking both supplements won't be 100% accurate in determining if a product like RESULTS is useful or not.

Each supplement company have their own "blends" for each product, so although you may be taking a few of the main ingredients, you may not get the quality or the ratio that the company researched and believes works best.

Beta-Alanine is a product that I supplemented with during a BBing prep at one point and found it extremely beneficial with increased volume and reps. The effects of this supplement were very noticeable.

An example would be when I did some higher rep sets, they became that way as the feeling of lactic-acid seemed to be blunted by BA. I was able to rebound from a set much quicker as well. So the things Alex mentioned were noticed myself.

The best method in determining if a product works is taking the actual product listed. If you were to take BA and Creatine don't forget to have the appropriate grams of carbohydrates as RESULTS incorporates a large # of carbs, that is if you want to utilize the ingredients RESULTS uses.

I have used RESULTS before and was happy with the use of it. At the time I didn't realize how useful the use of BA was, but I referrence that time and realize that is an important ingredient in the product.
    Last edited by Time+Patience; 04-25-2012 at 10:27 AM.
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

I'll add my personal experience with a similar product. I've been taking Beverly International's Muscle Synergy which is pretty close to the results. The daily dosage is:
    5g creatine
    3g HMB
    1.2g L-Glycine (from what I understand does the same thing as BA)

Then adds:
    7g L-Arginine
    200mg Niacin
    1.6g L-Citrulline
    800mg L-Ornithine

I doubt most off the additional stuff it adds does anything - other then maybe the arginine. But my experience in taking this product has been most noticeable when doing more intense cardio. Like Alex mentioned, I've noticed my heart rate and breathing returning to normal much quicker. Endurance wise I've been running further and longer then I ever have (I go through phases where I love to run and then stop it completely for a year or two). I've seen huge gains in weight training, but I think that can be attributed a more consistent effective routine then any supplement. I don't really notice anything different in how I feel during weight training, it's mostly during cardio.

Tell that to my digestive system. If I don't drink 2 gallons of water a day on creatine my pooh is hard enough to make houses of. I stop taking creatine, I can drink a glass of water a day and be fine.
    I haven't cycled off creatine in years, so when I DID take BA last year, it was in conjunction with creatine (with the noticeable effects I mentioned before).

Does the type of creatine matter, or do they all do that to you? Also, are you making sure it's entirely dissolved before drinking it? Sometimes that can help people who get GI issues with it... you may need to stir for ten minutes plus, but that can help avoid the initial stomach upset some folks get when they take it down and it's still visible in solution.

I think what people are mentioning regarding BA and endurance further backs the earlier point- repeat anaerobic performance is improved, and for athletes of any sort (even pure strength athletes, such as oly weightlifters or powerlifters who need that sort of endurance during sub-maximal workouts where they're focusing on form and speed), it's a big benefit. As I think I've mentioned elsewhere, I wish this stuff was readily available (and I'd given it a shot) back when I played rugby and did muay thai.

I'll go with placebo, or you simply have a very unusual physiology in that regard, or possibly the type of creatine you are using has some impurity which causes the constipation.