The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig New Member

New guy with questions on Crossfit training.

I have been lifting weights seriously for about 1 year, and have been hearing more and more about Crossfit workouts. Will crossfit build muscle while burning fat in the process? I also would like some workout regimen ideas for getting started. I basically want to burn the little bit of fat I have and still get stronger and keep gaining muscle. Thanks

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig New Member
    It is possible to build muscle while burning fat in the process during a CrossFit workout. Their are many CrossFit workouts that you can do that will test your "strong arm" meaning their is a substantial amount of weight you can use but also do reps with. If you are looking for regimen ideas you would really like these workouts on http://www.northrimcrossfit.com/workout-of-the-day. Don't worry, CrossFit will build muscle and burn off the litte bit of fat you looks to lose.

Whether you build muscle following a typical Crossfit scheme depends on what route you take within the crossfit world. There's several programs like conjugate crossfit, crossfit football, gslp, etc. look around online.

A Crossfit-only program will get you in shape and you can burn that fat if your diet is right but Crossfit is NOT bodybuilding. i love it and you CAN and WILL build muscle on those programs, but despite what some will tell you it isnt the best way to build muscle.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Crossfit has many interpretations, but if strength is a priority for you following main page CF won't be the fastest route. Most CF'ers with good strength either come from an athletic background before going to CF or incorporate a basic strength program.

CF is good for overall fitness and is flexible enough if you know how to program to adjust it to specific goals.

Wannabebig New Member

New guy with questions on Crossfit training

I just finished watching Akaneiro Iro ni Somaru Saka and I loved it. Though I really wish that the inverters would make another season in which yuuhi ends up marrying junichi. I would really love daisuke ;-. Whats it thoughts guys and gals on this topic

Quote Originally Posted by phillhz View Post
    I just finished watching Akaneiro Iro ni Somaru Saka and I loved it. Though I really wish that the inverters would make another season in which yuuhi ends up marrying junichi. I would really love daisuke ;-. Whats it thoughts guys and gals on this topic
    I think Lucy or Mariko should decapitate them all.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Wannabebig Member
    Depends... super strong people tend to lose a bit of strength... but in turn, they gain a ton of conditioning. People who are relatively new to lifting(1 year is) will gain both strength and lose fat. NOTE: You have to watch your diet as well.