Thread: I Need Opinions On Glute Ham Developer???

Wannabebig Member

I Need Opinions On Glute Ham Developer???

Guys, I need to get some feedback about buying a Glute Ham Developer. I ran across a REALLY good deal on craigslist! A guy is selling one made by York Barbell that is in excellent condition for only $300. http://www.muscledriverusa.com/York-...HD_p_1128.html I've heard only great things about the machine, but I'm wondering is it really essential? I'm trying to make room for it in my home gym now.

Why not do straight leg lifts, and save $300?
    Does this pose make my camera look big?

"We're not as good as we want to be, we're not as good as we should be, but thank God we're not as bad as we used to be..."

If I had $300 to spend i'd definitely grab it. Not essential but a very good piece of equipment to have.

$300 for that piece of equipment is a great deal. I would buy it if it were me. It's not "essential", but it is very, very nice to have.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    $300 for that piece of equipment is a great deal. I would buy it if it were me. It's not "essential", but it is very, very nice to have.
    That's what I'm thinking. $300 is for a GHR is an absolute STEAL! Ocassionally, I train some high school football players. So, this would defintely come in handy. I also have a 13 year old football player. He's probably not strong enough to do any now, but will have use for it later.
    Last edited by Texas Ranger; 04-28-2012 at 10:02 PM.

Its a great deal.
    My only concern, is some people don't like the roller pads. Have you had a chance to try one with roller pads?

Rob Schilke | GFX Designer thecityalive's Avatar
    I'd get it.
    My road to powerlifting:
    ===thecityalive is dead meat===
    Current RAW PRs:
    Bench: 255 (9/30/13)
    Dead: 515 (9/2/13)
    Squat: 435 (9/26/13)
    Total: 1205 lbs.
    twitter @thecityalive

Quote Originally Posted by thecityalive View Post
    I'd get it.
    ditto, i currently do my GHRs on a lat pulldown machine. I wish my gym would get one of these.
    H: 5'7" W:185
    Goals: 495 -315 -585

“Persistence Persistence.” - Calvin Coolidge.
    "I'm so pissed at how dumb this thread is that I think I'll go kick my cat. Again"-Belial
    "I mean, it's kind of like neutering your cat, hoping that'll stop your dog from humping your leg." - Belial
    Journal

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RFabsik View Post
    Its a great deal.
    My only concern, is some people don't like the roller pads. Have you had a chance to try one with roller pads?
    No sir, I haven't yet. I haven't used a GHR before. I currently have a 45 degree hyper made by www.newyorkbabrbells.com that I'm going to have to unload to make room for this.

Great training devices.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!