Thread: Require some diet input

Wannabebig New Member

Require some diet input

Hello all,

Below is my current "bulking" diet and I was looking for some input on it in terms of making it a little less bland and tasteless. It's plain and boring but so far it's working for putting on the pounds, but I'd like to make it so when I eat it everyday I'm not gagging as it feels like I'm eating mush.

~2.2lbs of lean ground beef
    4 cups of rice
    4 cups of broccoli
    4 cups of green beans
    4 cups of chopped carrots

Thanks for any comments or suggestions.
    Last edited by gunsryu; 05-27-2012 at 10:30 PM.

That's your diet? As in, that's all you eat?

Wannabebig New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tom183 View Post
    That's your diet? As in, that's all you eat?
    It is!
    What do I need more of? Everything?

how much weight have you gained on that little amount?
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

Banned
    You really need to do some reading on nutrition and, in your case, gaining weight.

Well it is about 4,000 calories...

You need to eat other things. Youre missing out on tons of vitamins and other nutrients.

Quote Originally Posted by Bako Lifter View Post
    Well it is about 4,000 calories...

You need to eat other things. Youre missing out on tons of vitamins and other nutrients.
    Depends on how lean the ground beef is. I figured it out to be about 2600 Calories with the cooked rice and beef with only 10% fat. It would also make a difference if the broccoli was actually "1 cup chopped broccoli" or "1 cup broccoli, chopped". Youll get entirely different Calories.

Thats why I was really curious if he was gaining off that amount.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

Quote Originally Posted by gunsryu View Post
    Hello all,

Below is my current "bulking" diet and I was looking for some input on it in terms of making it a little less bland and tasteless. It's plain and boring but so far it's working for putting on the pounds, but I'd like to make it so when I eat it everyday I'm not gagging as it feels like I'm eating mush.

~2.2lbs of lean ground beef
    4 cups of rice
    4 cups of broccoli
    4 cups of green beans
    4 cups of chopped carrots

Thanks for any comments or suggestions.
    The gagging comes with serious bulking, just part of the game. Get used to it. I find that watching TV or listening to TV shows or podcasts (Just Big is one of my favorite, and you would learn some things about lifting and eating) helps take the mind off of the food.

The beef and rice is a good start, but you'll need more. Add eggs, bacon, milk, some meal bars, whey protein, peanut butter. More variety and more food, and more milk, always more milk.
    Last edited by DontTakeEmOff31; 05-29-2012 at 10:27 AM.
    Best Gym Lifts:
    475 - 315 - 585

Best Meet Lifts (220 Raw)
    435 - 295 - 555 (1285)

Quote Originally Posted by DontTakeEmOff31 View Post
    The gagging comes with serious bulking, just part of the game. Get used to it. I find that watching TV or listening to TV shows or podcasts (Just Big is one of my favorite, and you would learn some things about lifting and eating) helps take the mind off of the food.
    Yea, thats what I've done too. If its your favorite show, you can just slam the food as fast as possible while you watch t.v. There are meals I would never have been able to put down had I not done this.

Wannabebig New Member
    Wow, you really need to expand your food selection man.