Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about fat loss through maintenance.

Every time someone decreases their body fat and hits a PR they think they're "recomping". I get told I'm getting huge when I diet and start to get leaner, but in reality there's not any real muscle gain going on and it's just a optical illusion of more muscle being seen.

I'm not saying it can't be achieved to an extent, because it certainly can. But the majority of the time when I hear of people who "recomped" I'm more apt to believe they just got leaner, appear bigger, and perhaps trained intelligently with any strength increases being neurological or technique.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    Every time someone decreases their body fat and hits a PR they think they're "recomping". I get told I'm getting huge when I diet and start to get leaner, but in reality there's not any real muscle gain going on and it's just a optical illusion of more muscle being seen.

I'm not saying it can't be achieved to an extent, because it certainly can. But the majority of the time when I hear of people who "recomped" I'm more apt to believe they just got leaner, appear bigger, and perhaps trained intelligently with any strength increases being neurological or technique.
    Yep. Thats pretty much what I said too. Its interesting how many people under estimate how much of an illusion bodybuilding is. Its also kind of like when people first start lifting and get stronger through neurological efficiency while gaining 30 lbs in 5 weeks and assume their strength gains mean they gained almost all muscle.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial