The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Pro Strongman | Moderator Tom Mutaffis's Avatar

CrossFit Games Qualifiers

I believe that there was one this weekend... anyone aware of the results?
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 235 lbs | Front Squat: 510 lbs | Overhead: 375 lbs | Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

My gym and good friends took 2nd place (Mid Atlantic) in the team event. Qualified for Cali. Two of them hit PR Snatches during the Snatch Ladder (185lbs snatch on the female ladder and 275lbs snatch on the male ladder).
    Last edited by Chubrock; 05-06-2012 at 08:35 PM.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Banned
    It my first time observation that there is cross fit games opportunities are availed by the common people yet my question arises how can we take such type the chances for the cross fit games mere to make the body slim and smart need more detail for this game.

I really enjoyed watching regionals online. Some incredible performances there.

Tom, the results are all on the Crossfit games site.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Pro Strongman | Moderator Tom Mutaffis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrelwooddowd View Post
    I really enjoyed watching regionals online. Some incredible performances there.
    Are any of the other upcoming events going to be live streamed online? Maybe you can post a link in this section if they are.
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 235 lbs | Front Squat: 510 lbs | Overhead: 375 lbs | Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

I'm not sure. I "think" they've streamed all of the regionals, but I could be wrong. The region I watched Sunday has 2 previous games winners and a couple of the top contenders, so it would have garnered much more interest than some other regions.

From what I understand, the main games will be televised live on ESPN this summer. That's really gonna help the sport. Membership has increased dramatically since they started airing last year's games periodically, but I think Crossfit as a whole is gonna blow up after this summer, and probably to an extent where I get irritated with people the same way I always did at traditional gyms. Maybe not, though. The price of membership weeds out a lot of douchebags.

5/3/1 Journal

Quote Originally Posted by mrelwooddowd View Post
    The price of membership weeds out a lot of douchebags.
    In my experience, it's the exact opposite. As in, have you ever talked to a cyclist?

I gotta agree, though... still exponential growth. Pretty insane- it's gone past viral to mainstream.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex.V View Post
    In my experience, it's the exact opposite. As in, have you ever talked to a cyclist?

I gotta agree, though... still exponential growth. Pretty insane- it's gone past viral to mainstream.
    Meh, I'd say crossfit as a buzzword is mainstream... most people still don't really know what the fuck it is beyond some amorphous concept.

Alex..are there a lot of cyclist douchebags? LOL

I know what you mean. I would probably lump crossfit "zealots" in with the douchebag crowd when it comes to crossfit. I guess a lot of them have money to spend..lol

I think it's more than a buzzword, or at least will be after the summer. My gym has explaoded recently. We've picked up 50 members in 2 months, which has fully doubled the active member base. They're scrambling to open up more space next door, and adding new equipment every week. It's really nice to see it taking off because the owners have been sorta just breaking even for a couple years. With Reebok pimping it in their own commercials, and with a fully open competition that results in a half million in prize money, it's really gonna pick up as a sport as opposed to just what some consider to be "working out". Whether it was intended to be a sport or not, it definitely is now. Personally, I just consider myself to be a crosfit hobbyist.

I think in the future we'll see more competitions mid-year that also result in prize money, along with many more sponsored, professional athletes. The "team" events might even take on an identity of their own.

5/3/1 Journal

Banned
    hmmmm... interesting stuff bako... I guess my point was really more that the public at large still doesn't "get" crossfit, hence my saying its just a buzzword... I even have a buddy who followed the crossfit/sealfit workouts of the guys he was overseas with and the few times I spoke with him about crossfit or anything fitness related I got the distinct impression he had no clue what he was talking about. I think crossfit will probably grow, especially with stuff like the rebok ads - I guess I just don't buy off on the "mainstream" label.