The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Is this a pinched nerve?

About a week ago I woke up one morning with a stiff left neck. During that day the pain crept over into my upper right back and right shoulder. So much so that I couldn't raise my arm. It's slowly gotten better but raising my arm above my shoulder still causes some pain. Obviously I haven't been lifting during this time.
    It sounds like a pinched nerve to me - anyone else?
    I presume it will go away with rest. Am I correct?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

To me it sounds muscular, in fact it sounds like what I get frequently. Do you feel any muscle spasms? Do you feel pain turning your head to the right? Does a hot shower help? I'm pretty sure mine is from my terrible posture while sitting at my computer 8 hrs a day. You might need a new pillow. I find that mine goes away with activity not rest but that's me. My doctor refuses to do anything for it which is fine since he would probably perscribe muscle relaxers and I don't want any part of that. Anyway mine will last 2-3 days and pretty much go away. Since I've been bbing, about a year now it's been a lot better - fewer occurences and shorter bouts. If it won't go away you might want to try a chiropractor. Good luck.
    sometimes slowly

My stats:
    Age - 43
    ht - 5' - 7"
    wt - 152 lbs
    bf% - 10.5%
    pipe dream goal 175 lbs @ 10% bf
    making the switch to power lifting

Banned
    Go see a chiropractor, frag...