The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by kimberlymitchel View Post
    I can definitely help. Forget weight loss products/supplements. What you need is a clean diet, a good workout routine and hard work and dedication. That's what it's going to take.

You need to start eating more lean protein like chicken and fish along with lots of green veggies. This should be the main staple in your diet. Stay away from junk and processed food. Drink plenty of water and no soda or fruit juice.

If you want more free healthy advice, please check out my youtube channel below. I have healthy recipes, workouts and diet tips, all free advice! link below.

No one has mentioned any weight loss supplements mate. I've been trying to eat a clean diet and work hard at the gym. I do treat occasionally, I'd be miserable and in a state of anger/panic if I never let myself treat. so I limit it to once or twice a week.

fat submariner
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dan View Post
    How's the weight loss going Dan? Have you seen much change since your last update? Stick at it big fella, good stuff!
    Age: 41 - Height: 5'10" - Weight: 192lb (NOT LEAN! (but maybe finally getting a little bit leaner?))

Squat: 180kg (396lb) x 2
    Front Squat: 100kg (220lb) 5 x 5
    Zercher Squat: 140kg (308lbs) x 1
    Bench Press: 110kg (242lb) x 1
    Deadlift: 220kg (484lb) x 1
    SLDL: 170kg (374lb) x 1

Mac's Journal

Not much to be honest mate, but refocused on it now (joined a boxing club)

Had a few things going on, broke up with my long term (6 years) girlfriend, had to change jobs e.t.c. so I barely made it into the gym for about 2 months! But my eating habits are a million times better than what they were so i'm still gradually slimming off.

Quote Originally Posted by stanloius View Post
    These article which you can share over here is really very fantastic there are several weight loss products and supplements are available that can be workouts the diet tips.
    What?!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dan View Post
    What?!
    That's probably a SPAM bot. Pay it no mind.

Keep up the good work.
    Move heavy weight, eat, sleep, repeat.
    Geniuses make complicated scenarios simple, morons take simple concepts and complicate them.

Banned
    You trying get more exercise in all days.
    Last edited by abbey sha; 08-23-2012 at 05:16 AM.

fat submariner
    where you at Big Dan? how's the training been going mate?
    Age: 41 - Height: 5'10" - Weight: 192lb (NOT LEAN! (but maybe finally getting a little bit leaner?))

Mac's Journal

Quote Originally Posted by kimberlymitchel View Post
    I can definitely help. Forget weight loss products/supplements. What you need is a clean diet, a good workout routine and hard work and dedication. That's what it's going to take.

You need to start eating more lean protein like chicken and fish along with lots of green veggies. This should be the main staple in your diet. Stay away from junk and processed food. Drink plenty of water and no soda or fruit juice.

If you want more free healthy advice, please check out my youtube channel below. I have healthy recipes, workouts and diet tips, all free advice! link below.

I couldn't of said it better myself. This x2!

Half the battle is really cutting out the chemicals that your body is addicted to that makes you crave artifical sugars,sweets,and bad fats. Once you get that mental edge, and that dedication to really push through those cravings and replace bad meals with good,lean,clean,and colorful meals you will be just fine. Look at food as a vital source of fuel for your body that is adapting to serious change under intense/stressful/beastly workouts instead of using food as a source to satisfy needs and store for a rainy day. If your really serious? Than nothing or no one can stop your progress but you. Good luck.

Uh, everything you eat is a chemical.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Quote Originally Posted by Alex.V View Post
    Uh, everything you eat is a chemical.
    Tsk tsk! You know what he is trying to say you intellectual snob .

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Wow! Just revisited this old thread, sorry I didn't reply to you chaps.

Well, i didn't keep it up. Got heavier in fact, at my heaviest I weighed in at just under 25 stone. Quite a low point for me. Clearly just not ready at the time! The 1st attempt definately helped though, cos that was the hardest part. I started for real Jan 2nd. Stayed very strict - not done that much excersize in all honesty because my gym membership ran out, I get free access to the work gym in all fairness, but it closes earlier than I'd like it to. Bought some weights for home use, and got a pull up par set up in the garage, working up to 1st pull up soon.

Anyway, diet wise... from the 2nd Jan until now... i've lost... 3 STONE! Which I'm pretty happy with.

Marking my progress correctly now, my diet is now VERY simple because I'm not craving the McDonalds and pizza all the time now. Infact I had McDonalds yesterday as a treat and it made me feel seriously ill. Actually thought I might throw up, so I went outside, lent over - and there you go. GRIM. Obviously my body has spent 2 months without McDonalds or hardly any fat at all really so it didn't react well.

Anyway, my diet has mainly consisted of the following, at varying times;
    Bran flakes with sultanas and semi-skimmed milk
    Scrambled egg (on its own, bit of ketchup - no salt or anything, just egg and milk)
    Baked beans (yep, on their own - 380kcals, practically no fat or salt, just protein and fibre)
    Tinned soup (Heinz Cream of Tomato - 200kcals per tin)
    And as snacks low-cal crisps such as Quavers (80kcals) or Walker's Sunbites (120kcals)

Goals are;
    Lose 6 stone in 6 months
    Do a full pullup/chin up
    Be able to jog/run from my house to the local Asda/Walmart without stopping - 1.2-1.5 miles depending on route

Not really focusing on any kind of muscle gains, wanting to drop the weight ASAP to make excersize easier - I'd love to be able to get fit with bodyweight excersizes and running, then focus on getting big in the future when I can set aside more money each month for chicken breast, lol.

Thanks everyone for your continued support, I really appreciate it.
    Last edited by Big Dan; 03-03-2013 at 04:10 PM.

fat submariner
    good to see you back Dan. great work with the weight loss since January.

Mac's Journal