Thread: PowerliftingUSA - Final Issue May 2012

PowerliftingUSA - Final Issue May 2012

I read somewhere that the final issue of the magazine will be next month. Sad day for Powerlifting...
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 218 lbs | Gym PR's -> Front Squat: 510 lbs / Overhead: 375 lbs / Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

Yeah read that too.

Such a great publication. Great blend of photos, articles, and meet results.

Always looked forward to getting it.

Great job by Mike Lambert and all that contributed.
    Without progression, I am nothing.

That's really too bad. So basically, from now on, there will be zero established, serious magazines out there for lifters in magazine racks. People will have to subscribe to MILO, or be happy w. Men's Health, Muscle & Fitness, and Flex. Sad, but I hope Mike Lambert has done all right and moves on to something better.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

That's a bummer. I really wish powerlifting (and strongman) got some more spotlight.

Makes me wonder how different powerlifting would be is there was one big federation responsible for the sport.
    Best Gym Lifts:
    475 - 315 - 585

Best Meet Lifts (220 Raw)
    435 - 295 - 555 (1285)

It's the thing that got me started powerlifting. I however, did not subscribe for years. I was shocked by who they would do features on sometimes and surprised at some of the great lifters who were overlooked.
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 04-28-2012 at 10:06 AM.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

Vincent, I think the features and who they were on were more a function of what got submitted to Mike than anything. As you may know I wrote some articles for them.

I am sad to see it going away. A little surprised because the amount of advertising has increased quite a bit in the last few years.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Mark Bell's Power magazine is still around but it doesn't really interest me.
    Murderous's Progress To A 1000lb Raw Total

Health and Fitness Articles

"The task ahead of you is never as great as the power behind you" - Ephesians 6:10

That sucks, I had a subscription with them for years. After my last subscription ran out I started buying them from a book store in town.
    Last edited by muscle_g; 04-28-2012 at 12:33 PM.
    Train Hardcore

Best Lifts(SQ/BP/DL)
    625/450/500 multi-ply
    520/405/500 single-ply
    405/315/475 raw

Training log
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/thr...72#post2635572

illinois fattest lifter theBarzeen's Avatar
    I feel like a lot of the content was out of touch with what was going on in the sport, and I can't stand reading Dr. Judd or any of the stupid poll questions with earth shattering opinions on things like " is the monolft bad or the sport"

But it was our little sport's magazine and I still bought it. Shame to see it close up shop.
    Meet PR's: 1008-750-750 - 2464

Gym PR's... don't count ... time to do another meet!

Banned

PowerliftingUSA - Final Issue May 2012

In USA power lifting program for the current year have found its target.This program has given the marvelous awareness for power lifting among the community so need this thing to educate the public to participate such program for fitness point of view.