The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Hello

Wannabebig New Member

Hello

New to forum. Just getting my first post in. I'm already on track with a program at the Y. Eventually, I think I will create my own program but for now it's alright. It's a little kiosk machine that tells me what to do that day.

I've been doing it for 2 months roughly. But I understand why they say "leave your ego at the door." The kiosk tries to start you off with some baby weights but when you make sure to do perfect form in the correct number of reps, you realize 10-20 #s isn't as easy as one might think for certain exercises like shoulders.

Also, I've learned why people hate machines. I was suggested to build up using dumbbells, and after I learned the correct ROM, I haven't wanted to go back. I had to use the machines yesterday since the weight room was just too full, and they were not the same as it use to be when I started using machines. I felt it was an awkward motion.

I'd like make some friends up on here. I'm male 27 and Oklahoma. I've lost 50 lbs, still have 30 before I break into the 1's.

I do have one question to those that are reading. Did you go through a personal trainer or study on your own for range of motion of different exercises? No matter how long I study I always get paranoid about doing it wrong and just stop. That is true with triceps because my elbows get sore or leg press and knees.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Welcome, you should start a journal in the Member's Journal Section.

Best of luck with your goals.
    Last edited by Cards; 05-22-2012 at 03:51 PM.
    H: 5'7" W:185
    Goals: 495 -315 -585

“Persistence Persistence.” - Calvin Coolidge.
    "I'm so pissed at how dumb this thread is that I think I'll go kick my cat. Again"-Belial
    "I mean, it's kind of like neutering your cat, hoping that'll stop your dog from humping your leg." - Belial
    Journal

Wannabebig New Member
    Welcome along and best of luck with your goals.