Thread: BCAA+ when to take?

BCAA+ when to take?

Is timing important with it? When should I take it? Thanks.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by D-RAS03 View Post
    Is timing important with it? When should I take it? Thanks.
    Depends, what are you using it for?

If you are looking for something to help increase performance/recovery and prevent muscle breakdown during long training sessions then I would take it intra-workout. If you are looking for something to help you to maintain muscle mass while on a restricted diet then I would take the BCAA's between meals.
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 225 lbs | Gym PR's -> Front Squat: 510 lbs / Overhead: 375 lbs / Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Mutaffis View Post
    Depends, what are you using it for?

If you are looking for something to help increase performance/recovery and prevent muscle breakdown during long training sessions then I would take it intra-workout. If you are looking for something to help you to maintain muscle mass while on a restricted diet then I would take the BCAA's between meals.
    I'm cutting right now. So I would take it between every meal? Or just once a day? Thanks

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by D-RAS03 View Post
    I'm cutting right now. So I would take it between every meal? Or just once a day? Thanks
    You should be fine between meals given ordinary circumstances. If you're not then your nutrition probably sucks and it should be addressed prior to supplementation.

For the BCAA think times that are not "ordinary" -- like an excessively long time lapse between meals or heavily increased activity (like training).
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

This:

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    You should be fine between meals given ordinary circumstances. If you're not then your nutrition probably sucks and it should be addressed prior to supplementation.

For the BCAA think times that are not "ordinary" -- like an excessively long time lapse between meals or heavily increased activity (like training).
    With regard to dosing I would say that 2-3 scoops intra-workout would be the ideal dose based on what I have seen in studies. If your training sessions are not overly long in duration or overly intense then 1-2 scoops could be sufficient.
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 225 lbs | Gym PR's -> Front Squat: 510 lbs / Overhead: 375 lbs / Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Mutaffis View Post
    This:

With regard to dosing I would say that 2-3 scoops intra-workout would be the ideal dose based on what I have seen in studies. If your training sessions are not overly long in duration or overly intense then 1-2 scoops could be sufficient.
    My workouts are from HCT-12 the A-B-A-B but I workout every other day and it's very intense. I will try two scoops when I lift next. So how much of BCAA+ I take in a day won't bother me? Like two scoops workout out days and maybe three non workout days? My diet is ~ok. Needs work though.

I think that is perfect.
    ADRIAN LARSEN
    #2 ranked All time 220lbs raw bench 585lbs
    www.fuelthedesire.com THE ALPHA PROJECT
    ELITE TRAINING EXTREME PERFORMANCE YOUTUBE VIDS
    AT LARGE NUTRITION
    ALN Supp Stack used - Nitrean Plus, BCAA, Multi Plus, Fish Oil, ETS
    Anderson Powerlifting
    Sling shot
    YOU CAN HAVE EXCUSES OR RESULTS, NOT BOTH