Thread: Prilepin's chart/table

Wannabebig Member

Prilepin's chart/table

Hello everyone. Has anyone used the Prilepin's chart and how many weeks did you run it before going for a new max?

HI RIPE1, TALK TO TONE BARBACCIO HE HAS READ ABOUT IT. HE WRITES MY TRAINING PROGRAMS BASED OFF PRILEPIN'C CHART. I HAVE USED IT OVER THE PAST YEAR. USUALLY A 12-16 WEEK PROGRAM AND WE NORMALLY MAX ABOUT 8 WEEKS IN.
    JERSEY IRON MEMBER
    BENCH ONLY

BEST BENCHES PRE INJURY(JUNE 12)
    780@242 MP
    820@275 MP

BEST BENCHES POST INJURY
    705@275 SP

Well, a couple of points, the chart is reflects number of reps to do a at a given intensity level. It isn't a training template per se.

Next, the chart was developed based upon Olympic lifters. It is not 100% applicable to powerlifters at the higher end of the chart although it is pretty close.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

yes, i was wondering about using it as well, but i think us powerlifters have to stick towardsw the min reps if im correct?

Quote Originally Posted by t gale View Post
    HI RIPE1, TALK TO TONE BARBACCIO HE HAS READ ABOUT IT. HE WRITES MY TRAINING PROGRAMS BASED OFF PRILEPIN'C CHART. I HAVE USED IT OVER THE PAST YEAR. USUALLY A 12-16 WEEK PROGRAM AND WE NORMALLY MAX ABOUT 8 WEEKS IN.
    Same here, i've been working with Tone since the beginning of the year and have seen some great progress. I just hit 10lb PR's on all 3 lifts with just 8 weeks of training. I'm not saying you'll see the same results, what I am saying is that the chart works.
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

Sponsored By:

10/20/Life
    Vanilla Gorilla

Banned
    Prilipen's Chart works well for powerlifting. You have to get yourself conditioned to handle the high volume of work, though. I work on the top end of the rep ranges and I'm making great progress. It took me about 6 weeks to get in shape before i really started feeling good.

The trick is figuring out how many exercises to do following the chart. We use a variation of traditional Block mixed with RTS. Figure out how many exercises per week you want to Block (prilipen's Chart) and then fill in the blanks.

Wannabebig Member
    Thanks everyone. I got in touch with Tone Barbaccio and he gave me some good advice. And yes, it looks like I'm going to gas out for a few weeks unless I take 10 minute breaks between sets. Sounds like a great way to spend the summer

Quote Originally Posted by Ripe1 View Post
    Thanks everyone. I got in touch with Tone Barbaccio and he gave me some good advice. And yes, it looks like I'm going to gas out for a few weeks unless I take 10 minute breaks between sets. Sounds like a great way to spend the summer
    It's really not that bad. I usually take 2 minute rest periods between my warm-up sets and about 3 minutes between my working sets. On my last set I usually take a little longer because I usually try for some extra reps, so my resting time is about 5 minutes.
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

Sponsored By:

10/20/Life