The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Cholesterol and dieting

I recently just started using online macro counters to manage my diet and I always seem to go over Cholesterol my at least 150-250 mg each time. In terms of weight training, do you think this is something to be worried about. My diet calls for 420mg of cholesterol a day. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by NYYLonghorn; 06-12-2012 at 04:41 AM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

It seems that they are finding that cholesterol consumed in the diet has little to do with total cholesterol. Also, the more important risk factor is the total number of LDL particles in the blood (LDL-P). Traditionally they measure the cholesterol content of LDL (LDL-C), the so called "bad cholesterol". Check out the series on cholesterol below:

http://eatingacademy.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ehubbard View Post
    It seems that they are finding that cholesterol consumed in the diet has little to do with total cholesterol. Also, the more important risk factor is the total number of LDL particles in the blood (LDL-P). Traditionally they measure the cholesterol content of LDL (LDL-C), the so called "bad cholesterol". Check out the series on cholesterol below:

http://eatingacademy.com/
    This is absolutely right- dietary cholesterol is hardly worth worrying about. As far as importance goes towards determining blood cholesterol, it's a distant third behind genetics and dietary fat intake.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Banned
    Much dietary cholesterol is actually believed to be beneficial in terms of overall health... matter of fact I think I'm gonna go eat some eggs right now!
    BTW... you might see contrary information to what is being said here... but every piece of modern, credible science supports what has been said here and dismantles old-school theories of dietary cholesterol... and fat for that matter... I've heard it said before but I'll repeat it: nutrition science now is about where medical science was around the era when things like germ theory were being developed - i.e. its still very primitive and we are just now starting to get it...

Quote Originally Posted by Davidryan View Post
    Well I do agree with you people on this matter but one thing i would have to discuss whether dietary cholesterol might increase or decrease weight. Due to this, i would want your valuable ideas about this .
    Im sure you could come up with a study of high cholesterol low calorie diets that would correlate with weight loss, and low cholesterol high calorie diets that correlate with weight gain. Just as well you would probably find a correlation with high cholesterol diets and weight gain and low cholesterol diets and weight loss. The answer is in all the variables not just one. In other words, cholesterol is not the determining factor.

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidryan View Post
    Well I do agree with you people on this matter but one thing i would have to discuss whether dietary cholesterol might increase or decrease weight. Due to this, i would want your valuable ideas about this .
    I can't imagine a high or low cholesterol diet effecting weight loss or weight gain.

It's just an anti-oxidant.

The Fitness Industry is a 1 billion dollar industry.
    --Dairy Queens Blizzard pulls in 3/4 of a billion.
    --------------We are the elite.------------