The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chicken

Wannabebig Member

Chicken

Hey

I need some help, I am having chicken every day and recently I have been having it just dry with rice its pretty boring and has no taste

What suggestions do people have?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Why do people seem to think that "Chicken" in your diet means plain chicken?

Do you know how to cook at all?
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Quote Originally Posted by zenicman View Post
    Hey

I need some help, I am having chicken every day and recently I have been having it just dry with rice its pretty boring and has no taste

Mix them together and add some peppers and fajita mix. Get some shells and your done.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by zenicman View Post
    Hey

You can find some pretty low cal terriyaki sauces. I forget which brand I use (kikkoman maybe?) but it's 10cal per tbsp. Doesn't take a whole lot to make it taste good.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Wannabebig Member
    little bit of hot sauce is my go to

If you're worried about calories you're options are limited......

BUT if increasing your caloric load is not a concern, or can be offset with more cardio, there is something to be said for Pace Chunky Salsa. ~ Furthermore, grilling the chicken while using an olive oil & sea salt rub should not be discounted; a taste for which I never tire....

Does this pose make my camera look big?

"We're not as good as we want to be, we're not as good as we should be, but thank God we're not as bad as we used to be..."

If you have a grill, get a breast and throw it on. Marinate it with Italian dressing and some jalapeno/spicy powder seasoning. Marinate at least 3-4 times while on the grill.
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    PR's - Squat 350 | Bench 290 | Deadlift 400.4 | BW 203
    P Clean 98 KG | Jerk 106 | Full Clean 106 |
    Philippians 4:13 - "I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me."
    "I'm really impressed with your dedication. I will call it your jedication." - killxswitch
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

I love lemon pepper on chicken..sooo good. You can enhance your rice by making it with chicken stock. If your chicken tastes too dry, you're overcooking it. If theres no taste, something simple like salt goes a long way. One of my favorites is freshly cracked pepper...none of that table stuff. Its like a coffee bean..once its cracked, you just lose so much goodness.
    Last edited by RichMcGuire; 07-03-2012 at 04:16 PM.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

Wannabebig Member
    Costco sells boneless skinless chicken thighs that are pretty good on the grill with a little garlic salt and pepper. If you only want breasts, look into lo-cal rubs and marinades. I like fat free italian dressing on my chicken brests, marinated over night and then grilled. If calories are not being strictly restricted, breasts breaded with italian style bread crumbs and then baked is a good way to go. I also like grilled breast meat with diced celery and onions dressed with fat free dijonaise on a lo-carb wrap.

LuNa
    Im in the mood for some chicken.

or just get over it and eat it... think of it as a fuel and not food lol
    5'6
    191.5lbs 8% BF
    25 yrs old
    prepping for my first show!

Go to Walmart, walk to the Spanish food section, now look. You are looking for a small orange box, it is called Sazon Goya. Buy this box, add it to everything you want to taste good, it says so on the box. It will turn your chicken orange and delicous.

Wannabebig Member
    garlic salt and pepper works on pretty well everything. certain kinds or bbq sauce are super low in calories. I second whoever brought up the fajita mix idea. add that and sweat some peppers and onions, and its on.

Try to add some spices and hot sauce. I do it that way and it comes out great.

Wannabebig Member
    Make it into a stir-fry with some broccoli, EVCO, and whatever else you'd like (e.g. lime, garlic, cayenne, fish sauce).

is there an alternative to olive oil or canola oil that doesnt have so much fat?

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yayeti View Post
    is there an alternative to olive oil or canola oil that doesnt have so much fat?
    If you're talking about using oil to cook with, you could use Pam cooking spray. If you are using the oil for flavor or dressing, you could use lemon juice or your favorite flavor of vinager.
    Goal Weight-225lbs.
    Lifting Goals:Squat-405x6,Dead-405x6,Bench-350x6

Banned
    chicken + chipotles in adobo = yum

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex.V View Post
    Why do people seem to think that "Chicken" in your diet means plain chicken?

Do you know how to cook at all?
    Dude, why do you think the restaurant industry is so large? nobody cooks... and if they do, they suck at it.
    Last edited by NITF; 07-16-2012 at 06:04 AM.

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by NITF View Post
    Dude, why do you think the restaurant industry is so large? nobody cooks... and if they do, they suck at it.
    Ehm no. I make some pretty damn good stuff.

Wannabebig Member
    Last edited by spinchien; 10-03-2012 at 11:18 AM.

Wannabebig New Member nancyfelon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LuNa View Post
    Ehm no. I make some pretty damn good stuff.
    For best recipe require best kitchen and for best kitchen require :

I thought chicken was one of the best meets along with fish to keep bad cholesterol down? Sure your not thinking of red meat and fried chicken?

[QUOTE=John222;2572843]Chicken is good but its not fine to eat it everyday. Daily eating of chicken can make your stomach hot and acidic and you will feel uncomfortable. So eat chicken but be in a limit. Eating chicken 2-3 times in a week is fine but too much is bad and it may cause high blood pressure problem.[/QUOT

This is not true unless you may be allergic to it. If this was true every bodybuilder or fitness enthusiast would be in bad shape. Now you do need to eat other things besides chicken, like lean cuts red meat, turkey, eggs, etc... That way you get a wider variety of amino acids and keep digestive enzymes stronger.

John222 is right in that most of us would not want to eat chicken everyday. That's pretty boring. Disregard everything else in his statement.

I would go back to what Alex alluded to earlier. Learn to cook and use the whole chicken. That will open up a lot of variety.
    Move heavy weight, eat, sleep, repeat.
    Geniuses make complicated scenarios simple, morons take simple concepts and complicate them.