The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my arms

Wannabebig Member

my arms

ok i'm 5'7 200lbs and my arms flexed are 16.5 inches would you consider me big.

i dont know my body fat percentage but im realy not that fat but have fat on me. also keep in mind been lifting for only 9 months. my arms are more muscle than fat there not cut.
    also my arms have strech marks on them from lifting. i got thosse after a couple of monthsof lifting.

am i some what big

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

only 300+ is big
    H: 5'7" W:185
    Goals: 495 -315 -585

“Persistence Persistence.” - Calvin Coolidge.
    "I'm so pissed at how dumb this thread is that I think I'll go kick my cat. Again"-Belial
    "I mean, it's kind of like neutering your cat, hoping that'll stop your dog from humping your leg." - Belial
    Journal

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cards View Post
    only 300+ is big
    300 pounds or inches

Quote Originally Posted by darklifter898 View Post
    300 pounds or inches
    lol...300 inch arms would be more than big!!!
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Wannabebig Member
    yeah i wasnt sure if he was trying to be a dick so i asked frst but i dont think you have to be 300 lbs to be big my brother was only 180lbs and biggest guy i knew so what do you guys think from my op.

Humor aside...It's tough to make that call because of bodyfat.
    If you were lean(ish), 200 lbs and a 16" arm would be impressive.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

LuNa
    Post pics.

16.5 and lean = big
    16.5 and soft = everyone who lifts weights consistently has that.

Wannabebig Member
    ok um how can i explain it. Ok before i started lifting my arms were 13 inches now there 16.5 and thats only from 9 months of it. If i look at my stomach area and everything i defentilly dont realy look fat but still have fat on me if you understand what i mean by that. I saw my freind whos fat and around the same size as me and he was able to pull his skin up onj his bicep and the fat and i wasnt able to.

Do you think for my time lifting this is pretty good because i fell im pretty big. Also one of the biggest guys in my grade{10th grade}.

yeah i wasnt sure if he was trying to be a dick so i asked frst but i dont think you have to be 300 lbs to be big my brother was only 180lbs and biggest guy i knew so what do you guys think from my op.
    I was being a little bit of a dick, I mean...do you really need us to tell you how big you are? 5'7, 200 lbs, that's pretty big.

"I'm so pissed at how dumb this thread is that I think I'll go kick my cat. Again"-Belial
    "I mean, it's kind of like neutering your cat, hoping that'll stop your dog from humping your leg." - Belial
    Journal

Wannabebig Member
    i guess i dont but hey never hurts know what others think of you.

I've seen a bump in the 'do you think I'm big' posts lately.

Truthfully, big arms don't make you big. Big comes from leg, back, and shoulder size. Teens might be impressed with abs and biceps, but most grownups want to see a big frame before they notice your size.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

ok um how can i explain it. Ok before i started lifting my arms were 13 inches now there 16.5 and thats only from 9 months of it. If i look at my stomach area and everything i defentilly dont realy look fat but still have fat on me if you understand what i mean by that. I saw my freind whos fat and around the same size as me and he was able to pull his skin up onj his bicep and the fat and i wasnt able to.

Do you think for my time lifting this is pretty good because i fell im pretty big. Also one of the biggest guys in my grade{10th grade}.
    I can guarantee you that you did not gain 3 1/2 inches on your arms in only 9 months...unless you measured again after you pumped...or you gained a lot of fat, adding inchs to your arms.. so its kinda hard to tell. I think you should post pics.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

Wannabebig Member
    just measured them a secdond ago around 16.5 inches. Almost a year ago i measured them in septmber beginning of it just around 13 inches and i didnt put any more fat on ive actualy lost some fat. well i did start lifting in september of last year but only got a week or two of lifting out of it because i got sick.

Wannabebig Member
    sorry for the double post but maybe they were almost 14 in ches or so but i rember they were both stil in the 13 inches sector still

just measured them a secdond ago around 16.5 inches. Almost a year ago i measured them in septmber beginning of it just around 13 inches and i didnt put any more fat on ive actualy lost some fat. well i did start lifting in september of last year but only got a week or two of lifting out of it because i got sick.
    So you lost fat and gained 3 1/2 inches on your arms since September? Either you defied biology or you were on some pretty expensive steroids. To gain that much naturally, you'd have to put some fat on when you gained some muscle/inches on your arms and have trained for a long time.

Either way, post the pics and we can answer better.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMcGuire View Post
    So you lost fat and gained 3 1/2 inches on your arms since September? Either you defied biology or you were on some pretty expensive steroids. To gain that much naturally, you'd have to put some fat on when you gained some muscle/inches on your arms and have trained for a long time.

Either way, post the pics and we can answer better.
    ok maybe they were 14 inches when i started or a little bigger. Cant you in the first couple of months gain an inch because of just starting off but im pretty sure i didnt gain a lot fat. Then another inch or so in the restr of time.

edit: opps measured wrong just did it three times in a row and got 16 inches
    Last edited by darklifter898; 06-26-2012 at 11:24 AM.

pics or it didn't happen.

Journal

Wannabebig Member
    um ill try to get pics up
    not working cant make it work
    sorry i’m finding trouble with this i have to first open an acoount on a phtot sharing website then do this i’ll try and get it up tere tomorrow.

also i think when i statred they were 14 inches so maybe i dont know maybe there only 15.8 or someting like that maybe im still measuring wrong but there defenitly around 16 inches i’m not lying then again so many peopl lie on the web its not funny.
    Last edited by darklifter898; 06-26-2012 at 04:15 PM.

Your asking people on the Internet if your big? What have people around you said? Your friends? I get a lot of complements from friends and people I see. That's what will help you more. Not us.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D-RAS03 View Post
    Your asking people on the Internet if your big? What have people around you said? Your friends? I get a lot of complements from friends and people I see. That's what will help you more. Not us.

yeab they tell me im big and that makes sense.

yeab they tell me im big and that makes sense.
    That's all you need brother. Great confidence boost aye?

LuNa
    So we have gone from gaining 3.5 inches (13 vs 16.5) to gaining 1.8 inches (14 vs 15.8).

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by Cards View Post
    pics or it didn't happen.

Wannabebig Member
    so your saying beacuse a tree fell half-way around the world and you didnt see it didnt happen. i'm defentily just lying about all the things i said i lied abot my bench on a differnt thread i can only get 95.[sarcasm] my arms are 16 inches flexed im not lying. even if i was why would you continue to post. doesnt that fuel the flame.