The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Time to try a clean bulk

Got cut enough to see my 6 pack for the beach last week; now I'm back home and its time to add on more size for a cut next year .

So some critique on my diet, and instead of making another thread, I thought about doing a more advanced routine. I've been doing HCT-12 for around 6 months or so (yet I'm not as strong as I want to be yet) but I really do not feel a burn or anything in my lifts and I have to do multiple exercises to feel something (I'm guessing from working manual labor = higher endurance? but I do know pre-exhausting works for my chest... tried it a few weeks ago and I could definitely feel it in my chest. Legs, tri's, and bi's are usually the only thing that are sore :/).

Diet:

Breakfast 8 AM:
    -1 Packet of Oatmeal (Either Maple Brown Sugar or Cinnamin Roll)

Lunch 11 AM:
    -Ham and Swiss Cheese Sandwich (on 2 pieces of white bread)

Snack 3-4 PM:
    -1 Can of Dr. Pepper
    -1 Can of Tuna

Dinner 6-7 PM:
    -Whatever mom/dad cooks lol

Hit the Gym at 8~ PM

Post Workout:
    -16 oz. Whole Milk
    -2 Scoops Muscletech Whey Protein

Without including dinner, I will be consuming 1340 calories consisting of 118g protein/147g carbs/32g fat and according to myfitnesspall I need 2730 calories.. which I do eat about 1000 calories at dinner haha. But thats where I'm at so far, going to go get some creatine this weekend to saturate my muscles before I waste my good 'ole Results (its not figured in yet).

So yeah, thanks for all the help/critique/info in advance! Really looking forward to see if my diet is looking good and such!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I have female clients who eat more than that and only weigh 110 lbs. You need more quality protein sources(lean beef, chicken, eggs) as well as some good fats (natural peanut butter, olive oil, cage free whole eggs) and carbs (rice, potatoes, bagels, whole grain cereal that is calorie dense like grape nuts)

Cut out the regular soda IMO as it has no quality to it just added calories. Now I'm not saying to just eat these clean foods as you can have some more calorie dense foods but these should be a part of your nutrition.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen Cress View Post
    I have female clients who eat more than that and only weigh 110 lbs. You need more quality protein sources(lean beef, chicken, eggs) as well as some good fats (natural peanut butter, olive oil, cage free whole eggs) and carbs (rice, potatoes, bagels, whole grain cereal that is calorie dense like grape nuts)

Cut out the regular soda IMO as it has no quality to it just added calories. Now I'm not saying to just eat these clean foods as you can have some more calorie dense foods but these should be a part of your nutrition.
    Wow. Well I'm around 160 lbs and I seem to gain fat easy. I'm trying to essentially bulk but not eat way too much because I will just pack on the fat and it will be harder for me to cut weight next year.

Thanks for the input so far, I'm definitely going to look into this stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by gregory.rox View Post
    Wow. Well I'm around 160 lbs and I seem to gain fat easy. I'm trying to essentially bulk but not eat way too much because I will just pack on the fat and it will be harder for me to cut weight next year.

Thanks for the input so far, I'm definitely going to look into this stuff!
    You have the mentality a lot of guys have, they wanna stay pretty lean and want muscle as well. You are going to add some fat but if you eat quality food choices and train hard it will be minimal. The more muscle you put on the higher your RMR will be so don't shoot yourself in the foot and not eat enough because you think you will gain fat easily.

I dont mean to hijack your post but my question is along the same lines. How do you decide your bulking calories and should you change them day to day? For example if I was cutting at 1800-2000 what would be the best way to transition to bulking? Should I go on maintenance for a week or jump right into it?

Quote Originally Posted by yayeti View Post
    I dont mean to hijack your post but my question is along the same lines. How do you decide your bulking calories and should you change them day to day? For example if I was cutting at 1800-2000 what would be the best way to transition to bulking? Should I go on maintenance for a week or jump right into it?
    The easiest way would be to add 300-500 calories depending on if you have a good metabolism and how lean you are.

Wannabebig New Member
    hey allen, advise please i am 5.4" i weigh 130 pound and an tryin to bulk and finding it very hard my diet consists of=

3-4 weetabix or bran flakes with multi vitamin and 1 glass of orange

x2 soya and linseed with peanut butter (hate it)

1 tin tuna or 1 chicken brest mixed salad with cheese and x2 boild eggs

450 grams of a fruity probiotic yogert

mass gainer shake

(gym time baby)

chicken patao / or red meat? what eva mums cookin lol

snack on some nuts etc maybe a shake

any advise would be very much appreciated mate thanks

Carb cycling is pretty good for lean gaining. The e-book is called lean gains....

Only $10 or $15, worth it.