The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Good rowing times

I'm not looking to compete in crossfit, but since there is a lot of rowing in the training, curious what some good time goals are? I used to row in HS (15 years ago now...) and can't remember what we used to test out on the erg. I think a 2000m row in 7:00 would be a good goal. I was watching some crossfit 500m rows on youtube and it seems like sub 1:20 is a good time, but holy crap was their form terrible, they would flip the boat over with their form.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

1:20 is really fast. Most people can't get that low. Last time I tried, I got 1:31.5, and I have pretty strict form. I agree though that most people are horrible on the recovery portion. I havent been many who rowed under 1:30, not that it's a spectacular time or anything. Honestly, we dont use the rowers a whole lot because we only have 3. We do just happen to be doing a 500 and 1000m benchmark Tuesday though.

One of our previous coaches hit a 1:21, but he's also 6'5/285, and tall people generally do better due to longer pulls, and especially tall people with a 600+ deadlift..lol. I would wager that in my gym, there's only a handful of people who row sub-1:25. If you look online at concept2's list, which are verified via either video or upload from the unit, you'll get a good picture of where most people stand. Last time I saw it, the world record was something like 1:10.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

I have hit 1:27 on the 500m row and was in the top 5 at my box. I sure can't keep up that pace for 2000 or anywhere close.

I would say a low to sub 1:20 500m row is real fast and 7:00 is definitely a solid 2000m row time
    6'1", 215lbs

Deadlift - 475, Front Squat - 320, Back Squat - 405

Pro Strongman | Moderator Tom Mutaffis's Avatar
    My fastest time for 500m is in the upper 1:30's - but I am also fairly short which I believe makes somewhat significant difference on the rower (due to stride length). When doing a longer duration on the rower I will typically just work to stay at a sub 2:00 500M.
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 235 lbs | Front Squat: 510 lbs | Overhead: 375 lbs | Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

Wannabebig Member
    My best time is 1:20.9 on 500m (which is my better distance) and about 6:40 on 2000m. Not a lot of guys go sub 1:20. I beat a guy that was on the US team thst won bronze when we raced indoors. Form is important, but being really explosive and having a good back-pull (like bent rows) helps a bunch. The best 500m vids I have seen showed less than perfect form.