Thread: Good rowing times

Good rowing times

I'm not looking to compete in crossfit, but since there is a lot of rowing in the training, curious what some good time goals are? I used to row in HS (15 years ago now...) and can't remember what we used to test out on the erg. I think a 2000m row in 7:00 would be a good goal. I was watching some crossfit 500m rows on youtube and it seems like sub 1:20 is a good time, but holy crap was their form terrible, they would flip the boat over with their form.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

1:20 is really fast. Most people can't get that low. Last time I tried, I got 1:31.5, and I have pretty strict form. I agree though that most people are horrible on the recovery portion. I havent been many who rowed under 1:30, not that it's a spectacular time or anything. Honestly, we dont use the rowers a whole lot because we only have 3. We do just happen to be doing a 500 and 1000m benchmark Tuesday though.

One of our previous coaches hit a 1:21, but he's also 6'5/285, and tall people generally do better due to longer pulls, and especially tall people with a 600+ deadlift..lol. I would wager that in my gym, there's only a handful of people who row sub-1:25. If you look online at concept2's list, which are verified via either video or upload from the unit, you'll get a good picture of where most people stand. Last time I saw it, the world record was something like 1:10.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

I have hit 1:27 on the 500m row and was in the top 5 at my box. I sure can't keep up that pace for 2000 or anywhere close.

I would say a low to sub 1:20 500m row is real fast and 7:00 is definitely a solid 2000m row time

My fastest time for 500m is in the upper 1:30's - but I am also fairly short which I believe makes somewhat significant difference on the rower (due to stride length). When doing a longer duration on the rower I will typically just work to stay at a sub 2:00 500M.
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 225 lbs | Gym PR's -> Front Squat: 510 lbs / Overhead: 375 lbs / Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

Wannabebig Member
    My best time is 1:20.9 on 500m (which is my better distance) and about 6:40 on 2000m. Not a lot of guys go sub 1:20. I beat a guy that was on the US team thst won bronze when we raced indoors. Form is important, but being really explosive and having a good back-pull (like bent rows) helps a bunch. The best 500m vids I have seen showed less than perfect form.