The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My 3 1/2 month bulk, 124-151

These are some pics of me at 124 lbs...
    Attached Images Attached Images

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Continued

You realize you're uploading thumbnails of larger pictures right?
    22 - 5'10@236lbs!
    Bench - 325 (old)
    Squat - 455x2 (old)
    Deadlift - 500(old)

Total: 1280lbs 100% raw

The key to my exercise program is this one simple truth: I hate my body.

And me at 151 lbs...

Banned
    Where's the pics of you at 151?

Banned
    aha ****, right as I posted that you posted the pics, my bad!

PS. Saw the pics, you definitly put on weight, but it looks like alot of it is fat (not trying to offend!)...what does your routine/diet look like?
    Last edited by omen6; 12-13-2007 at 06:32 PM.

151 lbs continued.... I wanna continue bulking till I graduate in May. I am 23, and about 5'8-5'9. Any comments or suggestions? I wrote in the new members section when I began. I had been really skinny all thru high school and college, so this whole bulking thing is a first.

I try to fit in about 5 meals a day
    Breakfast- Oatmeal
    Lunch- 4-5 chicken filets
    Snack- Fetticini, or 3 chicken strips
    Dinner- Chicken
    Snack- varies
    I also drink a protien shake before and after bed.
    I lift MWF, mixing up my workout, but hitting back, lats, biceps, triceps, abs, quads, hamstrings, and calves.

Quote Originally Posted by omen6 View Post
    aha ****, right as I posted that you posted the pics, my bad!

PS. Saw the pics, you definitly put on weight, but it looks like alot of it is fat (not trying to offend!)...what does your routine/diet look like?
    I actually wanted to put on some body fat, I was incredibly boney before, and looked sickly, so I wanted to add some body fat to round out my face etc. As lame as that might sound

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rtrose View Post
    I actually wanted to put on some body fat, I was incredibly boney before, and looked sickly, so I wanted to add some body fat to round out my face etc. As lame as that might sound

No, I know what you mean. In your second set of pics you can deff. see muscle compared to your 124 pic. Just keep eating good/lifing heavy/resting!

Also, im curious, why don't you do any chest/shoulder workouts?
    Last edited by omen6; 12-13-2007 at 06:55 PM.

Sry, I do, I do bench, military press, pushups, incline bench, seated rows, all kinds of stuff for those...

other suggestions?

You definately look like a different person in the second set of pics. If I was you, I would stay at 150-155 for a while and lift heavy. Try to turn some of your fat into mass, then bulk again. Good job putting on those 27lbs. though
    [7/1/07]__170lbs.--[7/15/07]_177lbs.--[9/23/07]_185lbs.---[10/13/07]_187.5lbs--[10/27/07]_191lbs.--
    [12/1/07]_197lbs.

MY JOURNAL---MY FITDAY
    Bench_235x1---Deadlift_365x1---Squat_???

Quote Originally Posted by j_man_honda View Post
    You definately look like a different person in the second set of pics. If I was you, I would stay at 150-155 for a while and lift heavy. Try to turn some of your fat into mass, then bulk again. Good job putting on those 27lbs. though
    Can turn fat into anything
    22 - 5'10@236lbs!
    Bench - 325 (old)
    Squat - 455x2 (old)
    Deadlift - 500(old)

Total: 1280lbs 100% raw

The key to my exercise program is this one simple truth: I hate my body.

funny thing about the fat, I didn't ever anticipate it being a problem, I always saw myself as a typical hardgainer ectomorph, I stayed in the 120's pretty much my entire adult life, untill this year, the most i ever weighed was about 131-132. My ultimate goal right now is to get as big as possible, then cut. I'm not so concerned with the fat at this point, because I think I can probably shed it relatively fast, but then again, I have never had to shed fat before. hahaha... Can you turn fat into anything?? hahahahahahahahaha! I would like to get up to around 180 and see how that looks. Again, I am not so afraid of the beefy look, and my belly isn't so big in the morning, as it is at night after eating a ton! haha. My jeans are all still 29 inch waist, and I wear them daily with little problem, the only place they are tight is on my thighs.
    Last edited by rtrose; 12-13-2007 at 08:49 PM.

Banned
    other suggestions?

Man I'm in the same boat as you. I was 130-135 for sooo long, then after working out for a few months now I'm 151lbs. And the better thing is I've gained very little fat- I just make sure I eat right (I eat alot of nuts, tuna, meat, pasta, fruits, drink MILK!!) and I lift heavy. My routine is like

Mon: Chest/back
    Tues: Legs/Shoulder
    Wed: off
    Thurs: (same as monday)
    Friday: (same as tuesday)
    Sat: Off
    Sun: Off

That way everything is getting worked twice! I'd reccommend it to you as its working pretty good for me (ectomorph). Also, I squeeze in a couple bi/tri/trap excercises whenever I feel like it.

Another thing, I'm on a weight gainer, its by Ultimate Nutrition and its called ISO Mass Xtreme Gainer- it works veeeerrrryyyy good. Its got 640 cal. in it with very little fat and sugar. As well as 65 g of protein (whey, egg, etc.) and as a bonus, 7 diff. types of creatine. The guys at Popeyes said it was the best gainer they have, so I'd definitly reccommend it to you as its working pretty good for me.

edit: heres a link to the gainer

http://www.a1supplements.com/Iso-Mas....-p-17009.html
    Last edited by omen6; 12-13-2007 at 09:04 PM.

I try to fit in about 5 meals a day
    Breakfast- Oatmeal
    Lunch- 4-5 chicken filets
    Snack- Fetticini, or 3 chicken strips
    Dinner- Chicken
    Snack- varies
    I also drink a protien shake before and after bed.
    I lift MWF, mixing up my workout, but hitting back, lats, biceps, triceps, abs, quads, hamstrings, and calves.
    Looks like you need more fats and carbs, and wheres the fruits and vegetables?

Do something like this...
    Meal 1: Shake consisting of 1 cup oats, 1-2 tbsp olive oil, 2 cups skim milk, 2 scoops whey
    Meal 2:4-5 Chicken fillets, brocolli (or anything green you like), brown rice/baked potato
    Meal 3: Protein shake in milk/water and some mixed nuts, and w/e fruit you like
    Meal 4: Chicken with some type of vegetable and complex carb like brown rice or whole wheat bread/whole wheat noodles
    Meal 5: Same as meal 1

You'd have to guage how many cals you need because this would be a ton for a 150 lb guy so you might want to cut it down in some places like half a cup of oats instead of 1 cup in the shake and what not.

Good luck

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Ė Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig![/font][/size]

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by omen6 View Post
    Man I'm in the same boat as you. I was 130-135 for sooo long, then after working out for a few months now I'm 151lbs. And the better thing is I've gained very little fat- I just make sure I eat right (I eat alot of nuts, tuna, meat, pasta, fruits, drink MILK!!) and I lift heavy. My routine is like

Mon: Chest/back
    Tues: Legs/Shoulder
    Wed: off
    Thurs: (same as monday)
    Friday: (same as tuesday)
    Sat: Off
    Sun: Off

That way everything is getting worked twice! I'd reccommend it to you as its working pretty good for me (ectomorph). Also, I squeeze in a couple bi/tri/trap excercises whenever I feel like it.

Another thing, I'm on a weight gainer, its by Ultimate Nutrition and its called ISO Mass Xtreme Gainer- it works veeeerrrryyyy good. Its got 640 cal. in it with very little fat and sugar. As well as 65 g of protein (whey, egg, etc.) and as a bonus, 7 diff. types of creatine. The guys at Popeyes said it was the best gainer they have, so I'd definitly reccommend it to you as its working pretty good for me.

edit: heres a link to the gainer

http://www.a1supplements.com/Iso-Mas....-p-17009.html
    rtrose please dont follow this routine, all this guy is doing is asking for himself to get overtrained and you do not need that

Sry, I do, I do bench, military press, pushups, incline bench, seated rows, all kinds of stuff for those...
    What's your routine look like?

Take the advice of the experienced people, because you got yourself fat.

Wannabebig Member
    even if you gained some fat, you still look waayyyyy better then before. nice job man.

You look much better than before... now gain 30 more pounds, and make sure you're getting enough protein.
    Lumiel's BGB Weightlifting Journal

32 y/o, 6' tall, 205 lbs

When posing, try to SPREAD your shoulders apart. Instead of pulling your shoulder blades together, try to spread them apart and a little forward to bring out your lats. You may need to work on your posture aswell. Look at your side shot. Your shoulders are sitting way back and it looks really awkward. Nice job on gaining 27lbs. If it were me, i'd maintain at around 160 for a couple months and then bulk up again.
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Madden Freak View Post
    rtrose please dont follow this routine, all this guy is doing is asking for himself to get overtrained and you do not need that
    how am I overtraining? I work each part twice a week, only 3 diff. excercises a day per body part, 3x6-8 reps...thats not overtraining...plus I've got three days of rest! Also each of my workouts is around 45 minutes (fitness class) and I don't have to 'rush' through it or anything. Why do you say it's overtraining?
    Last edited by omen6; 12-14-2007 at 05:21 AM.

Banned
    great progress! I'm with detard. Maintain ~160 for a few months and give your heart a chance to catch up!
    To those saying "he got fat": Do you really think he should be doing a slow bulk at 5'8" 120 lbs?