Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 years and 50 lbs later

5 years and 50 lbs later

Sorry that it has been so long since my last posts. I have been very busy these last 5 years. To see earlier progress photos check here http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...h-bulk-124-151

Critiques?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Age- 23
    Height- 5'8
    Chest- 38.25"
    Arm- 12.5"
    Waist- 33.5"
    Thigh- 23.5"

One more picture
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Age- 23
    Height- 5'8
    Chest- 38.25"
    Arm- 12.5"
    Waist- 33.5"
    Thigh- 23.5"

Holy shit man. You look like you aged 15 years in those 5 years.

Any plans to cut in the future?
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

I'm not sure. I haven't had a lot of time since I finished grad school. These days I only lift recreationally to kill anxiety.
    Age- 23
    Height- 5'8
    Chest- 38.25"
    Arm- 12.5"
    Waist- 33.5"
    Thigh- 23.5"

Banned
    time to cut 60lbs

F.....

A......

I........

Wow I read the thread title and expected to see some amazing results. What I got was the completely opppossite.

You've aged like 20 years in these photos I almost expected to see a post saying this was a joke or something. You do not look like the same person at all

I'd start taking training a lot more serious.

Also don't use the time excuse it's BS I've never meant a person who legiamtely didn't have time to workout (not saying they don't exist just very rare). When people say this I take it as I have time but I use it to watch TV or insert whaever other activity could be set aside for more time to workout.

I had a daughter,worked full time,school full time and I still had plenty of time to party every night and workout.
    Last edited by method115; 08-01-2012 at 12:19 PM.

Wow, I guess I didn't expect such negative feedback. My strength has gone up considerably. I wasn't planning a big cut, but I guess I should.
    Last edited by rtrose; 08-01-2012 at 01:10 PM. Reason: typo
    Age- 23
    Height- 5'8
    Chest- 38.25"
    Arm- 12.5"
    Waist- 33.5"
    Thigh- 23.5"

Quote Originally Posted by rtrose View Post
    Wow, I guess I didn't expect such negative feedback. My strength has gone up considerably. I wasn't planning a big cut, but I guess I should.
    Here is the thing...

Sometimes the members on this site will give out overly exaggerated advice to newcomers who are skinny and looking to put on weight. A lot of times that advice is "eat everything in sight and squat!". (Who are we kidding, 5 years ago when you joined that was the advice 99.9% of the time). It just looks like you took that advice a little too far. They didn't literally mean eat nothing but fast food and icecream for 5 years..they just meant do it in the beginning to get you started.

You probably read about people gaining 50 lbs in a year and putting 100 lbs on all their lifts and went "Oh I wanna do that!". What you will find is that those people are either full of shit or they gained 40 lbs of fat and 10 lbs of muscle. The ones who actually put on 40 lbs of muscle in a year are the ones that either started at like 100 lbs or they are not natural.

10 lbs a year is pretty easy to gain while staying lean if you eat correctly. It looks like you just took it a bit too far. However, I am betting you most likely gained 30-40 lbs the first year, and probably just 10-20 lbs over the next 4 years.

My advice is to cut for a year slowly(it is going to take at least 12 months if you don't want to lose any muscle you have gained) and start over.

I have to ask...really not trying to be a dick here, but how can you look at that and say that was good progress?
    Last edited by FearFactory; 08-01-2012 at 01:57 PM.

I don't know guys, he is looking pretty solid and thick. Not so tight though.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

Quote Originally Posted by joey54 View Post
    I don't know guys, he is looking pretty solid and thick. Not so tight though.
    60% of the time Joey54 writes this, I laugh every time.

OMFG, I just can't believe the comments I'm seeing.
    You look WAY better. You might have put soime fat on but it's mostly muscle. You have to look beyond the surface.

Keep at it buddy. If you're lifting for physique then a cut would be in order. But I would rather look like you do now than that beenpole fag you were before.

Solid progress mate.
    Best lifts: 245kg deadlift, 162kg Front Squat, 145kg bench, 105kg log press, 250kg yoke carry, 115kg farmers, No. 2.5 Captains of crush

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by patricky View Post
    You look WAY better. You might have put soime fat on but it's mostly muscle. You have to look beyond the surface.

Keep at it buddy. If you're lifting for physique then a cut would be in order. But I would rather look like you do now than that beenpole fag you were before.

Solid progress mate.
    mostly muscle? if he's lucky, 5-7 of that 50 is muscle at best. based on his quad/delt size, i would say less

the only reason you should not cut is if you are happy.

Quote Originally Posted by patricky View Post

Solid progress mate.
    You are delusional.

Someone went through puberty!

Just kiddin OP.

To be honest I'm shocked by the negative feedback, too. Frankly, you've come a long way from 123lbs of stick and bones. I'd say you've added at least 10lbs of muscle mass since your last update, though it's hard to tell.

That being said, the other guys weren't wrong. You've put on more fat than muscle, and you admit yourself that you rarely lift and don't take it seriously. You can't expect to make any progress lifting "recreationally". And, frankly, this is a bodybuilding forum. It's not gonna go over well...

Find the time and burn off the fat, man. In a year you could look 1000x better.
    Squat...Eat...Sleep...Grow...Repeat

jesus guys, this is some harsh shit..

I think he looks pretty damn solid. What is your current weight? How much did your strength go up?

it's a good thing i don't post shirtless pics or everyone would tell me to cut 60lbs too.. despite squatting near 600 and pulling near 700.. oh well
    Jake Sullivan
    6' - 280lbs - 29yrs old - Professional Highland Games Athlete
    curently off-season
    HG training log = road to pro
    youtube channel = www.youtube.com/xtra0t

Quote Originally Posted by FearFactory View Post
    Here is the thing...

Sometimes the members on this site will give out overly exaggerated advice to newcomers who are skinny and looking to put on weight. A lot of times that advice is "eat everything in sight and squat!". (Who are we kidding, 5 years ago when you joined that was the advice 99.9% of the time). It just looks like you took that advice a little too far. They didn't literally mean eat nothing but fast food and icecream for 5 years..they just meant do it in the beginning to get you started.

You probably read about people gaining 50 lbs in a year and putting 100 lbs on all their lifts and went "Oh I wanna do that!". What you will find is that those people are either full of shit or they gained 40 lbs of fat and 10 lbs of muscle. The ones who actually put on 40 lbs of muscle in a year are the ones that either started at like 100 lbs or they are not natural.

10 lbs a year is pretty easy to gain while staying lean if you eat correctly. It looks like you just took it a bit too far. However, I am betting you most likely gained 30-40 lbs the first year, and probably just 10-20 lbs over the next 4 years.

My advice is to cut for a year slowly(it is going to take at least 12 months if you don't want to lose any muscle you have gained) and start over.

I have to ask...really not trying to be a dick here, but how can you look at that and say that was good progress?
    Not everyone has it in their mind to be skinny with "definition". I'm not trying to be a "dick" either, but from your avi you look like you have a build of some high schooler trying to get his abs to show.

He looks a hell of a lot better than his first picture.
    Best Gym Lifts:
    475 - 315 - 585

Best Meet Lifts (220 Raw)
    435 - 295 - 555 (1285)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DontTakeEmOff31 View Post
    Not everyone has it in their mind to be skinny with "definition". I'm not trying to be a "dick" either, but from your avi you look like you have a build of some high schooler trying to get his abs to show.

not trying to be a dick, but youre 5'6 and 210. anyone can be fat and strong

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    this made me lol
    Jake Sullivan
    curently off-season

what if lee priest or jay cutler posted here during their fat bulk phases.. those guys got stupid fat..

I suppose everyone would say "whoa.. that's a terrible bulk, what were you thinking?"

lol
    Jake Sullivan
    curently off-season

There may me more muscle under there than people are giving you credit for. At least you learned how to gain weight which can often be the hardest part.

I think with a little more consistency, making this more than a leisurely activity, you can really see some great result.

Now work on those legs.
    H: 5'7" W:185
    Goals: 495 -315 -585

“Persistence Persistence.” - Calvin Coolidge.
    "I'm so pissed at how dumb this thread is that I think I'll go kick my cat. Again"-Belial
    "I mean, it's kind of like neutering your cat, hoping that'll stop your dog from humping your leg." - Belial
    Journal

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    Laughed my ass off

rtrose, Cards just made a great post, I would listen to him.

I would also listen to f=ma and Fear Factory. If your goal is to be strong, by all means gain weight and don't give a fuck. If your goal is to look good, you're going about it the wrong way. Burn the fat off, add muscle slowly. Whatever you do, don't let your body fat get out of hand. Some guys can get away with that. 95% of us can't.

Sully and patricky, much respect but... he's a "recreational" lifter.
    Squat...Eat...Sleep...Grow...Repeat

Confused
    Liking the tough love in this thread. lol

Quote Originally Posted by JSully View Post
    jesus guys, this is some harsh shit..

I think he looks pretty damn solid. What is your current weight? How much did your strength go up?

it's a good thing i don't post shirtless pics or everyone would tell me to cut 60lbs too.. despite squatting near 600 and pulling near 700.. oh well
    You are completely different....

For one thing, you your squat/dead #'s are pretty insane. Secondly, you compete. You will do whatever is needed to make you better at your sport. Another thing is, you are tall. Being a fellow tall fucker, I can attest to the fact that fat distributes pretty nicely on a large frame and can actually make you look better as long as it is not excessive.

Quote Originally Posted by DontTakeEmOff31 View Post

Lol, post a pic? Maybe a video? Let's see what you got. I am literally 12 inches taller than you and have done all the lifts you "claim" in your signature. If you see me in real life or if I put another person in my pictures to add scale, you wouldn't have made a comment...I am 100% sure of that. Yeah I am not a mass monster, but I will never be unless I go "on". Try filling out a 6'5" frame without drugs and without becoming a fat fuck. With that being said, I still have decent size for being 6'5", natty and being relatively lean. Not many natty highschoolers have lean, 17" arms, so I am not sure where you are going with that comment.

It is stupidly easy to get 3/4/5 if you are eating an excessive amount of food. I know because I did it...and it was extremely fucking easy and I am not gifted in any way, shape, or form. Anyone CAN do that. That is not an impressive accomplishment, so I hope you don't think you are something special because you can belly bench 315.

If you are natty and 210 at that height, you are probably 160-170 lbs lean. Let's see where your lifts are at that weight lol.
    Last edited by FearFactory; 08-13-2012 at 11:12 AM.