The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Pain several days after neck workout

About 4 days ago, I did a pretty intensive neck workout. It lasted about 15 minutes, and that was all I did on that day. Afterwards, I felt fine. However, the next day I woke up with significant neck pain, which has lingered even unto today. In fact, the pain has only improved slightly, if at all. The pain is near my Adam's apple on the right side, and it makes it slightly laborious to speak since doing so seems to slightly agitate the area. Speaking loudly is even worse.

My question is whether or not I pulled a muscle or if this is delayed muscle soreness. This workout, admittedly, was one of my first few intensive neck workouts, and it was undoubtedly the most intensive to date. I ask this because if I pulled a muscle I will have to modify my neck workout because it is dangerous, but if it is just soreness from working a muscle group out very hard then I know not to expect similar problems in future workouts.

It is noteworthy that I worked out a generally large area of my neck, but the pain is confined to one region. This would lead me to think it was a muscle pull, but then why did I feel no pain virtually whatsoever until the next day? Has anyone experienced something similar with the neck?

To be as specific as possible, it "feels" kind of like there is a small "mushy" lump in the affected region.
    Last edited by CrypticAce522; 08-02-2012 at 04:57 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Banned
    Do you do boxing or soemthing? Why are you doing a neck workout??

Go see a chiropractor.