Thread: overnight time carbs

SOON TO BE A MONSTER

overnight time carbs

this doesnt really have to do with nutrition but i read that you should have carbs at night time cause if you stop eating carbs lets say at 5 pm and you eat carbs lets say at 8 am for breakfest thats 14 hours with no carbs and over night time your muscle will break down is this true or not

i don't buy it

SOON TO BE A MONSTER
    i think its kinda true it makes sense, either way can a piece of whole wheat bread with a couple slices of ham hurt b4 sleeping

That makes no sense at all

Perhaps you'd realize how foolish that notion is if you understood how the body deals with food even on a very very basic level but i'll cut you a break because I know you posted in another thread that you were only 15 years old. Keeping it relatively simple I'll say this: Your body has the ability to interconvert all three macronutrients into whatever it needs. This is HIGHLY simplified but I'm using it to illustrate a point. The fact is that the amount of calories you eat before bed and the rate of digestion of those foods has more to do with how much muscle tissue is broken down and lost during sleep than what macronutrient profile the food itself has. Once again this is simplified just to prove the point.

Banned
    mrunknown, how do low or no-carb diets work then? On one of these diets you'd most certainly not eat carbs after 5pm and yet, if done correctly, they seem to be very effective with much of the weight loss coming from fat, not muscle. As long as you are eating enough protein and total calories your muscle will not break down.

Check out REGO nocte, looks to do a similar thing, but not carbs I think.
    http://www.scienceinsport.com/PKS.html
    "I'm gonna die with a dumbell in my hand." - stpatrick44

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 80kgs (176lbs) | BF%: dunno
    --
    BB Bench 1 x 110kgs (242lbs) | Deadlift: 135kgs (300lbs) x 2 | Current Routine: Bodybuilding

There is a diet and nutrition forum. When you eat what would be considered diet and nutrition.
    "damn...can't beat logic like that.
    NAte is exactly right." - Tryska