Hey guys, I'm new to the forum although I have been stalking you guys for the last 3-4 months. I am currently doing a general cookie cutter (3x week full body) with added cardio and have made great gains in the last 6 months while losing 35 lbs. I have stalled on most lifts and would like to switch to westside. I am 23, have about 3-4 years of weightlifting experience, but just recently got back into it.
- Too much volume on a cut? I also run 1-2 a week (Normally Sprints)
- I have done research but since I don't lift with anybody that trains the westside method, I just want to get it right.
- Confused on some rep ranges
- Switch ME every 2-3 weeks? Do I cycle 2-3 exercises for awhile then switch?
So I just want to give you my outline and would greatly appreciate it if someone would let me know if I'm on the right path.
-8x3 50% (speed!)
- High rack pins/cgbp (4x5)??? Tricep intense day
- Military... 3x8? In the template it did not say
- Pullups 3x6-8?
- ME Sq/DL
- RDL/goodmornings (Low back and Hamstring) 3x8???
- Side Bends 3x8
-ME Lift (Do you not normally use bench but board and floor presses?)
- skull crushers 3x8
- should raises 3x8
- Row 3x8
- DE squat 10x2 (50,55,60% cycle)
- RDL/Goodmornings (Thinking heavy this day light the other?)
- weighted sit ups
I would also do a medium distance run and sprints on different days. Probably the medium jog the day after Max effort squat/DL day and sprints the day after Max bench to give enough time for healing?
Please tell me anything I would be doing wrong and what I could change to fix this. Also I would like to know of hamstring exercises that don't strain the lower back with just a bar.
I apologize for this being a well discussed topic. I have been wanting to try this for awhile and just want to know if i'm starting out right. Thanks in advance!