The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Threaded View

Staying Motivated

Horrible at titles but whatever. Going to give a little back story. My best lifts are from when I was 17-18 with a 300 bench 370 Deadlift (I believe) and 380 squat at around 225.

Now that was 4 years ago and I quit lifting because I didn't have the dedication to work as a landscaper 10-12 a day and lift. Now I still work labor but am finding the time and its going great. Been lifting solid for the last 6 months or so and my lifts are now a 275 Bench 350 deadlift (havn't maxed lately and did this for 6 singles a month ago) and a weak 285 squat. I missed 340 on the squat but that was about 3 months ago. 275x5 was my last set and it was pretty damn easy. Squat normally jumps easy so i've been working on the deads more. But that will change. I now weigh 185 and cutting 5-10 more lbs.

Second week of westside and i'm loving the program so far. Please tell me anything I should tweak/doing wrong. People have mixed emotions about when they put the volume/intensity tricep work. I'm starting with intense on DE and volume on ME and will switch if it isn't working for me. All PR are since I got back into again because I don't feel like going through pages of lifts. And here it is

DE Bench:
    8x3 115 + 35-40 lb chains

Seated Military: Would like to do standing but my garage ceiling is too low... sucks Maybe try knealing?
    45x8
    95x8
    120x8
    130x8 +5 pr

Rack presses LV 8 on cage (upper arm is parallel to floor, my sticking point)
    115x5
    165x5
    195x5
    195+35-40lbs chains x5 +10 Pr and the chains but went light last time

Would like to do board presses instead but would like a partner to help spot so I'm doing these instead. Do you normally let weight just touch the rack or do you let the whole weight rest then press?

DB rows:
    20x8
    40x8
    60x8
    75x8 +5 PR

Good day for being hung over
    Last edited by Sirtificate; 08-09-2012 at 08:48 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!