The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

One month to contest time!

Well, I've got another month until my first show. I just thought I'd post a picture to chart some progress. The quality isn't too great, I don't have my normal digital camera, so I just used a crappy web cam. I'm still somewhat soft, but that's what the next 4 weeks is to take care of.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Soca King

Damn!!

Let me be the first to say

Wish I looked like that at your age,instead of a hard body I had a soft body

You look good, man. Now, I don't know much about contest prep, but be careful, okay? You're already quite lean. Add some fake tan, oil, and get rid of some subQ water, maybe a pound or two of fat around the midsection, and you'll look great. The last thing you want to do is lose any more muscle at this point. It's a shame how many people look EXCELLENT 4-5 weeks out, but just lose a little bit too much and go into the contest smaller than they should have been. What's your plan the next few weeks?
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Great "mature" build for your age...good/balance proportion...Nice serritus muscles....Kick Ass!!!

For the next two weeks I'm going to continue carb cycling. 100g's is my low day, 200g's moderate, and 300g's high. The last 2 weeks I've been consistently eating 440 grams of protein. Most people say it's too much when they hear that, but it's working. I'm not planning on cutting carbs until the last week and a half.

I haven't done any cardio. I don't plan on it either. Right now I'm about 176 pounds.
    Last edited by BigChaseyChase; 06-16-2002 at 11:54 PM.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

Looking awesome man, seriously.

Like Belial said you look great now, dont let the last few weeks before the show f*ck it all up for you. Keep some carbs etc. and dont sacrifice any size.

MS

man you look great, I looked like that a year ago but, ,right now I just dont want to look like that.. keep up the good work and keep us posted about your progress..

Mystic Eric
    I hate you.
    Last edited by Mystic Eric; 06-17-2002 at 12:24 AM.

Re: One month to contest time!

Originally posted by BigChaseyChase
    Well, I've got another month until my first show. I just thought I'd post a picture to chart some progress. The quality isn't too great, I don't have my normal digital camera, so I just used a crappy web cam. I'm still somewhat soft, but that's what the next 4 weeks is to take care of.
    Difficult to tell, but it appears your legs overpower your upper torso. (focus on upper body development after the show to add symmetry & balance)

In any event, I'm sure this will be a great learning experience and a springboard for further development.

Well done !
    Best Regards,

post more pics, you look good.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

I hate you chase, I really hate you.

Do you stay that cut year round?

Good luck in the contest, and you better live a little afterwards, have a donut for god sakes.
    Beachbody coaching lets you turn your hobby into a career - Beachbody

Genetic Experiment GeneticallyGifted's Avatar
    Stockholm, Sweden...Mainly, New York,New York, Los Angeles,CA., Civitinova Marche, Italy
    Chase, I don't know what your weight class is but you do want to be in the high end of it. Most competitions do want cuts but being in the low end of the class makes you look alot smaller compared to the rest.

I'm tellin ya because that happened to me.

Questions:
    What's is the weight class and what is the weight bracket?

What Organization are you competing under?

Just trying to help ya. I was there not to long ago.
    STATS COMING SOON:Age: 29 | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 78KG/ 172LBS| bf: |Years Training:?? | All-natural: Yes|

Chest: | Shoulders: | Upper Arm: | Forearm: |
    Waist: |Neck:| Upper Thigh: | Calf: |

Personal Bests: COMING SOON:
    Flat Barbell Presses: | Dips: |Wide-grip Palms Away: |
    Military Barbell Press: |Barbell Squats: |

Damn, I didn't know it was possible to be that jacked at 16. Good job.

damn bro im the same age as you i wish i was that jacked.... you think you could post your routine, how long you've been working out, and diet... also do you have any pics of like a few months ago to see your progess... are you taking any supplements?... sorry for interrorgating you but just trying to see what you do to get looking like that at such a young age...

I am sixteen and I must tell you you are the biggest fucheh I have seen anywhere near our age. Great job and good luck.
    Stats
    5'10,185-190lbs, 12-16%bf

You look great Chasey! I agree with the others, you look quite lean now, don't overdo it by peaking too early.

Simplistic
    Originally posted by stantheman
    Damn, I didn't know it was possible to be that jacked at 16. Good job.
    Neither did I. Good luck at the show.

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    how tall are you?

****. I'm going to the gym now.

Originally posted by AFreakyMutation
    Chase, I don't know what your weight class is but you do want to be in the high end of it. Most competitions do want cuts but being in the low end of the class makes you look alot smaller compared to the rest.

I'm tellin ya because that happened to me.

Questions:
    What's is the weight class and what is the weight bracket?

What Organization are you competing under?

Just trying to help ya. I was there not to long ago.
    It's an NPC event. There is no weight class, it's flat out a teen division 19 years of age and younger.

Accipter, I'm 5'10

Chase, since I've been on this site, I've watched your progess and it's great to see you make it this far and look this awesome. It certainly looks like you know what your doing. Keep up the great work and kick *ss at the competition.

What weight are you planning to enter the competition at?

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

If I get to where I want to be, I may end up between 160 and 165

BigChaseyChase-
    Curious bro where is the competition?

Some guy I know is competing in Philly for 19 years or younger. Hes puny as sh!t too you would blow him away.

MS

The contest is here in Fort Wayne, Indiana. A trainer at my gym is trying to talk me into doing the 2002 Indianapolis the week before just to get the feel for things, I don't know about that yet.

Genetic Experiment GeneticallyGifted's Avatar
    Stockholm, Sweden...Mainly, New York,New York, Los Angeles,CA., Civitinova Marche, Italy
    I don't know about doing the competition but I think that you should go and see the competitors because some of them will be in the competition that you are in. You can see how the judges view and score competitors. The NPC is isn't totally about being shredded, its about mass really. I did my NPC competition and I was the cuttest person there and I got 6th outta 18 people. The guys that beat me were bigger, but it is different for the teenage division.

I know that you will do well regardless, so don't really worry. Most teenages don't even come close to having the body that you have. Have that confidence.
    STATS COMING SOON:Age: 29 | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 78KG/ 172LBS| bf: |Years Training:?? | All-natural: Yes|

Chest: | Shoulders: | Upper Arm: | Forearm: |
    Waist: |Neck:| Upper Thigh: | Calf: |

Personal Bests: COMING SOON:
    Flat Barbell Presses: | Dips: |Wide-grip Palms Away: |
    Military Barbell Press: |Barbell Squats: |

I hate you so much you wouldn`t believe BCC....