The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Huskybear's Road To Real Strength

Well, I've been hanging around here reading and learning and found a place where I think I can expand my knowledge in the strength game. I've been lifting since I was 17, but really had no idea what I was doing. I lifted for football, and then did bodybuilding stuff as all I had were magazines and a few books - namely Mike Mentzer's books and of course Arnold's Encyclopedia. The results - got bigger, got stronger, but was never truly strong and had no true idea about training. I continued to do a lot of cardio stuff as I was looking to become a police officer, and it has always been a minor role in my training. About 5 years ago, a co-worker introduced my to a West Side Template as he was a powerlifter, and my growth began. At the time I was a 240lb useless blob, but got down to 210, and for the first time bench 225lbs. But, my training was inconsistent, and then 2 years ago, I took back up the West Side Template, found EliteFTS and got the beginner's template from there, and finally started to get stronger. My lifts are pathetic still, but they are improving and I'm understanding what I need to do to succeed, but as you will see, still need guidance. My lifts right now are: 285-285-405 and I'm 5'11", 230lbs, 33 years old. I lift raw, and don't own a belt - but that is changing as I need to get a belt and some wrist wraps. I train alone, which is a challenge in itself, but I'm getting there.

Here is my training template (I've posted it before yes):

DE Upper:

Dynamic Bench done 6x2 with a 55%; 60%; 65% 3 week wave
    plus =
    Wave 1: Chins; Dips; Rack Lockouts; Cable Ab pulldowns
    Wave 2: Chins; Dips; Barbell Extensions; Cable Ab pulldowns
    Wave 3: Chins; Dips; Tate Presses;Cable Ab pulldowns
    Wave 4: Chins; Dips;Cable Ab pulldowns

ME LOWER:

Wave 1: High Box Squat; GHR; 45 back raise; weighted sit-ups
    Wave 2: Deadlifts of raised surface: GM's; 45 back raise; weighted sit-ups
    Wave 3: Reverse Band Squats; GHR; 45 back raise; weighted sit-ups
    Wave 4: Pin Pulls; GM's; 45 Back Raise; weighted sit-ups

ME UPPER:

Wave 1: Floor Press; DB Bench Press; DB Rows; Cable Ab pulldowns
    Wave 2: 2 Board Press; DB Military Press; Chest Supported work; Cable Ab pulldowns
    Wave 3: Reverse Band Bench; DB Incline Press; DB Rows; Cable Ab pulldowns
    Wave 4: Close Grip Bench; DB Bench; Supported Rows; Cable Ab pulldowns

DE LOWER:

Speed Box Squats and Speed Deadlifts with a 55%; 60%; 65% 3 week wave
    plus =
    Wave 1: Zercher Squats; Romanian DB D/L; Hanging Leg Raises
    Wave 2: Power Squats; Romanian DB D/L; Hanging Leg Raises
    Wave 3: Leg Press; Romanian DB D/L; Hanging Leg Raises
    Wave 4: DB Step ups; Romanian DB D/L; Hanging Leg Raises
    ***chose Romanian DB D/L as I don't have access to a reverse hyper

All accessory work will go:

week 1: 3 sets X 10 reps
    week 2: 4 sets X 10 reps
    week 3: 4 sets X 6 reps (my thinking is ME this week is for new PR so lower volume and heavier weights for everything)
    *** the rack lockouts will go in a wave of sets/reps of 3x5; 4x 5; 4x3

ME Waves will be done like this:

Week 1: 50% x 5; 60% x 3; 70% x 2; 80% x 1; 90% x 1; 100% x 1; 90% x 1 for 2 - 5 additional sets

Week 2: 50% x 5; 60% x 3; 70% x 2; 80% x 1; 90% x 5-7 sets x 1

Week 3: 50% x 5; 60% x 3; 70% x 2; 80% x 1; 90% x 1; 100% x 1 (this should be a new PR)

Week 4: start new wave like week 1 based on the week 3 PR on new exercise

So, I look forward to keeping this journal and getting help and suggestions from all you folks here that have tons of experience and knowledge and help me keep getting better. My short term goals are to bench 315lbs, squat 315 and deadlift 450lbs by January. Long term - I'd like to get a 400lb bench, squat 500, and deadlift 700. I think, now more than ever that these are possible, as 2 years ago, I wondered if I'd ever bench 250lbs, and wondered if I'd ever deadlift 400 and here I am past both. Look forward to the journey ahead and any and all help and comments!
    He who gains victory over other men is strong; but he who gains victory over himself is strong(er)

"Get rid of all excess in life. The more you own, the more that owns you. Strip yourself of all things, of all the fat, and leave nothing but brain, muscles and cock. That is life." - Jim Wendler

My Journal

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

DE Upper - Week 5

Ok, my first journal entry! I'm starting week 5 of this training cycle so here we go!

Here was my time with the iron today, very therapeutic after a trying day and a 'w' in the win column

Speed Bench 6x2 at 60% - 6 sets with 170lbs = moved it quickly, finally getting a feel for this bench thing

Chins 4x10 = 6/bw; 6/bw; 6/bw; 5/bw

Dips 4x10 = 10/bw; 10/bw+15; 7/bw+25; 10/bw

Ez Bar Extensions 4x10 = 10/65 - that was it, my left elbow is F&%$ed, tip of the elbow is painful to the touch, and extensions hurt into the joint... not good

Ab Pull downs = 10/75; 10/75

Hanging Leg Raises = 10/bw

A good day, cleared my head, moved some weight and overall progress is coming
    He who gains victory over other men is strong; but he who gains victory over himself is strong(er)

"Get rid of all excess in life. The more you own, the more that owns you. Strip yourself of all things, of all the fat, and leave nothing but brain, muscles and cock. That is life." - Jim Wendler

My Journal

Week 5 ME Lower

Me, the iron, FTW!!!!

Deficit Deadlifts - 5 working sets at 90% of 1RM = 5/200; 3/240; 2/280; 1/320; 360 for 5 singles

Good Mornings - 4x10 = 10/135; 10/155; 10/175; 10/195

45 Degree Ext - 3x10 = 10/bw; 10/add monster mini band; 10/add monster mini band

Sit-ups - 3x10 = 10/bw; 10/+25; 10/+30

The deadlifts went extremely well - I used a double over hand grip up to and including the 280 which is the best I've done. Everything moved up quickly, but I had some issues at lockout. Not sure why, but will have to keep an eye on this for sure.

Other wise, a good night, the Good Mornings are coming along nicely, though I can feel my conditioning is off a bit as the last set was very taxing.

Very happy, as my deadlifts are coming along... have to find a new box to stand on, the old aerobics stepper is caving in and going to kill me if I'm not careful... cost of a cheap commercial gym I guess.

At any rate, today I felt like this was a good training session, so stoked to get to my ME Upper! Let the progress continue!

My Journal

Week 5 ME Upper

A good day...

2 Board Press: 5 sets at 90% = 5/155; 3/185; 2/225; 1/255; 1/275; 1/265; 1/260; 1/260; 1/260 - this was a much better 2 board day... found a grove until I hit 275 and barely got it, but got it, and then worked down the the 260 which was a very tough working rep - the main thing is I found a grove with my set up, better leg drive today, and finding the weightless movement where the bar just seems to move effortlessly... which I regained with the 260 for the final 2 reps... good stuff

Standing Dumbbell Military Press - 4/10 = 10/30; 10/40; 10/50; 6/60

Chest Supported t-bar rows - 4/10 = 10/45; 10/90; 10/115; 6/125

Standing Ab Pulldowns - 4/10 = did 4 sets using a light jumpstretch band for variation

Did some dumbbell curls and shrugs inbetween the ab work

Today I also finally got a foam roller - up to this point I was using a medicine ball - money very well spent, maybe even better than my bands - I've been doing the Agile 8 and Upper 6 from DeFranco to start each session, and the foam roller is just gold - instant relief in my legs and back, and my hamstring that I tore feels like new finally... things are looking up on the flexibility/mobility front - now if I can just put this bench thing together...

My Journal

Changed it up today... I suck at depth on squats, so until I remedy this, I figure I need to lose the box squats so here's what happened...

Squats =10/135; 10/185; 6/225 - I actually went almost ATG on these and they killed me, but I know that with more practice this is long term gain... measured the box I've been using and it is 17" which is simply way too high for me, so this was a good change

Speed Deads: 10x1 @ 60% = instead did these against quaded monster mini bands - 3/135; 3/225; 3/275 - and I held each rep for a 10 count at the top to force my lockout a bit

Power Squats 3x10 = 10/135; 10/225; 10/315

DB Romanian DL's 3x10 = 10/50's; 10/60's; 10/70's

Well it has been a long time since I felt like puking after training, and this did session brought it all back... excellent!!!

I felt good, I actually found a squat grove with the low bar placement and found a good foot placement that worked... I was actually let down by my conditioning more than anything... felt winded with the 225 and really pussied out of my 10 reps... pretty poor mental strength day... but finally learning to squat!

the deads were awesome... was able to pop up against the bands, and the hold at the top helped me understand keeping really tight at the top, hopefully my deads will continue to improve... otherwise the power squats and RDL's went strong and tiring so good day again!

NOTE: the Defranco warm up is awesome and I think it is the reason I hit depth and felt good on squats... with everything loosening up I think it was easier to get to depth and not have to fight my muscles

My Journal

a week away

Well I ended up going away to a conference up in Northern Ontario at wonderful Deerhurst Resort... left Monday, came back Thursday and gotta say, I feel great! Body feels rested, mind got a break - did lots of drinking, met lots of amazing people, had great lectures, and just got a break I haven't had in too long. Tried to train while I was there, but all they had at the place we stayed was an old Nautilus machine that wasn't well maintained at all, so I mostly did some dips and chins and then stretched and foam rolled. That coupled with some time in the pool and sauna = no joint pain, and my muscles feel way better.

All in all, the break sucked mentally for training as I felt disgusting not making it in, but at the same time, I got a break that mentally has me back to a place that is balanced and honestly more determined that ever.

On a side note, the best lecture at the conference was from retired Lt Col. Dave Grossman - he has written several books, including a Pulitzer nominated "On Killing". I've read a couple of his books and they were eye opening, but his lecture was awesome and inspiring - never felt myself so moved and inspired by a lecturer - if you get a chance to listen to this guy do it!!!! Okay I'm off my soap box. Training resumes today - lets SFW and get that 315 bench! and 500 deadlift! and 315 squat!

My Journal

Week 6 DE Upper

Today....

Speed Bench 6x2 @65% = sets with 185 - these went extremely well... the weight felt light and moved very smoothly and under control... speed varied though throughout, which was a bit strange, but finally getting a set up I like when I get under the bar, and had another solid session here

Chins 4x6 =
    6/bw; 4/bw+10lbs; 5/bw; 4/bw - crappy chins, just bad day with these... to boot my elbow was killing me during these...

Dips 4x6 = 6/bw; 6/bw+20lbs; 4/bw+30lbs; 7/bw - really happy here, dips are coming along nicely... far off from my previous PR's of 100lbs back 5 years ago, but this has seen real progress

Was supposed to do EZ Bar Skull Crushers, but my left elbow was in bad shape, so instead did these;

Panora Press 4x10 =
    10/40; 10/40; 10/60; 10/90 - these actually seemed to stretch out my elbow and I felt my tries really locking out better than they have in a while, these will be a staple in my training for a while

Cable Ab Pull Downs 4x10 =
    10/75; 10/75; 10/75; 10/75

I super-setted the Chins and Dips as well as the Panora Press and Ab Pull Downs.

A good day back after a week off. Hopefully I can build on this workout and move to some serious PR's this week...

My Journal

He's Back from up North! Welcome home bro.
    "to teach God's word, by his own example; that we must Love all things that God made" - The Rime of the Ancient Mariner

DL: 375 RAW No Belt, No Wraps, No nothing!
    SQ: 325 RAW " " "
    BP: 220 RAW " " "

Total: 920 hahaha Not quite a 1000lbs (This was done back in 2008 )

Quote Originally Posted by BULK_BOY View Post
    He's Back from up North! Welcome home bro.
    BB, ya made me actually laugh and spit up my PWO shake... I'm like I'm back from up north? I'm not f#$%ing Santa? oh snap I wrote about going to Deerhurst... yeah I'm tired and stupid... thanks for reading!

My Journal

Week 6 ME Lower

Well, I suck... got sick last week and worked a couple of intense 24 hour straight days separated by 5hrs of sleep, then went to Pittsburgh and experienced my first black friday... UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! So busy and insane! But I'm a huge Steelers fan and this was my first trip there so it was cool. Didn't make it into the city, but stayed up in North Pitt and Grove City - the people are so freakin' nice, my old lady and I were very happy!!!!

So today was a continuation of training and here's what happened...

Deficit Deads (from 4" box)= work up to new 1RM - 5/205; 3/240; 2/280; 1/320; 1/360; 0/400; 0/400; 1/380 - well considering my poor consistency, this went well up to the 400; both attempts never made it past my knees, but then the 380 is a PR and it was hard, but the 2 attempts at 400 tore me up so all in all, this was a successful end to this mini cycle!

Goodmornings - 4x6 = 6/135; 6/175; 6/215; 4/245 - very happy with these, they have gone up substantially and seem to be on pace to get back to doing this with meaningful weights...

Then I super-setted the following:

45 degree back raises - 4x6 = 6/bw; 6/bw+monster mini band resistance; 6/bw+monster mini band resistance; 6/bw+monster mini band resistance

weighted sit-ups - 4x10 = 10/bw; 10/bw+25lb plate behind head; 10/bw+25lb plate behind head; 10/bw+25lb plate behind head

Plus I did some bicep/forearm work.

Considering, I'm not doing the consistent work, this was still a good session and I need to keep going... good times ahead!

My Journal

Week 6 ME Upper

Well, nothing like getting pinned to start the weekend...

Supposed to work up to 1RM in 2board Press = 5/145; 3/175; 2/205; 1/235; 0/265 - well this was funny as hell... everything went very well, the 205 was sickeningly fast, the 235 jumped, then I had trouble unracking the 265, which should have been the first sign for me to stop, but I said WTF, unracked it, brought it down, pushed it up almost to lock out and then boom, pinned... inconsistency has caught up and kicked me square in the nuts...

These done as giant sets

DB Military Press 4x6- 6/40; 6/50; 6/60; 3/70

Cable Rows 4x6 - 6/100; 6/130; 6/160; 4/200

Cable Ab Pulldowns 4x10 - 10/90; 10/90; 10/90; 10/90

Not bad accessory work, all in all, the only good thing really is that I did the session... this is simply embarrassing...

My Journal

Week 6 DE Lower

Today was a good day... instead of doing the dynamic stuff, I've decided to have a repetition squat day to work on my squat as it sucks and until it becomes worth talking about, I need some work... been a very long week, worked 24 straight hours, got 2 hours sleep, worked 12 hours yesterday, got 8 hours sleep, 10 hours today and then hit the gym... so here's how today went...

Squats = 10/135; 5/185; 5/225; 5/245 - not great numbers, BUT I went deep, and focused on my form, I'm happy with this!

Speed Deads 10x1 at 65% = instead I did this - 5/135; 5/275; 1/325; 1/415 PR!!!!!! well I have neglected this training day in general, so with a good squat session, I felt like lets hammer the deads, and they all moved FAST, which is awesome, so decided f@#$ it and hit the heavy dead, and it moved very quickly and was easily locked out and I was like I got another 20 to 30 pounds in me, but lets not ruin a great thing! Very happy...

Romanian DB DL's - 4x6 = 10/40; 6/60; 6/70; 6/80

Hanging Leg Raises - 3x10 = 10/bw; 10/bw; 10/bw

A PR deadlift is something for me to take very happily, especially considering that I have been burning myself out, and training to sporadically, so what ever I am doing is working, and imagine if I did things properly - 500 dead in no time.

I think that half the issue is fear. When I squat and bench, I'm afraid of getting pinned and dumping the weight, yet when I deadlift I just don't care and hammer the weights... that was my epiphany today... very strange...

Now just have to deal with some shoulder and elbow tendonitis, but I gotta say, 1 week of the ETS I ordered has helped my elbows tremendously, so now we just have to see if the results are real or perceived!

Onwards and upwards!

My Journal

Week 7 DE Upper

Here's today's results...

Speed Bench 6x2 at 55% = used 155 for all the sets... probably the fastest I've moved the weight, plus I warmed up with 135 for sets of 10, 10, 5 with no rest between movements going illegally wide, normal and close grips... so a good start

Chins - 3xmax = 6/bw; 5/bw; 5/bw

Dips - 3x10 = 10/bw; 5/bw+25lbs then 5/bw; 10/bw

Tate Presses 3x10 = 10/20; 10/30; 2/40 - and the bottom fell out... on my second set I felt something pop in my left elbow, followed by extreme pain and weakness... no idea what it is, but it sucks...

Cable Ab Pulldowns - 3x10 = 10/90; 10/90; 10/90

My elbow is killing me, hurts to extend... already was having trouble as I can't straighten my arm at all, but now I can straighten almost completely but hurts like hell now... playing with the idea of a hospital visit if it continues tonight, otherwise have to head to the doctor ASAP... gotta love this game!

My Journal

Damn. Sorry to hear that bro. Hope you heal up fast. Take care.
    "to teach God's word, by his own example; that we must Love all things that God made" - The Rime of the Ancient Mariner

Week 7 ME Lower

Thanks BB!

Today went something like this:

Rack Pulls - work up to a 1RM = 5/225; 3/275; 2/315; 1/365; 1/405; 1/450; 1/405; 1/405... I'm very happy with these results... the 450 was excellent and I pulled this better than the last time I tried these 5 months ago... on top of that, my left elbow felt really good... seems I have better range of motion, and just pushing/extension type movements are the only trouble for it... plus I pulled without a belt (still without) and found finally that my core strength is decent as I felt stable in the movement... VERY HAPPY here!!!!

GHR -3x10 = 10/bw; 10/bw; 10/bw - constantly getting better at these, I'm needing less and less push from the floor to get these, and especially with my elbow now, today I had to strain for these and it was great!

45 Degree Back Extensions 3x10 = 10/bw; 10/bw+Purple Jumpstretch; 10/bw

Situps - 3x10 =
    10/bw; 10/bw+30lbs; 10/bw+30lbs

Did some hammer curls, and extra stretching for my arms... elbow isn't too bad, and I think intelligent training and rest will be the key with upper body - movements might be limited, but so is the price for the future...

Any Ottawa peeps reading this, check out the "WBB Ontario Meet" thread... looking for a good place in the East to train when I go up next week!

My Journal

Week 7 Bench Day

Well I've decided to take my training in a slightly different direction now... because work is stupidly busy, I think that that a 3 day/week approach is the better route to go right now... and in that vain I feel 2 changes will be simple yet effective to keep my strength going in the right direction:

1) No more dynamic work for a bit, going with military press, bench, squat and deadlift days instead, rotating the 4 sessions on a 3 day/week rotation

2) using the 5/3/1 method for the heavy lifts and keeping everything else.

My thoughts are simple... all my technique will get work, and the lifts themselves will get worked more regularly which I need for success.

So here's bench day...

Bench - 3x5 = 20/115; 5/195; 5/205; 3/225 - final set showed me that my elbow is still messed, was doing alright but this pushed me back a bit, but still a good session

Incline Dumbbells - 3/10 = 10/60; 10/70; 10/90

Dumbbell Rows - 3/10 = 10/60; 10/80; 10/90

Cable Ab pulldowns and bicep work to finish - I think that this 5/3/1 method is going to be good... used a realistic decrease of my bench for a starting point to develop the percentages and can feel this is going to be a trip...

Went to the YMCA here in Orleans... Monday night basketball time - f%^&ing curl jockey's everywhere! frustrating as hell, but most stayed out of my way thank god! Merry Holidays indeed lol

My Journal

week 7 squat day

Another day at the YMCA, and much better atmosphere... nice people there to lift!

Squat 3x5 = 10/135; 8/185; 5/225; 5/245; 5/265 - amazing what different scenery does, been a long time since I did good heavy squats and did them properly, my form lagged on the last set after about 3 reps, but still, moving in the right direction finally... especially considering 275 was my last max I could get to depth, and it was a grinder

Leg Press 3x10 = 10/200; 10/300; 5/400 + 4/340 = this was a cool leg press machine, and it was tough as hell, walking will be trouble Christmas morning!

Romanian Dumbbell D/L's - 3/10 = 10/60; 10/70; 10/80

Hanging Abs 3x10 at bodyweight

Another good session, squats finally feel like they are being done properly... I'm glad that the work is paying off!

Merry Christmas to All!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Holidays!!!!!!!! Wishing you all a healthy new year full of joy and happiness for you and your families!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Journal

Nice Squats Husky!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

week 8 military press

Wow, what a difference 2 weeks makes... got sick as hell with a chest and double ear infections... couldn't breath without coughing and couldn't hear much - which was good for tuning out the wife lol. But finally, last night got back to it... felt a little off, but I think that 's just the come back... I lost like 15lbs over the course of the 2 weeks so not a good show here...

Standing Military Press 3x3 - 3/125; 3/135; 4/140 = pretty good for me I think, I adjusted my sets to fit into this week being the 3's in the 5/3/1 set, and endurance was really the limiting factor... I'm happy, but we'll see if I need to adjust down again, good thing was no elbow problems

Chins 4x5 = 5/bw; 5/bw; 4/bw; 4/bw - these sucked huge, had to use a monster mini band for assistance on every set

Dips 4x10 = couldn't do them, my elbow said no on the first rep, so I did a bench dip instead, doing the 4 sets of 10 with BW, better than nothing, and actually seemed to make my elbow happier

Diesel Press 4x10 =
    did these instead of extension type movement = 10/ez curl bar; 10/65; 10/65;10/65 - these were awesome!!!!! They were harder than I expected and totally torched my triceps and shoulders... excellent feeling, plus it was great bicep work... these are a keeper until my elbow is better!

Ab Pulldowns 4x10 = instead of using a cable I used a purple light band and monster mini together for all sets, love this variation and may use it for a while as a change

So, on one had disappointing as my chins and dips were garbage, but I did find a cool exercise that I think will fill in some gaps... we'll see

Tomorrow, I try a crossfit type session to get my GPP up... yes WTF LOL

My Journal

Interesting workout. One question....what are Diesel Presses ? Sucks about your elbow....

week 8 deadlift

My first attempt at a crossfit session yesterday, didn't feel like it killed me until I began warming up for today's session... still not a bad day

Deadlifts 3x3 (80, 85, 90%) - 10/bar; 5/135; 3/225; 3/315; 3/335; 3/355 - these were strong, but I could feel the toll of yesterday with the body squats and running... was going to try to rep the last set but decided not too...

GHR 4x10 - did one set but couldn't get properly anchored so did leg curls instead

45 degree extensions 4x10 - 10/bw, added light jumpstretch band for final 3 sets of 10 for all

Foam Roller situps - 4x10 - all done with bodyweight

Good day I think, this 5/3/1 program is awesome, I can see how success comes with patience so hoping to get things rolling over the next few months... as for the crossfit stuff... going to keep at it cause, once this gets easier I can see benefits will come aplenty...

My Journal

Here's a video of the Diesel Press... I guess Joe Hashey and the Diesel Crew guys actually call them grappler presses, but I remember them as Diesel Presses lol

Video

I used an EZ curl bar, and start it as a curl into a reverse press... I love em... Hashey does a couple of good variations in this video...

My Journal

Here's how the Diesel Crew guys were doing them with the swiss bar...

Video

hope this helps bro!

My Journal

Cool exercise. Might try it soon. Don't know about my right shoulder though.......

Week 8 Bench

Not a bad day... tired and had to rush it but good results...

Bench 3x3 (80-85-90%) = 10/135; 3/205; 3/225; 3/235... it's bizarre but I feel strong up until the last rep... the third rep on the last set almost had to be ground out... my endurance is in the toilet I guess...

Dumbbell Rows 3x10 = 10/60; 10/70; 10/80

Dumbbell Incline Press 3x10 = 10/60; 10/70; 7/80

Both the rows and inclines weren't great... suppose to do 4 sets but ran out of time with the gym closing.... the inclines were the same as bench ran out of gas, and the rows I just went too conservative... but this is probably all good in the long run... the rows especially are coming along really well as the 80's were quite easy, which is a good sign... also didn't do any abs or bicep/forearm work because of time, will make up for that tomorrow.... what was really good is no pain in my elbow on the bench so hopefully a sign of good healing in the arm

Tomorrow going to give the crossfit stuff another try and see how it goes...

My Journal