Thread: chiropractor?

chiropractor?

Just wondering what most you guys think about going to a chiropractor every so often? Just been having a few back issues pretty sure i figured out the problem! (bad form on my pulls) havent went heavy or did anything besides form work and my back is still bothering me!

I think getting adjustments (even if its once every couple months) can be extremely beneficial.
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 475
    Dead: 500

"All people dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous ones, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible."

I go every now and then and I also have some Graston work done sometimes and I notice a difference. If form is an issue, I recommend you post a video of your pulls so we can help you, just my .02 cents.
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

Sponsored By:

10/20/Life
    Vanilla Gorilla

Thanks guys! Will do whenever i pull heavy again! Thanks for the input tho

MY experience with chiropractors has been terrible.
    First guy was about 8 years ago. I had a sore shoulder. He diagnosed me as having a "subluxation" of the neck and did about 6 adjustments. Didn't help at all. And I got sick of paying a fortune for 5 minutes of his time. And funnily enough I now have neck issues where I didn't before.

As it turns out once I did some L-fly's for a couple of weeks the pain went away.

Second guy I went to because I gety pain from back squatting. He diagnosed me as having "maines syndrome". Crack crack 4 appointments later and he says I'm cured. Went and did a back squat session with light weights. Nope no improvement at all. $250 down the drain.

Chiropractors aren't medically recognised. and any quack that calls declares himself "doctor" with out either being a medical professional or having done a PHD should be avoided at ALL costs. It really says it all about these frauds. As it turns out the guy who invented chiropractic was jailed for illegally practicing medicine. Says it all.

Physio's on the other hand are great and I've had great results with them, AND they are highly accepted by medicine.
    Best lifts: 245kg deadlift, 162kg Front Squat, 145kg bench, 105kg log press, 250kg yoke carry, 115kg farmers, No. 2.5 Captains of crush

illinois fattest lifter theBarzeen's Avatar
    I'm lucky to have found a good chiro.... even then I only go when I put something out.

Most of us are so thick and tight that we hold everything in place pretty well.... but if my neck gets bad ( car accident) or if I put a rib out my chiro does awesome work.

On a related note I am a firm believer in regular deep tissue work. The guy my team uses is a jacked 280# or so and is referred to as the bringer of pain. But after I popped something in my wrist at Seniors it took one session with him to regain rotation in my wrist ( being able to turn a door knob)..... that and just for breaking up the scar tissue all of us get in our back and hips.
    Meet PR's: 1008-750-750 - 2464

Gym PR's... don't count ... time to do another meet!

Quote Originally Posted by theBarzeen View Post
    I'm lucky to have found a good chiro.... even then I only go when I put something out.

Most of us are so thick and tight that we hold everything in place pretty well.... but if my neck gets bad ( car accident) or if I put a rib out my chiro does awesome work.

On a related note I am a firm believer in regular deep tissue work. The guy my team uses is a jacked 280# or so and is referred to as the bringer of pain. But after I popped something in my wrist at Seniors it took one session with him to regain rotation in my wrist ( being able to turn a door knob)..... that and just for breaking up the scar tissue all of us get in our back and hips.
    Yeah massage pwns. I need to get some done on my levators and neck, they're stiff as heck.
    Best lifts: 245kg deadlift, 162kg Front Squat, 145kg bench, 105kg log press, 250kg yoke carry, 115kg farmers, No. 2.5 Captains of crush