Thread: Shoulder prehab question.

Shoulder prehab question.

Any guidelines for sets and rep ranges for things like Ys, Ts, Ls, scarecrows, skiers, and band pull-aparts for shoulder prehab?

To warm up the shoulders I sometimes do 5 reps of them all back to back with no rest, with 5lb DBs. (not the band pullaparts)

But for actual prehab, how should I run this? What set/rep range? Do them all back to back still, or split them up like any other exercise.

I was going to do this as prehab 3x a week either after I lift or before bed.

Any other recommended shoulder prehab work?
    Without progression, I am nothing.

Banned
    It doesn't matter. Just take your shoulders through a variety of motions with a little bit of weight. Personally, I wouldn't waste time on this. Build this into your training with a variety of rowing, face pulls and shoulder work. Afterall, there's no better rotator cuff movement than Military Pressing.

Hmmmmm, ok.

Thanks for the input.

Like Rhodes said, I don't do a ton of movements like that. Honestly I think it more looks goofy when guys walk into the gym waving their arms around like they are swimming or something haha.

What I do like to do though is a lot of mobility work such as lacrosse ball massage and stretching. A couple years ago I realized the majority of my pec and shoulder injuries I was incurring were the direct result of a lack of mobility so I'm religious about stretching for about 5-10min before benching and for another 5-10min post workout.

If I do the prehab stuff it's usually after a squat workout or something I'll grab some ankle weights and do 100 reps of extensions, or 100 reps of lateral raises or use the 50lb dbs for say a set of 60 reps just to get some blood moving.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Hey Travis!

With all due respect, none of the movements I listed look like swimming on dry ground. LOL.

But I can surely agree with you that lack of shoulder mobility caused a lot of issues for me as well. Doing "shoulder dislocators" worked wonders for me.

Thanks for the advice.