The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig New Member

Fat loss questions

A little background. Currently I'm a 180 lb and almost 21 year old male. I'd say I'm 14-16% bf. I'm gonna be living in a dorm for summer classes and I won't have access to dining halls so I can only cook food in a microwave. I am trying to shed some fat while trying to maintain my body weight. I'm doing HCT-12 and I also play 1v1 basketball for 45-60 minutes 3-4 times a week.

I used a calorie counter online to determine the macros for the foods I've decided to buy and the meals I plan to eat. It comes out to be about 3040 calories, 275g carbs, 80g fat, 305g prot, give or take a little.

The foods I will be eating are:
    Liquid Eggs
    Prunes
    Honey Nut Cheerios with 1% milk
    Ham/Chicken/Cheese Sandwich on wheat bread
    Campbell's Chunky Soup (generally just the creamy chicken dumpling one, its my favorite)
    Low-fat cottage cheese
    Almonds
    Carrots
    Apples
    Cans of Tuna (packaged in water)
    Sweet potato
    And then my whey protein and a snapple or gatorade for after my workouts

I can post my meals if anyone would like.

Would that amount of calories and that macro distribution be good for fat loss but weight maintenance? I'm more worried about eating too much of one macro and too little of another. Or if the calories are too high? This is the first time I've tried a diet and not too confident in going at it alone just yet, at least until I get some experience in it.

Also, any tips for good foods I can eat in the dorm using only a microwave and a mini fridge?

Thanks.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Quote Originally Posted by jwp09002 View Post
    Would that amount of calories and that macro distribution be good for fat loss but weight maintenance?
    Depends how much you burn in a day. Give it a go for a few weeks and record your weight and waist in inches once a week on the same day/same time.(morning is best.) See the fluctuation and adjust accordingly.
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 475
    Dead: 500

"All people dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous ones, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible."

Wannabebig Member
    Hi all
    fat is big issue all over the world that reason of that no exercise and eat meat and jerk food.Daily exercise and drink lot of water is also good for lose weight and body fitness.Rope jumping is also good for fitness and lose weight.

Best Gym Gold Coast
    Last edited by Crosby; 07-30-2012 at 02:43 AM.

LuNa
    It would be helpful if you post your meals.

Online calorie counters that determine your caloric needs are often inaccurate. The best way to start would be, as Whoopi said, to do it for a couple of weeks and check your weight/measurements to see what the results are.

Losing fat while maintaining your BW will mean that you are adding muscle during the process. This can be done, but it will be pretty difficult. I would suggest focussing on one goal at a time, losing fat for example and not being too focussed on staying at your current BW.

Wannabebig Member
    Hi Everone
    Daily exercise and drink water 1 to 8 glass of water a day its really worked me also do this personally and i have good result.Honey is also good for health and lose weight if we drink it before breakfast.Fresh vegetables and fresh fruit are also good for health and lose weight.

Wannabebig Member
    Hi Everyone
    Daily exercise and drink water 1 to 8 glass of water a day its really worked me also do this personally and i have good result.Honey is also good for health and lose weight if we drink it before breakfast.Fresh vegetables and fresh fruit are also good for health and lose weight.

Best Gym Gold Coast|Learn yoga and get rid of stress
    Last edited by Crosby; 06-21-2013 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John222 View Post
    I am sharing some fat loss tips here....
    Eat a balanced diet. (less calories and high protein)
    Do regular exercise
    Drink plenty of water
    Don't skip your breakfast
    Take a light dinner (Very Important)
    Use natural fat burning foods, lemon, orange, grape fruit and fresh vegetables.
    Thank you so much! How often do I have to exercise in order to lose fat?

For a light dinner I have two pounds of steak and a big bowl of rice. Is this light enough or should I add bacon?
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex.V View Post
    Thank you so much! How often do I have to exercise in order to lose fat?

For a light dinner I have two pounds of steak and a big bowl of rice. Is this light enough or should I add bacon?
    youre doing it wrong, replace the rice with mayo

Replace? pft. Add mayo to your rice.
    Move heavy weight, eat, sleep, repeat.
    Geniuses make complicated scenarios simple, morons take simple concepts and complicate them.

Wannabebig New Member
    A low carb diet meal plan has always been known to be effective. Try eating healthy fruits and vegetables along with some kind of meat- chicken, fish, lean meats, eggs, turkey etc. Get about an hourís exercise- swim, run, walk, jump rope- you have several options. Drink lots of water and get enough sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by rhondagraymond View Post
    A low carb diet meal plan has always been known to be effective. Try eating healthy fruits and vegetables along with some kind of meat- chicken, fish, lean meats, eggs, turkey etc. Get about an hourís exercise- swim, run, walk, jump rope- you have several options. Drink lots of water and get enough sleep.
    How much food? How much exercise?

SPAM aside, low carb works if you eat below maintenance. It is harder to overeat on this approach. It is also hard to train with intensity on this approach too.
    Move heavy weight, eat, sleep, repeat.
    Geniuses make complicated scenarios simple, morons take simple concepts and complicate them.

Wannabebig Member
    my friend was once taking some tablets call Xenical. it burns fat and going with throwouts

Dashquid
    fatlossprofessional.co.uk
    fatlossprofessional
    mobilehelper
    securetrip
    whichpetcover
    google
    abc
    facebook
    craigslist
    Last edited by tharindhu015; 10-18-2012 at 07:28 PM.

LOL this thread is an all you can eat spam buffet. Why are there so many of them?
    Last edited by Bako Lifter; 08-18-2012 at 11:19 PM.