Thread: carb cycling vs. low carb cutting diet

Hybrid View

Wannabebig New Member

carb cycling vs. low carb cutting diet

i am trying to drop from 12% bf down to at least below 10%. i have been on atkins diet (no carbs) and have had some success but cannot seem to get this fat off my body. so i am going to switch it up and try either a general low carb cutting diet or carb cycling but im not sure which would be more effective. anyone have any insight as to which would be more effective in dropping this fat?

Best fat loss I have had was following a keto diet, it completely killed my fight training tho. 0 energy to throw punches, but I looked like I could fight, and that's the important part, right...
    FOREVER
    STRONGER
    THAN
    ALL

Wannabebig New Member
    @krazylarry atkins is essentially a keto diet, no carbs and run of fat.

@behemoth so youre thinking my body has gotten accustomed to the calorie deficit and needs to be kick started by a small increase and then drop back down again?

Quote Originally Posted by bgb1990 View Post
    i am trying to drop from 12% bf down to at least below 10%. i have been on atkins diet (no carbs) and have had some success but cannot seem to get this fat off my body. so i am going to switch it up and try either a general low carb cutting diet or carb cycling but im not sure which would be more effective. anyone have any insight as to which would be more effective in dropping this fat?
    If you're above 12% there's no need to be fancy, just consistent. I'd recommend simply bumping your calories up by 20% of so for a week or two then bring them back down to where you're currently at.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Definitely make sure to either have 1-2 high carb days or a cheat meal every week.