Thread: losing fat gaining muscle

Hybrid View

SOON TO BE A MONSTER

losing fat gaining muscle

well i started lifting and im eating enough to gain but im avoiding eating carbs past 5 pm, will this help me not gain so much and one more question should i work out each body group once or twice a week

As far as the number of times to work a muscle each week, it depends on your training philosophy. In general, a beginner spends the first few weeks gaining neurological adaptation. Rapid gains in weight lifted occur as the brain learns how to do the lifts. Beginners can do well working muscle groups 2 or 3 times a week. At about six weeks or so the gains aren't so easy and the true work begins. People that lift to concentric failure (can't lift the bar one more full rep with good form) need more recovery than those that don't go to failure. Younger people recover faster than older ones. People eat properly and get adequate rest recover faster than people that don't. I can't give you a pat answer here that will apply to you today or two months from now. If you're just beginning you can probably work each muscle group twice a week if you achieve failure, and possibly three times a week if you don't. How's all that for ambiguity?

I'll stay out of the nutrition part. It's definitely not my long suit.

PR blaster!
    1) The diet game is dictated by energy balance or calories burned vs calories taken in. Avoiding carbs in the afternoon itself will not keep the fat off, but rather, the less calories ingested.

2) if your volume is low to moderate and not taken to failure, I think you can work a muscle twice per week.
    "****, if you told teenagers it was trendy to wear a paper bag on their heads with holes for the eyes they'd all be doing it."

SOON TO BE A MONSTER
    well im avoiding carbs because i just dont want to gain more bf than extra and im not gonna lower calories cause im trying to gain muscle but i guess if some annoying bf comes in ill cut and i think ill lift 3 times a week for my arms,shoulders,biceps,tricpes sunday, wednesday,friday, my legs,quadriceps,calves monday and thursday and mt back neck once a week

SOON TO BE A MONSTER
    when weightlifting should i lift 2*5-8 and how much weight should i lift like should i lift my maximum i can or just something easy for me