Thread: Long time reader, 2nd time poster with pics.

Wannabebig Member

Long time reader, 2nd time poster with pics.

I've been visiting the boards for quite some time now, and have finally decided to introduce myself. I did actually post once a long long time ago when I actually had an answer to a question!

Here I am

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...568&uid=591203

Ignore that one non-gym pic

photo was taken last sat. weighing 180ibs at 6'3" yup I'm a stick

Backround:
    Most I ever weighed was 192. I got freaked out had plans to hit up the beach with some girls and went on a crash diet was only for a week but still did damage. Now I'm still cutting but slowly till summers over. I was dumbbell pressing 100s for 7 now I need to use the 85s seems a ridiculous strength loss so I don't think its permanent. Not sure how my other lifts have suffered yet.

My goal: Muscle and fitness style physique, yeah yeah "wannabebig" whatever lol. Its still better than mens health! hehe.

my problem: when I bulk my strength goes up but hypertrophy seems to have stagnented, most of my sets are performed in the 6-8 rep range. hopefully if I post more on my split someone can help me add some size. (though I guess it isn't urgent since I can't much do anything about it till summers over)

You look pretty good to me. I'm 6'2" 195lbs and think i look thinner than you (and with less definition, higher bf%).

Since you say that your growth has stopped, perhaps you need to change things up. Take two weeks off if you haven't had a break in a while or maybe do 15 rep sets for a week or two. If you post your split, i'm sure some of the other members will have plenty of advise for you. Be advised: if you don't have squats in there somewhere you're going to get the smackdown.
    teh ownz joo all 4 free! if joo don't like it, you is teh GHEY!
    -Voodazz

You must have small legs, b/c your upper body looks pretty damn good to me!

Yeah you look pretty good to me. (heavier than you say).

Look at the wbb routines. And eat for growth and you will grow.
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST

Your upper body definitely looks good, what are your arms 14, 15?

I can tell though, your legs are small aren't they
    Beachbody coaching lets you turn your hobby into a career - Beachbody

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    Do some damn squats.

Welcome back.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Wannabebig Member
    I squat ATF god damnit! lol I weighed 164Ibs with more fat when I started at the same height. images of a POW should come ti mind haha.

Ok heres what I've been doing.

Day1: Legs
    Squats ATF: 185xtill failure (about 10-12 for the first set) for 3 or 4 sets unfortunenatly I mean failure I go till I'm stuck ATF and can't get up w/o a spot. (used to be-able to do 205x8 at least on the first set but I stopped doing ATF for a while and now the bottom part of my movement is weak as hell)

was doing 225-245 for 8s at parrallel. Accutane is has my back all fucked up and the pressure gets to it. So I'm sticking to ATFs where the weight I can handle is lower.

SLDL: 275x8 3 sets (havn't done since last week its still 2 days from now I'm sure its down now prolly to 6 GAH!)

Then I either hit up externions & hamstring curls or ham curls and legpress. for 2-3 sets each.

Then I hit calves.

I'm usually shot after that.

Day2: Chest/tris
    Dumbell press: keeping it in the 6-8 rep range 3-4 sets
    or
    barpress: getting rare I use the bar, only when I'm in the mood for getting ready to try a max for fun. Then I use the bar for a few weeks prior getting use to it again.

Incline or decline press: if its decines its a bar if incline with dumbbells. 6-8 rep range 3 sets

Tris: 3 sets french press or tri press

Then I hit a couple set of cable flys and push downs

Day3: back/bis (all 3 sets)

weighted chins 6-8 rep range
    T-bar 6-8 rep range
    cablepull towards stomach 6-8
    bent over dumbell rows (only 1-2 sets)
    Then 3 sets of dumbbell curls

Day4: Shoulders/traps/abs

seated Dumbbell shoulder press 6-8 rep range 3-4 sets
    Or
    standing Military press 6-8 rep range 3-4 sets

upright flys? god can't think of the name lateral raises? Description: standing up raises both arm out to side straight out. uses mad small weights because of torque/leverage disadvantage. 6-8 rep range quite a few sets pretty much untill I'm shot

I think front delts get hit fine on chest day, and rear delts get hit fine on back day.

Shrugs, either heavy barbell shrugs or dumbbell shrugs I prefer dumbbell but the dumbbells only go so high

Some various rotator cuff excersizes

day5: rest. or cardio

day 6: rest or cardio or back to day one, depends on my goals cutting vs bulking and whether I feel recovered or not.

Sometimes I do different things on the various days but those are pretty much the lifts listed that make up mainstay of my training regimen.

I'm not going to survive taking a week off that would drive me insane. The gyms my refuge my stress relief my fun. Besides the no hypertrophy happening I don't have any of the other signs of over training.

Any ideas how to change it up? some kicks ass lifts I might be missing out on for a particular bodypart?
    Last edited by Enock; 06-17-2002 at 10:19 PM.

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    I dont see deadlifts in there.

You expect me to take you seriously?
    I bet you dont even eat tuna.

Enock-
    Looking good man!!

Awesome size and physique keep it up bro, glad to have you here at WBB.

MS

Originally posted by Budiak
    I dont see deadlifts in there.

You expect me to take you seriously?
    I bet you dont even eat tuna.
    LOL at the dead lift question!!! I was like this guys until recently and now I'm a deadlift adict.

And tuna is yuk!!

yeah the mighty deadlift wants 2 b in there, i neglected it but now ive never looked back (no pun intended), and as for tuna, keep it coming. nice work also
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

Wannabebig Member
    I do deadlifts I listed it,

SLDL means stiff leg dead lifts

may not be the conventional deads but its still a deadlift

...fattest...fatter...fat. WannaBeStrong's Avatar
    Get new pants, those ones busted.

Man, you're working from a nice place to be. Very lean, but with a decent muscular base. You may not ever have the genetics to be huge, but it looks like those shoulders could really fill out. Another 15 pounds of muscle on you, and you'd look damn good. Yep, M&F good. How 'bout those legs?
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Yeah, I'm looking for legs here, and I'm not seeing any.

And you're cutting at 180? What's your bf?
    "Then on leg day do squats, lunges, stiff legged deadlifts, fluffernutters, and calf raises."--Belial, training a newbie

PowermanDL on Russian culture: "Big furry hats come into play somewhere."

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death." --Thomas Paine

Wannabebig Member
    thursday I'll post pics of the sticks

Mind Over Matter Monster Muscle's Avatar
    concentrate on your squats..use really good form and go to 90 degrees with heavy weight..and then you will see results.
    "If you have a 10-horsepower motor and you subject it to a 12-horsepower load, it will burn out. But when you have a human body that is the equivalent of a 10-horsepower motor and you subject it to a 12-horsepower load, it eventually becomes a 12-horsepower motor."
    -Dr. L.G.