The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Article on Squatting

Would this interest anyone?

I know we're all the rage about squatting and deadlifting on this site, but it seems to me that very few people actually know how to Squat. Based on what I see in the gym, regarding *incredibly* poor form and everyone's blissful ignorance of it, I'd think it'd be a helpful thing.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I think it would be a good idea...but I don't think you can adequately inform someone of proper form without visual aids. And even then they will not be 100% sure until someone watches them and makes the minor corrections that are always required. But info on squats is always good, as there are many other things such as proper breathing technique and different stances, bar postions, etc...
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Genetic Experiment GeneticallyGifted's Avatar
    Stockholm, Sweden...Mainly, New York,New York, Los Angeles,CA., Civitinova Marche, Italy
    I think that you should post it. It would be good to see if your form is correct and helpful to those that are just starting out as well.

I second the motion.
    Last edited by GeneticallyGifted; 06-18-2002 at 01:44 PM.
    STATS COMING SOON:Age: 29 | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 78KG/ 172LBS| bf: |Years Training:?? | All-natural: Yes|

Chest: | Shoulders: | Upper Arm: | Forearm: |
    Waist: |Neck:| Upper Thigh: | Calf: |

Personal Bests: COMING SOON:
    Flat Barbell Presses: | Dips: |Wide-grip Palms Away: |
    Military Barbell Press: |Barbell Squats: |

Mystic Eric
    Hmmmm... are you saying that you're gonna write it Powerman? That'd be a good idea. In maki's newest article, there will be pictures that will illustrate how to do certain things. He took them at the gym he works at with a digital camera. Perhaps you guys could take some pics with a digital camera and integrate it into the article?

Not a bad idea at all.

If I could somehow get hold of a digital camera, I'll see what I can do with both ATF and PL squats.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Member of the 1200 Club Johnny Vegas's Avatar
    I'd be interested to see a lot of members on this site provide personal visual examples on lots of topics. Squats, being as potentially dangerous as they are, would make an excellent article if it truly portrayed correct form and safety.

I think you should write it.

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    definetly write it man. cover ATF, and PL squats

Banned

Great..

Hope this would stop people thinking quarter squats = parallel squats, and above parallel = ATF.

decease, RIP
    big.

PowermanDL- An article with pics of good form, and the most common pitfalls might be really helpful, as most articles do not have pics of what they are actually saying and it is difficult to visualize it, specially if you are a beginner.

Write one Powerman.

Yeah, that'd be cool if you wrote an artical on squats WITH pictures.

I dont know why you say squats are all the rage.. At my gym I swear I'm the only one who squats, and deadlifts for that matter.