The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mens health type of physique??

How would one go about getting a physique like a lot of the mens health models have? If no one knows what I'm talking about I'll post a link to a picture.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I think you should give an example

What you do is, oh yea...get born with the genetics to look like one
    Beachbody coaching lets you turn your hobby into a career - Beachbody

you would go about making your diet so perfect if god came to earth and give prizes to perfect people youd win the perfect diet plaque

Same as everyone here. Once you get to the size you desire then you cut your BF. Once you reach the size and body composition you maintain, whereas someone who wanted a bigger physique would continue the cycle by bulking again.
    "Far from broke, got enough bread. And mad ho's ask Bevis I get nuthin but head"

You workout

The cover models and all models, for that matter, in mens health aren't that big at all. Theres nothing unrealistic about achieving that size and you wouldn't need any drastic dieting either. The subject of my post answers your question. Plain and simple, you workout and eat relatively clean. You don't need drugs to achieve that look, you don't need any insane diets or special workouts. Train naturally for a few years and you'll end up looking like one of them (physique wise, you might have an ugly mug who knows) soon enough. I believe I read in another post that you were 15 correct? If you trained smart and ate well it wouldn't be unreasonable to be at that level by your early twenties.

In my opinion i look than better than any model ive seen in mens health. cept for the fact that my 6'er isnt very defined anymore

You're 16

In my opinion i look than better than any model ive seen in mens health. cept for the fact that my 6'er isnt very defined anymore
    You're 16 years old. The models that mens health uses are all in their 20's and early 30's and have years of training as well as years of athletic involvement. There isn't a 16 year old on the face of the earth that could have a physique comparable to those models. At the age of 16 most males haven't fully completed puberty let alone have reached stable hormonal levels. I know you said it's your opinion and you're entitled to it, but I'd advise you not to say that too loud at the gym.

Originally posted by =w=
    Same as everyone here. Once you get to the size you desire then you cut your BF. Once you reach the size and body composition you maintain, whereas someone who wanted a bigger physique would continue the cycle by bulking again.
    what he said

the pro bodybuilders u see probably looked like those men's health models early in their past. They simply repeated their training and bulking cycles till they get even more beefed up
    Don't eat the yellow snow

Check out my pics...a couple people told me I have that sort of build...prolly pulling my leg!! I've been lifting 6years..Wrapping up a 5 mnth cut....5'9.5" 172lbs...
    http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/prinkylin...src=ph&.view=t

The honest truth?

No offense intended here at all, but they're pulling your leg. The guys who model for men's health have a lot more mass and definition than you. You're thin and have a fairly good level of definition and all but you have no where near the physique of a cover model.

Re: The honest truth?

Originally posted by g-dot
    No offense intended here at all, but they're pulling your leg. The guys who model for men's health have a lot more mass and definition than you. You're thin and have a fairly good level of definition and all but you have no where near the physique of a cover model.
    Oh...well....

i gotta say gympunk you'd probably be close to one of those models if you put on like 20-30 lbs of muscle and cut your bodyfat down by about 2-3%.

gumpunk maybe not a Men's Health cover model but definitely an Abercormbie & Fitch catalog model. And that's a compliment.
    sometimes slowly

My stats:
    Age - 43
    ht - 5' - 7"
    wt - 152 lbs
    bf% - 10.5%
    pipe dream goal 175 lbs @ 10% bf
    making the switch to power lifting

Thanks for the replys guys. I feel that I've been making pretty good process with my gains so far its just that my workout partner sucks and won't do certain lifts I like but I have to be accomadating (sp?) so I just live with it. The only other thing holding me back is my mom doesnt see why I need to eat so much and refuses to let me eat that often (says its too expensive).

Ecoli die
    I would guess the average men's health model is right around 7% BF and 195 to 215lbs at 5'10" and well balanced physique. Not really a big person, but fairly good sized.

That's just based on what I've seen there. Here's a sample that I would say is on the lower weight end and lower bf end:
    http://a753.g.akamai.net/7/753/1125/.../hpant_guy.jpg
    Now in pain, only working out the walking sticks.

Well two things you can do Coleman

That's a tough place to be in because obviously you shouldn't fight with your mom over food and in this case money. So you're left with two options.

Option 1 - Get a part time job and make your own money and then buy some of your own food (cans of tuna, canned chicken, ham, etc.)

Option 2 - Live with it, you're 15 years old and you have years of training ahead of you. So what you can't eat everything in sight right now? You won't get as big as humanly possible but you'll still get big.

It's your call what to do.

Actually Men's Health models really aren't over 185 pounds.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    Gympunk, you also need a head and face to be a model. Your neck stub wont cut it. Sorry homes.

Put on 20lbs of mass and you'll look the part.

Originally posted by Budiak
    Gympunk, you also need a head and face to be a model. Your neck stub wont cut it. Sorry homes.

Put on 20lbs of mass and you'll look the part.
    Guess I'll have to aim for the Kmart tighty whitey ad's & work my way up till I hit 190lbs!!!

Mind Over Matter Monster Muscle's Avatar
    dude, men's health models are so WEAK!!!!
    "If you have a 10-horsepower motor and you subject it to a 12-horsepower load, it will burn out. But when you have a human body that is the equivalent of a 10-horsepower motor and you subject it to a 12-horsepower load, it eventually becomes a 12-horsepower motor."
    -Dr. L.G.

Wannabebig Member

Re: You're 16

Originally posted by g-dot
    ...There isn't a 16 year old on the face of the earth that could have a physique comparable to those models...
    Not too sure about that... I don't want to put him in a sticky situation, but look at BigChaseyChase... he's 16 and looks great. I've seen the girls droolin' over him... lol.

Stu
    Dedicated to purpose beyond reason.
    Due to a mix-up in Urology, there will be no apple juice served today.

Age: 22 Height: 5'11" Weight: 200# BF%: 11% Bench: 275x8 Squat: 315x10 Deadlift: 365x6

Solar Powered - the point isn't how BigChaseyChase looks in comparison to 16 year olds or other people in general. No offense meant to him but he doesn't look anything near a men's health model yet either and that's my point. He may look great for his age , but the point is I stated no 16 year old on the face of the earth can look as good as those models and that is a fact. Find me a natural 16 year old that does, because I know it's impossible.

Monster Muscle - actually I don't know where you get that idea from. None of them are powerlifters so I guess if you consider a non-powerlifter weak then I suppose you'd be correct. Most of those models are athletes as I've said and compete in sports. If you want to know where I get this information from it's in the magazine itself, there's always information on the models they use.

BigChaseyChase - that statement that men's health models aren't over 185lbs isn't true at all. Sure some of them come in at under 185 but I mean we're talking about their overall physique and weight/height doesn't matter. Let's say all the models they use at at a physique level of that of a ripped 5'9"-5'10" person and a weight of 185. Then a guy 6'0" with the same physique is going to be at 205 and the same is true for a shorter person.

g-dot.... with the number of people on this planet... and the genetic diversity... and the things that can go weird hormonally, there prolly IS a huyge 16 yr old out there.

i mean... I personally know a guy who was 7"1 on his 12th birthday. Freaks exist, man

Most Men's Health models are, in fact, around 185lbs. - Remember, they are cut to around 5% BF. If they were 200lbs. at that BF% they'd be much bigger (at least at 5'9" like you suggest). I know several guys bigger than these models weighing in at around 180lbs. - no joke. You can't always judge someone's weight by how they look.