Thread: personal trainer certification

personal trainer certification

Can someone list out a number of reputable certification bodies for becoming a personal trainer?

It's an occupational direction I might consider heading into and I need info

thanks!!

Don't eat the yellow snow

NSCA
    ISSA
    ACSM

to name a few.

Just remember that actual practical knowledge is much more important than a piece of paper saying you're competent.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Blue veined member !
    Yeah, basically , well over here in the uk all you need is a basic gym/fitness qualification. I think most of the people who spend time on these forums are way more knowledgeable than 90% of personal trainers over here.

LOL @ one of the personal trainers in my gym who just stands there going come on, come on and assists ( well touches their arm once every 20 seconds ) people in lifting a piss light weight about 20 reps as he belives and tells them that it will tone them. LMAO
    Rememeber after every dark night, comes a bright day so no matter how hard it gets stick ya chest out, keep ya head up and handle it ! - Tupac shakur

true

but it's like a college degree. It's pathetically useless but pretty much essential in the job market

thanks for the info guys!
    Don't eat the yellow snow