Thread: Inzer SDP Review

Inzer SDP Review

Thinking about getting one. Was wondering what was some problems some people have had with it, also what are some of the good things you like about it.

im in the same boat

i have heard the material gives a good stretch and since I have really long arms I am thinking it may be a good shirt for me

I've heard its a good shirt but a big downfall is longevity I've heard. I'd hate to buy one every year. They cost a nice chunk of change.

Plus side: best and easiest shirt I have ever used

Down side: does not last long. Get the 3ply, my origional 3ply lasted longer than the 2ply I have now
    Elite Total at 275
    Deep South Barbell
    dsbb.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by robertjr93 View Post
    Thinking about getting one. Was wondering what was some problems some people have had with it, also what are some of the good things you like about it.
    I am finally benching well in one (surprisingly easy 765,805,and 835 last night off a 1 board a month out from my next meet). Here is what I've learned about this shirt:

1) I absolutely MUST fit correctly. An off the shelf shirt will stretch to conform to your body, but it is different than a custom shirt. You want a tight, tight chestplate and relatively tight arms. Don't make the mistake I made though, this is "double ply" tight, not "single ply" tight. I was told to get this shirt tight to startwith because it will stretch, so since I was switching from single ply to 2 ply, it made sense to get it as tight as what I was used too with a SK. that was a mistake.

2) the shirt must be broken in correctly. If you do what I did, and break it in like a single ply shirt, where the first time you use it, load it until you touch weight then work boards after that, you will either blow the shirt out or screw it up. I made that mistake too.

3) be prepared to have the shirt tightened,although if you get it fit appropriately from the beginning, you may not have to tighten it. This shirt will stretch, and if is not broke in appropriately, you'll stretch the crap out of it and not get anything in the end.

4) you must put the shirt on correctly. This shirt has a forgiving groove, but if you don't put it on correctly, you can end up setting it so it is virtually impossible to touch weights or so you can't lockout. The shirt will work against you as hard as it works for you if it is put on correctly.

Pros:
    -in this shirt the weight just flys up. You get it right and the weight launches off your chest.
    -touching is amazingly easy if the shirt is right. That said, I've benched in one where I couldn't get it to touch for crap. It was a constant fight. I later figured out the shirt was not the correct size and I put it on wrong.

Cons:
    -the shirt does not have alot of "stop". This can be a good thing, but its a bit weird if you are used to having to fight a shirt to touch, you take a heavy weight and try to fight it and it just plops down on you.
    -the shirt will stretch
    Finally ELITE @ SHW..

Single ply: 931 squat, 760 bench, 530 deadlift and 2180 total
    Multi ply: 960 squat, 770 bench, 550 deadlift and 2250 total.

The next stop: PRO total.

HOO's Gym: building the strongest gym in the South, one plate at a time.

Jk1 thanks for that major contribution. I don't plan on buying one till around December gonna focus on this singly ply for a meet I have in 2 months. What is the best way to size one of the SDP's correctly? I've heard a lot of different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by robertjr93 View Post
    Jk1 thanks for that major contribution. I don't plan on buying one till around December gonna focus on this singly ply for a meet I have in 2 months. What is the best way to size one of the SDP's correctly? I've heard a lot of different ways.
    The one I'm working in now (the one that I actually like) is a custom shirt. If I remember correctly, it was the same size as my shoulders -2 and then 2 inches out of the chest plate ---so its a customized size 62. I'll have to check tomorrow. I'll post if its something different.
    Finally ELITE @ SHW..

It's a very easy to learn shirt. Little side note, the blue ones do tend to stretch differently than the red or black ones do.

I'm not totally sure why, but the different colors are all a little different. I was told it has something to do with how they dye the material?

Either way, it's a good shirt. I had a black one last about 2 years

Biggest thing you have to do is pull that collar down. I do my best when it's right about in the middle of my chest.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Yes it stretches out a bit but it's definately the absolute best shirt I've ever worn!! Highly recommend!!
    Whoever said "Good things come to those who wait" couldn't have amounted to much. If you want it get off your lazy ass and get it!!
    Proudly Sponsored by AtLarge Nutrition

Best raw lifts:
    Squat: 733
    Bench: 512
    Deadlift: 733
    Total:1951

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    It's a very easy to learn shirt. Little side note, the blue ones do tend to stretch differently than the red or black ones do.

I'm not totally sure why, but the different colors are all a little different. I was told it has something to do with how they dye the material?

Either way, it's a good shirt. I had a black one last about 2 years

Biggest thing you have to do is pull that collar down. I do my best when it's right about in the middle of my chest.

I'll definately agree with everything you posted above Travis. I think the material debate will go on for a long time.

The weights I'm hitting are with the collar high. This shirt can be cranked up alot more than what I've been doing with it in training. I just need more time for my forearms/elbows/wrists to get used to the weights before I start doing that.
    Finally ELITE @ SHW..

The one i am using now has went through Brian Carroll, then Zane Geeting, and now Myself, it still has an enormous amount of pop in it. Its red if that makes a difference.
    I have noticed when comparing mine to my roomates black SDP's, mine seems a bit stretchier

Best shirt hands down. If it stretches a little too much after awhile, boil it and it will tighten up. Ive boiled mine twice and have had it for about 2 years and lost nothing from it.
    JERSEY IRON POWERLIFTING
    198/220 Pro
    Currenty ranked #1 198 Multiply
    Best meet lifts @220 840/650/575
    Best meet lifts @198 875/585/630
    Best Raw Lifts @198 650/425/575
    Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122706

Eater of: 61 Buffalo wings in 8 minutes
    20 hotdogs+buns in 30 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by JK1 View Post
    I'll definately agree with everything you posted above Travis. I think the material debate will go on for a long time.

The weights I'm hitting are with the collar high. This shirt can be cranked up alot more than what I've been doing with it in training. I just need more time for my forearms/elbows/wrists to get used to the weights before I start doing that.

Pull that collar down man and you'll hit 800+. Your wrists and forearms aren't going to notice much difference from 750-800+ (least mine dont) it's probably the wear and tear from squatting? When my arms get bad I soak them in ice water.

When I get the collar right I can bench as much off a 1brd as I can off the chest

Pull that collar down man and you'll hit 800+. Your wrists and forearms aren't going to notice much difference from 750-800+ (least mine dont) it's probably the wear and tear from squatting? When my arms get bad I soak them in ice water.

When I get the collar right I can bench as much off a 1brd as I can off the chest
    I got that feeling that the one board wasn't going to make that much of a difference. .I'd touch and get whatever off my chest I hit off the one board, maybe more. I haven't touched with this shirt yet, we'll see how it is in a week.

I'll be the first to admit I baby the crap out of my right elbow benching after I tore up that collateral ligament a few years ago and the right hand is the one I've got so many grip issues with. I figure if I go slow and steady, it will get me to where I want to be. low 800's this meet, push for something close to 850 the next one next spring.. and just keep on chugging away. There was a time when I thought 800 was a damned good squat... so I know I'll get there.... I just gotta do it in one piece.
    Finally ELITE @ SHW..

A lot of people are complaining about the new ones. Material is different, stretches out quickly. Not trying to knock Inzer because I am sponsored by EFS by the way. Never heard anyone say anything bad about the black ones.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

Can someone perhaps explain the main differences between a SDP and say a custom built regular phenom? What are the differences in the material? Thank

Also how does the SDP material differ from that of the Overkill shirt (what im currently using)

Thanks Guys

I'm not sure what you mean by a custom built phenom, but the SDP is triple ply and the collar is the three layers folded over

The sleeves are usually round stitched.

The SDP material is much more stretchy than the Overkill. You'll get more stopping power out of an Overkill, but you'll get more pop out of a SDP. The groove of an Overkill is lower on your belly than and SDP

Nothing wrong at all with an Overkill. You have to wear a shirt that fits your style. If you're hitting PRs in your Overkill, stick with it.

I'm not sure what you mean by a custom built phenom, but the SDP is triple ply and the collar is the three layers folded over

The sleeves are usually round stitched.

The SDP material is much more stretchy than the Overkill. You'll get more stopping power out of an Overkill, but you'll get more pop out of a SDP. The groove of an Overkill is lower on your belly than and SDP

Nothing wrong at all with an Overkill. You have to wear a shirt that fits your style. If you're hitting PRs in your Overkill, stick with it.
    I guess what i meant was say you ordered a regular phenom and the Super Phenom the same material?

yes, same material, but a regular phenom won't yield as much because of the way it's put together.
    Last edited by Travis Bell; 09-07-2012 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dank27 View Post
    I guess what i meant was say you ordered a regular phenom and the Super Phenom the same material?
    You are going to get differences in opinion on the material from different people. Obviously there is some variation. The biggest issue is the actual cut of the shirt and the collars.

My wife benchs in a single ply phenom (regular cut) with the collar of a SDP on it. honestly, that shirt was a mistake by Inzer. We wanted to get one with a reinforced collar. The biggest problem with it is its a single ply shirt and her bodyweight fluctuates, so getting it to fit correctly is easier said than done. The regular phenom has a different cut in the shoulders, the sleeves are also not round stitched--so they are not reinforced, so they will stretch alot easier than a SDP will.

I was told point blank by someone who I trust to know ALOT about Inzer shirts that the collar on a regular phenom simply is not constructed to handle benches over 700 to 750 lbs. If I would be benching in that shirt and handling weight over that, I need to make it a point to check the collar every time I used the shirt and I needed to be aware of the potential of a blowout at all times. I trust the knowledge of bench shirts of person who told me that. Looking at the shirts, it made sense to me.
    Finally ELITE @ SHW..