The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig New Member

Carb question re LOW INTENSITY CARDIO

Hi all!!
    OK!! Let's see if we can settle this once and for all...

I never used to do much cardio, whether bulking or cutting and had good results.
    When I cut, I would consume only 100g quality carbs a day, the exception being from veggies with my meals (but never potato...)

I lift, still heavy, in the MORNING, between 6 to 8 reps when I train, but now I like to do LOW intensity cardio ON THE SAME DAY, in the EVENING, strictly for fat loss.

I consume 50g carbs PRE lifting workout and follow that with 50g carbs POST lifting workout, and the rest of my day would be from fats and the afformentioned vegetables.

NOW, the dilemma: I understand that you can do away with the carbs BEFORE LOW intensity cardio (45-60mins) for fat loss. But what about afterwards? Can you get away with a protein shake or MUST you consume carbs as well?

If the answer is YES, and based on the fact I only consume 100g carbs daily, How many carbs should I consume PRE and POST weightlifting so that I can consume the remainder after LOW intensity cardio in the evening? (Also so my workouts don't suffer and to minimize muscle loss)
    Eg: 35g PRE weights, 35g POST weights, then 30g POST CARDIO????

(I don't want to hear about HIIT, that's a different story...
    Nor cardio straight after weights)

(Sorry if I come across angry sounding, but everywhere I look people are going on about HIIT or cardio DIRECTLY after training and it's beginning to annoy me, that's all...I just want a simple answer to what I think is a straightforward question)

Thanks in advance, everyone!!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

The only time you would really need carbs after cardio is if its done right after training. If not no carbs are needed after low intensity cardio as long as your fats are where they need to be.

You are not breaking down muscle tissue when doing low intensity cardio so no need for carbs if your overall diet is sound.

Wannabebig Member
    Lean red, meat chicken, turkey,. see what that does for ya

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Cress View Post

You are not breaking down muscle tissue when doing low intensity cardio so no need for carbs if your overall diet is sound.
    Well... not MUCH muscle tissue, as long as the duration is relatively short.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Quote Originally Posted by vearl View Post
    Hi ladies. Im new here and looking for some help. Im after some cheap low carb, high protein meals. I dont eat fish though. Is there anyone here that can help me make some weekly meal plans that involve this?
    Yeah, it's called frozen chicken breast. Eat the hell out of it. I'm not really big on dressing stuff up with a bunch of crap to simulate some meal. Might as well stick to a plain chunk of meat covered in your favorite condiment. I always like buffalo wing sauce on chicken...